Yellow | YRC charts course to recovery by end of 2010

This whole thing about letting current management take charge of running day to day operations was a total disaster from the example that 309 displays . They have no concern about moving fright . They would be much better suited as prison guards .They keep their jobs by how many letters or how many guys they can fire today . No wonder this company is in the shape they are. There might be a few that are alright but they happen to be the ones that don't count. Is there anyone that can say that 309 managers are good people to work for? Managers need not apply. :duel:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80019.msg831104#msg831104 date=1274249308]
This whole thing about letting current management take charge of running day to day operations was a total disaster from the example that 309 displays . They have no concern about moving fright . They would be much better suited as prison guards .They keep their jobs by how many letters or how many guys they can fire today . No wonder this company is in the shape they are. There might be a few that are alright but they happen to be the ones that don't count. Is there anyone that can say that 309 managers are good people to work for? Managers need not apply. :duel:
[/quote]You would think that the :buttkisser: ******* drivers would learn anything out of it, yet. Nope their still :iamnotworthy: to the management and only wanting more abuse. Too much of this :buttkisser:, will turn into this sooner or later :fart: and with the letters they receive, they can at least use them to wipe the ::shit:: off of their faces. :biglaugh:

They will be the same ones ready to give another 5% back to YRC, if $ Bill asks again. If I was $ Bill, I would try to push the issue again. Nobody seems to know how to vote No, yet :biglaugh:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80019.msg 831104#msg 831104 date=1274249308]
This whole thing about letting x Roadway management take charge of running day to day operations was a total disaster from the example that 309 displays . They have no concern about moving fright . They would be much better suited as prison guards .They keep their jobs by how many letters or how many guys they can fire today . No wonder this company is in the shape they are. There might be a few that are alright but they happen to be the ones that don't count. Is there anyone that can say that 309 managers are good people to work for? Managers need not apply. :duel:
[/quote]
I like how people are still blaming that it's roadways fault and that's why we're in the sinking boat. I work at 881 run by 90% yellow mgmt. And it a pile of s#$t too. So i don't know how people blame roadway or yellow for the way the company is ran. It's zollar running the show not roadway or yellow. This is why we will never over come are challenges is because we're to busy blaming each other.

We are cracking back down on the Roadway vs Yellow crap as it seems to be getting out of control again. ALL management is YRC management, we need to keep discussions in the present tense. Vwaggs

Roadway Express employees had Brand LOYALTY to the Big R!
yellow freight employees had Brand LOYALTY to yellow!

UNFORTUNATELY, those days are gone. IF this company wants to survive, the two groups had better come together as ONE. I think Holland guys still have ALOT more loyalty to the Holland name, BECAUSE they still feel independent of this clusterf---!!, even though they feel the pain as much as any of us.

Bottom line is that none of us like this BS!

..........................., BUT if yRc is to make it then WE must work as one company and quit complaining about who WAS better. .............................................

..................................................................... YRC shouldn't be using cheap/old technology to run a billion dollar business, that is twice the size than it was before. If YRC is getting loan approvals from banks, doesn't anyone else think YRC should be using a better and a more updated technology/software system that can adapt to the newer and more advanced global economy?

Try working out of 309, if someone really wants to know what Hell is really like. I believe people would have adapted better with the concessions taking place with a more professional management, like we once had in 301/CGB ............................................................ 301 management wasn't perfect, but they at least treated people with professional courtesy, allow drivers to slide or have a safety slide, give time off or give vacation when needed, and more reasonable people to talk too if there was ever a problem.

Nobody ever needed any special permission granted from someone to live their own lives. There was no reason for anyone to be treated like a piece of :::shit:::, like how the other management treats people at YRC/309 now. The surviving management for YRC/309 doesn't have enough common sense to realize that nobody likes working for an @$$-hole, neither. If the from 309 would treat people with a lot more respect than what their giving people, their would be a lot less problems to be dealing with, from both sides of the work force.

