Yellow | Yellow's Massive Proposed Change of Operations (TDU 10-19-22)

It says right on that TDU article that they hope that guys retire from road instead of taking utility Bids.
It's what they want........and I guess the union won't say anything about it?

They used to stand against disrespecting senior employees like that. Publicly.
I would say the same thing. many Linehaul drivers will retire, as those over 55 to 60 are not going to go out there and "pick & kick" freight after pulling doubles from terminal to terminal for the last 25 to 30 years. Hell, if I was still there I would be retiring too !

Just in case if some of you have not worked velocity..... it's not kick and pick.

The trailer you take to a center has a multiple amount of locations.... to reload into other trailers. Once you are done with that one you will probably get another to break.

Typical night for velocity dockwork is 4 hours.

This velocity was implemented after yeller bought Holland in 2005.... eventually doing away with most of the kick and picks.

Velocity is yellers brainchild.

Just in case if some of you have not worked velocity..... it's not kick and pick.

The trailer you take to a center has a multiple amount of locations.... to reload into other trailers. Once you are done with that one you will probably get another to break.

Typical night for velocity dockwork is 4 hours.

This velocity was implemented after yeller bought Holland in 2005.... eventually doing away with most of the kick and picks.

Velocity is yellers brainchild.
Velocity was Zollars brain dead child.

I wish I could understand all the whining about UE. I've been gone now 6 years. Retired at 65 1/2. For me the UE was my easiest job of my career. Didn't mess with customers much. Yes, occasionally I did a few deliveries. Worked the STL/621 dock usually 4 hours. Sometimes had to work our dock or make a pickup enroute to STL. Ours was 141 miles. Clocked 57-60 a week. I'm 71 but think I could still do it. It was a job. Could be a lot worse.

I wish I could understand all the whining about UE. I've been gone now 6 years. Retired at 65 1/2. For me the UE was my easiest job of my career. Didn't mess with customers much. Yes, occasionally I did a few deliveries. Worked the STL/621 dock usually 4 hours. Sometimes had to work our dock or make a pickup enroute to STL. Ours was 141 miles. Clocked 57-60 a week. I'm 71 but think I could still do it. It was a job. Could be a lot worse.
What the ....as you put it... (whining) ... is about is it slows down the freight and possibly damages it.

Yeller never could figure out next day freight.

Next day freight is profitable..... someday is not.

Not whining just stating my opinion.

When is the date to pass the change of operations proposal??????
Who Knows Idk GIF

Who knows?!

Did you ever run linehaul? The road drivers average more $ per hour worked than UE bids will ever pay per hour. And no dock work. It may have been a piece of cake for you but other locations are complicated and play favorites with junior employees

Did you ever run linehaul? The road drivers average more $ per hour worked than UE bids will ever pay per hour. And no dock work. It may have been a piece of cake for you but other locations are complicated and play favorites with junior employees
I can ask the same of you. Did you work city much? I would of loved linehaul. Never had the chance. I'm pretty much of a loner. I didn't like dealing with customers. So UE was the next best thing. Funny thing is I started out in STL. I got harassed because I worked too hard when I was a Jr man. Still got harassed when I had 40 years at the satellite I ended up at. Hope all works out in the end for you.

I can ask the same of you. Did you work city much? I would have loved linehaul. Never had the chance. I'm pretty much of a loner. I didn't like dealing with customers. So UE was the next best thing. Funny thing is I started out in STL. I got harassed because I worked too hard when I was a Jr man. Still got harassed when I had 40 years at the satellite I ended up at. Hope all works out in the end for you.
I didn’t work hard, I worked smart. I always told the lazy ones, I don’t make anyone look bad. You do it all by yourself.

its modeled after od and fedex as the new way instead of hub and spoke
Hub and spoke has been outdated for 20 years. Too much handling, and kills service. Back before the 90,s when most LTL companies operated that way it was used because there wasn't the competition there is now, but there was a lot of damage then because of handling too many times also.

Read it and weep!

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco
The Change of Operations they should have executed would be to close Yellow and restore Reddaway, Holland and New Penn to what they were when they were dominant brands. They are destroying and regional business that those 3 still had….sad to see this destruction take place.

The Change of Operations they should have executed would be to close Yellow and restore Reddaway, Holland and New Penn to what they were when they were dominant brands. They are destroying and regional business that those 3 still had….sad to see this destruction take place.
Come on brother!:duh:
Again!!!!
Stop the crying! :crybaby:
What if Yellow did not have bought any of this regionals?:poke:
Yellow and Roadway back in the 2009 recession shift some of their freight to the regionals to keep them operating and killing some of the Teamsters on the way otherwise would have been of dismissal of a couple of them long time ago.
And the most important thing, who is the boss in town?:chairshot:
Yellow is going to do whatever it needs to compete in the market, forget about Holland's, Reddaway's and New Penns's brand; that's history.
Stop the if's...
Today's reality is very different than 10, 20 years ago. Yellow is moving to the constant change of the LTL world, now we have the Amazon threat and others.
Drastic measures for drastic situations!
Or die!!!:732:

Merry Christmas!!!
:couch: