SEFL | You guys have it good -quit complaining

benbai66

TB Lurker
Credits
having just found these forums ,and reading over them ,i find it amazing at some of the things that people whine about .number one thank God you have a job and work for a compant that values its people.I am now on the outside looking in ,having left southeastern 7 months ago after having worked there for 11 years.the only reason i left was because of the shift i was on.no other complaints at all ....not one .i now manage a shop for a much smaller company,one that also is enduring the slowdown we are all facing .it will get much worse before it gets better and sefl is much better able to weather storms such as these than many of its competitors.people seem to have the same view of management everywhere.what most dont realize is that there job is to find ways to reduce costs and help control the bottom line .yes in most cases they dont worry about their pay going down because they are on salary.but they do have to worry about constant pressure from above to meet goals and show results .very few if any ,enjoy telling someone that they will only work 3 days a week but it is there job to do so.so basically what im saying is ,we should all be thankful to be working right now ,and you fellas at sefl are in very good hands and are being looked out for by some very caring,honest and competent ownership and management. i hope all of you have a joyous christmas and God bless us all

hey benbai66 why did you leave sefl if you don't mind me asking, from reading your message it sounds like you are in management now, were you in mgmt here also? just curious

there would be no complaining if the guy"s were paid for what they do, if the company dont
want to pay them overtime then dont make the guy"s work over 8. my friend works for s,e,f,l,
and i see he has no home life,he never knows what time he is going in till 5 or 6 pm,then he
has no clue what time he is going to get off. i have seen him and his wife plan to go to dinner
at 9 pm and he would not get off in time. come on if the man is working 12 to 14 hours a day and on top
of that not taking a lunch(law requires a 30 minute lunch between the 4 and 5 hour) then he
deserves to get paid overtime. it will only take 1 person to take the company to court for not paying the overtime
and i bet that will change. bet if they had to pay overtime this fellow would have a home life.

backstrap im all for the overtime pay! do some research though on paying truck drivers overtime pay and let us know what you find out. every p&d driver has had to pay his dues in the city working long hours. but we choose to do it. this company is not perfect and yes i bash the company some times for the things they do. but truth is i aint going anywhere, ill be here till they run me off. just make the best of what you got and to with it.