Yellow | YRC, ABF, UPS Frieght

PGHMike@305

In Solidarity
Credits
Hey Freight Teamster, now is the time to get organized...YRC struggles for survival, ABF claims they're facing a similar plight. UPS Freight continues to grow as Teamsters there wonder where they can find some union power. Layoffs, givebacks, pension cuts, work rule violations. We have made sacrifices across the board. We need to win new leadership in our union and rebuild Freight Power. It won't come easy, but it needs to get done. We need a grassroots effort to defend our hard-won working conditions and save the benefits we deserve. It's up to us to enforce the contract and find the leadership we need to back us up. Freight Teamsters from across our union will come together at the TDU Convention in Chicago Nov. 5-7 to discuss the state of our industry, day-to-day issues and grievances,and to hammer out a plan for mobilizing Freight Teamsters and rebuilding our union's power... Consider this a personal invitation to join me,perhaps this meeting will spark the change we desperately need...In Solidarity Register for the TDU Convention | Teamsters for a Democratic Union make plans to attend.

thank you my TDU brother...... lets all fight for what our forfathers won for us so many years ago and that was teamster pride and power.. remember brothers and sisters the members are the union not the goons in washington..say by JR...

perfect storm. economic instability. no jobs locally. need a few months for retirement credits.fedex dumping employees. no union jobs available here. no government jobs unless you are special. only crap jobs around here. they got me by the kahonnes.

perfect storm. economic instability. no jobs locally. need a few months for retirement credits.fedex dumping employees. no union jobs available here. no government jobs unless you are special. only crap jobs around here. they got me by the kahonnes.

Your certainly NOT alone but you forgot to add most likely too old to start another job..

i am almost 50. most warehouses and the few manufacturers left are hiring the young, when they hire at all. no one, no one is hiring full time with benefits in this area. fedex was, but aint now, likewise ups and fedex. all the big box retailers are dumping their help to get people in to work for a few dollars less. good jobs in the paper are $10.00. sheetz, a local convenience chain, pays 11.00 and men my age are now working there, along with the old ladies.

i am almost 50. most warehouses and the few manufacturers left are hiring the young, when they hire at all. no one, no one is hiring full time with benefits in this area. fedex was, but aint now, likewise ups and fedex. all the big box retailers are dumping their help to get people in to work for a few dollars less. good jobs in the paper are $10.00. sheetz, a local convenience chain, pays 11.00 and men my age are now working there, along with the old ladies.

Welcome to the new America.

Part-time, temps, and no benefits.

I still remember the contracts or 1994 and 1998, both under TDU leadership and both were givebacks. Do we need new leadership? YES! Can anybody convience all the old cowards at YRC that they have to work at and fight for a better future?

I still remember the contracts or 1994 and 1998, both under TDU leadership and both were givebacks. Do we need new leadership? YES! Can anybody convience all the old cowards at YRC that they have to work at and fight for a better future?

Maybe if they win their fight for survival, they will be around long enough to fight for a better future.
The biggest problem we all face is that as a country, we don't produce anything in the quantity that we did in the past. It was our industrial prowess that put us on the pedestal we once held. That pedestal has been moved to developing countries with cheap labor and insufficient human rights. But this is all good for the corporate world. As long as we continue to pick up finished goods at piers and airports and deliver to destination, while at the same time sending empty containers back overseas, instead of moving goods between suppliers and manufacturers domestically, then we are all doomed to failure.

Maybe if they win their fight for survival, they will be around long enough to fight for a better future.
The biggest problem we all face is that as a country, we don't produce anything in the quantity that we did in the past. It was our industrial prowess that put us on the pedestal we once held. That pedestal has been moved to developing countries with cheap labor and insufficient human rights. But this is all good for the corporate world. As long as we continue to pick up finished goods at piers and airports and deliver to destination, while at the same time sending empty containers back overseas, instead of moving goods between suppliers and manufacturers domestically, then we are all doomed to failure.

Come on corporate America, come back home!

Chicago Nov 7 Sunday morning Special Freight meeting...Spagetti bringin da donuts?

6a00d83451b39369e2010536f9412b970c-800wi.jpg

100% correct. The Teamsters are finished. Sorry but true. The Nons pay as much or more, with more flexability, so not enough more are willing to organize. Without more organizing, the pension fails. Without better paying than nons, or a fantastic pension, there is no reason to join the Union. Like it or not-- keep YRC in Business, or it's the end of the Teamsters. Don't shoot the messenger-- inhale the message. Find a way to keep YRC in business, or it's over for the Teamsters....

Free trade sucks. We need Fair trade.

Fair for Whom? When you try to blend average pay/benefits of our $30 per hour with their $2.00 per day, do you honestly think they'll raise to our level, or we'll come down? The Obama "Global Economy" goals (started by Carter, continued by every Prez of both parties since) are that the UN runs the world, and the USA is just another Third World Nation. Crap and Tax chases even more companies away off our shores.

Instead, you seem to be calling for Protectionism. Smoot-Hawley started the Great Depression. Last week we here started inflating our money, after the Fed started buying our own Treasuries, because no one else will now. We're headed for real trouble-- gas prices jumped immediately. Don't vote for 25,000 more people to be added to the Unemployment Line; we've already got enough troubles....

Wow....thats motivation union broda...but 3 years to late..solidarity was needed years ago instead complacentcy took over..and when you get complacent you get in the position your in now.....screwed.....organize..ok, then what...the last thing a shipper wants to hear along with all this yrc b.s going on is other union carriers are stirring up the poop.....that my friend will be the end--the freight union has.............been broken...sorry...but true!

Funny

:lmao:
hey freight teamster, now is the time to get organized...yrc struggles for survival, abf claims they're facing a similar plight. Ups freight continues to grow as teamsters there wonder where they can find some union power. Layoffs, givebacks, pension cuts, work rule violations. We have made sacrifices across the board. We need to win new leadership in our union and rebuild freight power. It won't come easy, but it needs to get done. We need a grassroots effort to defend our hard-won working conditions and save the benefits we deserve. It's up to us to enforce the contract and find the leadership we need to back us up. Freight teamsters from across our union will come together at the tdu convention in chicago nov. 5-7 to discuss the state of our industry, day-to-day issues and grievances,and to hammer out a plan for mobilizing freight teamsters and rebuilding our union's power... Consider this a personal invitation to join me,perhaps this meeting will spark the change we desperately need...in solidarity register for the tdu convention | teamsters for a democratic union make plans to attend.
:lmao::lmao:

Hey Chicago Freight Teamsters

The next Teamster General President will be speaking at TDU convention, and Special Freight meeting...Call 313-842-2600 to register...I mean you in freight and live in Chicago area don't miss seeing this event...