Yellow | YRC CEO says to retire once recovery plan in place

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
(Reuters) - Trucker YRC Worldwide said on Tuesday its Chief Executive William Zollars would retire as soon as the company completed its recovery plan.

"Upon the successful resolution of many of our recent business challenges, the time would be right for me to hand over the reins to new leadership," Zollars, 62, said in a company statement.

Zollars, who helped YRC avert bankruptcy last year, is also its chairman and president.

The company based in Overland Park, Kansas, said Zollars and the board had agreed that he would retain his positions until a new CEO was named.

"By informing the board now of my decision, we will have sufficient time to identify my successor and ensure a seamless transition to new leadership," Zollars said.

The company said it would look for candidates inside and outside the company..........

YRC CEO says to retire once recovery plan in place | Reuters

(Reuters) - Trucker YRC Worldwide said on Tuesday its Chief Executive William Zollars would retire as soon as the company completed its recovery plan.

"Upon the successful resolution of many of our recent business challenges, the time would be right for me to hand over the reins to new leadership," Zollars, 62, said in a company statement.

Zollars, who helped YRC avert bankruptcy last year, is also its chairman and president.

The company based in Overland Park, Kansas, said Zollars and the board had agreed that he would retain his positions until a new CEO was named.

"By informing the board now of my decision, we will have sufficient time to identify my successor and ensure a seamless transition to new leadership," Zollars said.

The company said it would look for candidates inside and outside the company..........

I'm Available

key point is he did'nt say when he would be gone ???? is this a smoke screen for the union ?????

Zollars, who nearly caused a YRC bankruptcy last year, is also its chairman and president.

I did some editing to make the arcticle acurate.

Identify my successor? Will there be anything left to run??

He only leaves if we vote in the recovery plan. Dont let that influence your vote!! Remember, HE gets to apoint his successor! Someone he has trained, to think just like him. HIS TWINN. So think of our pay, our pensions, and our jobs, when it comes time to vote. Leave Zollars out of this, cause it really doesnt have anything to do with it. YRC is using this to influence your yes vote. Dont fall for it!!

He has been here five years too long already!!