SAIA | You'll never see a U-Haul behind a hearse.

I just found a picture of a hearse pulling a U-Haul but I couldn’t upload it. I guess Billy got that one wrong. Must be a hell of a hole to bury all that.

This is a Billy Graham quote of course but it rings so true now that I'm retired at 63. "Money is infinite, but time is not." I'm certain I've added a few more years to my life by escaping the stress of work. Retirement is way more enjoyable than working.

Train, I hope you enjoy many years of retirement and live as long as you want.
I have talked with top management of Saia, they tell me they are not sure the company will survive without
you.
Most employers give a gold watch, I heard they you got a gold stop sign.
Hope you didn't think the stop sign was over.
Best of luck in your old age days.

Ummm, did you mean to say Brinks truck?
Joe, my enjoyment doesn't depend on money, but instead on two other factors _____ time and lifestyle. Financial independence has always been about time, not money. If you view money as a goal , then you really miss the point. "Money is infinite, but time is not." Time becomes more valuable as we age because we have less of it _____ but the concept doesn't frequently align with people's perspectives on valuing their own time or how they think about money in their lives. To me, early retirement simply meant having enough money so that I could follow my passions. Early retirement is also about your lifestyle. In fact, an early retirement lifestyle is something you should develop while preparing to retire. One should pursue financial independence by honing a lifestyle that is based on living well for less. The goal is to continuously cut excess spending while building your own early retirement lifestyle that doesn't depend on tons of cash for happiness. The key is maximizing happiness per dollar and getting the most bang for your buck. Money only matters if it helps you live a life you love. Haven't I taught you anything through the years brother Joe.

Last edited:
I’d like this thread to be about retirement and what guys plan to do when they retire. I plan on more hunting and fishing. I plan on doing a lot of traveling. I plan on spending more time with the kids and grandkids. I plan on spending more time on a website my kids started. I plan on joining a gym and meeting more friends. I plan on honing my craft on my new smoker. I plan on riding my ATV’s a little bit more on my property. And lastly I plan on becoming a better human by being humble and helping my community help those that are less fortunate. And doing much more volunteering for worthy causes. Paying it forward. That’s all for now.

Last edited:
I’d like this thread to be about retirement and what guys plan to do when they retire. I plan on more hunting and fishing. I plan on doing a lot of traveling. I plan on spending more time with the kids and grandkids. I plan on spending more time on a website my kids started. I plan on joining a gym and meeting more friends. I plan on honing my craft on my new smoker. I plan on riding my ATV’s a little bit more on my property. And lastly I plan on becoming a better human by being humble and helping my community help those that are less fortunate. And doing much more volunteering for worthy causes. Paying it forward. That’s all for now.
Congratulations on your escape. Hopefully, I'm not far behind. Usually, I say good bye with a be careful driver, but, in special times like this, This Irish blessing seems more appropriate.
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
in the hollow of His hand.
Good luck and see you down the road, Jack.

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
in the hollow of His hand.
Good luck and see you down the road, Jack.
Thanks brother, I’m so thankful I made it out of this alive. So many haven’t been so lucky. With my health intact I just knew it was time to go. With so many having back surgeries and hip and knee replacements I feel blessed. This job takes it’s toll on the body as we all know. These companies will work you to the bone. Don’t let them. Leave while you can still have a quality life. We are just a number. Just an expendable asset that will be forgotten the next day. This company treated me fair so I really have no complaints. But I always knew my place. I got what a bargained for and left on my own terms. It gets no better than that.

Last edited:
bWx5lnw.jpg

Train, when you get to be a professional retiree, you can do this, of course Texas fish are smaller than the Carolina's fish