Central Transport | Your exp at your local terminal

Who's going to catch it if the driver doesn't? Its not like there are people standing in the yard checking you at the gate and unless it came from a break there are no switchers. That's the drivers responsibly to do a pretrial and post trip. Certain terminals will write the driver up if they pull junk like that into their barn. This company has all the resources they need, they just don't babysit these grown men and women. So usually the same people complaining about the equipment are the same people not wanting to take the time to do a proper pre and post trip. I'm sure you can understand that the shops rely on the drivers to tell them when something is wrong so when the drivers say nothing then who's fault is that
Many years ago, I found a way to not drive an unsafe unit while not getting into a pissing contest with management. I had an air leak on the trailer at an EOL terminal when the brakes were applied. reported it to dispatch and was told the mechanics checked every unit before they left for the day and certified units good to go. No problem sir, could you write that on my travel order and sign it that you have determined the unit was road worthy. Very unhappy mechanic was called at home to fix it.