York Pa info

bolski

TB Lurker
Credits
looking for some info on York PA terminal. i see there trucks a lot and was curious on a few things. Anyone?

I worked for the for 2 years after I retired from the teamsters, I still needed health benny's. Cowan painted a pretty picture at recruitment and had a lot of potential but they are a pain in the ars to work for and health benny's are expensive. Everything is their way or no way and most of the dispatchers had a condescending attitude, (picture glass house). Hourly pay was low and w/o overtime at all, while they expected you to max your hours out virtually every week. Even if you're work schedule was mon-fri, they would pester you to work weekends and holidays saying you have hours available.

The plus side was the work was pretty easy as most loads were dedicated and mostly drop and hook. They also only kept their equipment like three years before replacing, but maintenance was sub-par with them only fixing what was required to pass DOT and not drivers convenience or comfort. For example if they gave you a tractor with the ac broke they expected you to run it in 100 degree heat because they felt it was not required. I would refuse that excuse as I would state that the defroster was not working as modern systems use the ac as a dehumidifier as part of the defroster system, that worked for me 99% of the time. The mechanics were just as condescending as dispatch.

Stuck it out for two years as I knew I would have a needed, costly surgery done at a certain time. Once surgery was done I left for greener pastures as I found Cowan was not for me.

Ask yourself, Why are they always hiring?
Hope this helps.

Thanks you, why are all the companies always hiring?????
Because the pay and the jobs suck and nobody wants to deal with it. The jobs have always kind of sucked but the pay used to make it worthwhile, no more. Combine that with generation entitlement and viola, no workers.

I would be surprised if they could even find anyone at that rate.

One of my friends sent me a post by General Motors for jobs. Seems like they too are having a hard time recruiting new employees. Now that's a surprise!
I believe that new automotive workers are paid substantially less than the existing ones but I am not sure.

The new generation doesn't seem to want to work
That too. But did you ever think about having an assembly line job? I've tried to picture it in my head and what I envision is not particularly pretty. Your spot on the line, your task to perform over and over and over again, come back tomorrow and do it all over again. Have to hit the bathroom? You gotta wait 'til you get someone to fill your spot during your vacancy. Screw up and the whole place knows you as the one who shut the line down for x number of minutes. No cell phone, no Facebook, no e-mail all add to it for this new crowd. One of the perks of our job is...well...the job itself. Out and about, on our own, every minute of every day is different...no monotony here.

I worked for the for 2 years after I retired from the teamsters, I still needed health benny's. Cowan painted a pretty picture at recruitment and had a lot of potential but they are a pain in the ars to work for and health benny's are expensive. Everything is their way or no way and most of the dispatchers had a condescending attitude, (picture glass house). Hourly pay was low and w/o overtime at all, while they expected you to max your hours out virtually every week. Even if you're work schedule was mon-fri, they would pester you to work weekends and holidays saying you have hours available.

The plus side was the work was pretty easy as most loads were dedicated and mostly drop and hook. They also only kept their equipment like three years before replacing, but maintenance was sub-par with them only fixing what was required to pass DOT and not drivers convenience or comfort. For example if they gave you a tractor with the ac broke they expected you to run it in 100 degree heat because they felt it was not required. I would refuse that excuse as I would state that the defroster was not working as modern systems use the ac as a dehumidifier as part of the defroster system, that worked for me 99% of the time. The mechanics were just as condescending as dispatch.

Stuck it out for two years as I knew I would have a needed, costly surgery done at a certain time. Once surgery was done I left for greener pastures as I found Cowan was not for me.

Ask yourself, Why are they always hiring?
Hope this helps.
Thats pretty thorough info, that pretty much sums it up.

I understand its either trip pay,and if your lucky its 18.50 an hour no time and a half
It is hard to believe that they could find anyone at all at that rate. Our CDL is capable of commanding more than that most anywhere.