FedEx Freight | Your favorite shoes/boots

I've always liked the Danner boots. I wear the side zipper striker II model. They are expensive but well worth the money.

Carolina makes some really good boots too.

striker2side.jpg

Try the oakley SPI....boots or shoes...I used to be a red wing man myself ...like I said try them out they are expensive but they are worth it. You can get them on line ....just look them up either the boots or shoes whichever you prefer you can't go wrong. They are preferred by the armed services and border patrol....I like ther tan color better but we can only use black. But if you want cheap go to wal mart they always have something....or academy....

Go to K-Mart. They got this resturant workers shoes there. High top and low tops. They are so comfortable. They are leather and have the non skip and grease resesitant so they are what saftey deptment wants. And u will be already to work at McD when u get laid off LOL. These shoes i think were like 30 bucks. I have had mine for over a year and they in good shape. They do need polishing but I cant get the TM to ben over and spit shine them

I'm pretty rough on shoes and I've never had much luck with cheaper stuff lasting very long. The Danners may be the way to go.

I always got the redwings when I was at fredex, I simply bought the black shoe die, the one with the applicator and put 2 good coats on them, my shoes wore out before I ever had to die them again, the reason I say that is I never found a pair of redwings in black, or any shoe for that matter that I liked.

I probably walk 5 miles a day in my boots throwing groceries, not to mention those ramps with the teeth on them to keep us from slipping, boots don't last long on my job so when I find something I tend to stick with it.

About the Danners, you guys think they could hold up to abuse for more than a year? My redwings usually last around 2 years, maybe a little less before I have to replace them, bought a pair of walmart boots one time, in 3 months they were done, sole coming apart insides worn out ect. like I say my job is very tough on boots, in freight, even being on the hub I could make a pair last 3 years easy. Providing they were very good boots like red wings.

I got on danners site and gelco has them here in Arkansas, I'm checking them out monday afternoon when I get off, I'm due another pair of boots in about 6 months, if you guys have gelco where you are check it out, I can't order boots on line because of the size, I go up a 1/2 size depending on the shoe, in one shoe I might wear a 10 and another brand its a 10.5, I never can tell.

Thanks guys for posting this info, I really appreciate it!!!!

Sorry guys its Gellco, not Gelco, its 2 l's, I think they are local to AR and OK, if you go to danners site and click on the link where you can find a local store, you can type in city and state, I typed columbus OH and a bunch of places came up so I guess they are nation wide for those that don't want to order off the net like me.

[quote author=grocery thrower link=topic=80202.msg830216#msg830216 date=1274007992]
the reason I say that is I never found a pair of redwings in black, or any shoe for that matter that I liked.[/quote]

They have a new black boot that I've been eyeballing.

427.jpg

Found here.

About the Danners, you guys think they could hold up to abuse for more than a year?

Mine last about a year. I'm 6'3" and tip the scales at just over 300 lbs so I'm a little rough on the soles of shoes and boots.

When I was working in a warehouse and on concrete all the time I had a pair of Carolina Grizzly steel toe boots. They where the best boot out there for walking and standing all day. Danners ane not that well suited for standing on concrete all day. They do work well for driving.

[quote author=pullintriples link=topic=80202.msg830049#msg830049 date=1273944065]
Question from a new hire.....Black shoes/boots for the work uniform, what's your favorite and most comfortable?
[/quote]

Depends on if you're line or city and/or how much docktime you'll be seeing.
Also depends on the weather at the particular service center you're working at.

Forewarned is forearmed!
Beware or be square!
Hope you take care!

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=80202.msg830446#msg830446 date=1274057391]

Depends on if you're line or city and/or how much docktime you'll be seeing.
Also depends on the weather at the particular service center you're working at.

[/quote]

As usual, you ad so much to the post. Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge Mike.

Last Year when the HR cheif was here and told me about my shoes being illegal I asked him about how come Freight gets a shoe allowance and we dont. He gave me to old song and dance that each division has different policies. He said they talked about that with Freight. They require steel toe shoes and National/Watkins never belived in it and didnt want their drivers to be required to have the steel toed shoes there for no shoe allowance. Since I am now on my retirement relay run I have a pair of slippers i wear in the truck and a sandlewood incese burner. Ah just like home!!!

If you don't work the dock and it's summer Rockport shoes not boots are very comfortable. I don't know how y'all drive in heavy boots. Don't you stomp all over the petals!! And I don't mean the daisy's!!

[quote author=worthless link=topic=80202.msg830931#msg830931 date=1274213018]
If you don't work the dock and it's summer Rockport shoes not boots are very comfortable. I don't know how y'all drive in heavy boots. Don't you stomp all over the petals!! And I don't mean the daisy's!!
[/quote]

Well, men tend to wear boots, we know how to handle the tools of the trade, I wear boots, steel toe and I don't work a dock and I drive, I also unload groceries, you would be surprised how banged up the toes get when you do real man work...thats how we don't stomp all over the petals, we real working men know how to use our equipment correctly..LOL!!! Just joshin with ya worthless, I couldn't resist!! HAHA!!!!

I only wear Timberland Titan Safety work boots. I am hard on boots and these last. They are light weight, flexible and very comfortable from day one. No break in needed. And at the end of a 12 hour shift my feet don't hurt .Cost about $130 depending on where you get them. I go to Rogan's for there buy one pair and get another for 1/2 price. Got the tip on these from my local postman who is on his feet all day.

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2269762&cp=&sr=1&kw=safety+boot&pg=2&f=Taxonomy%2FTBL%2F3976195&origkw=safety+boot&parentPage=search

[quote author=pullintriples link=topic=80202.msg830049#msg830049 date=1273944065]
Question from a new hire.....Black shoes/boots for the work uniform, what's your favorite and most comfortable?
[/quote]

I've always been a Red Winger, here's what I have now, they are waterproof and super comfy.

roog

Red Wing Model 6660

6660.jpg