According to the surviving management out of 309, if there is something to easy to solve, operate, or if there is something that happens that makes sense, there has got to be be something wrong. The current YRC/309 management are operating the company, like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I'm sure if the current surviving YRC/309 Management's (family parents) realized how stupid their off-spring really were, they would have been traded in for a family-pet monkey, years ago. :biglaugh:

Another words, the ------ from the 309 Management lacks people skills. Maybe that is why they have a hard time dealing with Teamsters, because they have no trouble dealing with their own, original, .............Ah, never mind, it is pretty obvious what the others are. :biglaugh:

edited for content/language Vwaggs

Calm down, the patient was close to death
surgicalmask_0.jpg

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80019.msg828685#msg828685 date=1273531578]
4578467297_cfe0607d8e_m.jpg

Leading trucker YRC Worldwide , which narrowly averted bankruptcy in December, expects to have a "global solution" to looming 2011 financial obligations within the next few months, the company's top executive said on Monday.Sounds like foreign investors to me.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64969620100510
[/quote]

Last I checked--

FedEx Freight
images
lost money

Con-Way
images
lost money

ABF
images
lost money

all in the name of servicing customers..like 'who's the lucky biggest loser gonna be?

YRC
images
lost money​

images

If I am not mistaken, wouldn't it be 10 years from this year's Memorial Weekend, when CF folded at $ 0.42 a share? Does YRC have enough non-union drivers in place? If not, I'm sure YRC can draw plenty of them out of 309, well the original half anyway.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80019.msg831277#msg831277 date=1274315995]
YRC shouldn't be using cheap/old technology to run a billion dollar business, that is twice the size than it was before. If YRC is getting loan approvals from banks, doesn't anyone else think YRC should be using a better and a more updated technology/software system that can adapt to the newer and more advanced global economy?Try working out of 309, if someone really wants to know what Hell is really like. I believe people would have adapted better with the concessions taking place with a more professional management, like we once had in 301/CGB . 301 Management wasn't perfect, but they at least treated people with professional courtesy, allow drivers to slide or have a safety slide, give time off or give vacation when needed, and more reasonable people to talk too if there was ever a problem. Nobody ever needed any special permission granted from someone to live their own lives. There was no reason for anyone to be treated like a piece of ::shit::, like how the other management treats people at YRC/309 now. The surviving management for YRC/309 doesn't have enough common sense to realize that nobody likes working for an @$$-hole, neither. If the from 309 would treat people with a lot more respect than what their giving people, their would be a lot less problems to be dealing with, from both sides of the work force. ccording to the surviving management out of 309, if there is something to easy to solve, operate, or if there is something that happens that makes sense, there has got to be be something wrong. The current YRC/309 management are operating the company, like a chicken with it's head cut off. I'm sure if the current surviving YRC/309 Management's (family parents) realized how stupid their off-spring really were, they would have been traded in for a family-pet monkey, years ago. :biglaugh:Another words, the ::shit::-birds from the 309 Management lacks people skills. Maybe that is why they have a hard time dealing with Teamsters, because they have no trouble dealing with their own, original, .............Ah, never mind, it is pretty obvious what the others are. :biglaugh: content edited Vwagss[color][/quote]

First, responded to prior edited content Vwaggs

Second, The reason we have the Roadway computer system is because Roadway was smart enough to buy that system....... Not lease the system like Yellow did.......

Third, If you have ever went anywhere else in the country, You will find there are good managers and bad, That goes for any company, Not just Yellow And Roadway......... I thought we had some good managers at 681/Charlotte, Roadway terminal........ Now I'm over at the old Yellow Terminal 653....... When I first went over there I thought a bunch of the Yellow managers were ok but some others didn't have a clue on what they were doing. I went over before the 2 terminals in Charlotte were combined,So I got to work with all Yellow Managers for a good 3 months.......... Sorry I see no difference between them and the managers at any other trucking company's......... Some are better then others as with any job....

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80019.msg831305#msg831305 date=1274322315]
If I am not mistaken, wouldn't it be 10 years from this year's Memorial Weekend, when CF folded at $ 0.42 a share? Does YRC have enough non-union drivers in place? If not, I'm sure YRC can draw plenty of them out of 309, well the original half anyway.
[/quote]

Consolidated Freightways closed on Labor Day 2002............

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80019.msg831286#msg831286 date=1274317933]
Calm down, the patient was close to death
surgicalmask_0.jpg
[/quote]Close to death,it is STILL on life support!!!

Metalmikex, that system is for a smaller trucking company, not for a multi-billion dollar company like YRC. If a company is going to survive in the economy today, a company has to keep up with the technology. The system that *******/YRC has, cannot compete with the other trucking companies that have the intermodal services.

First important thing is to have enough qualified and properly trained labor force to perform the everyday work.

Second, a company needs to have the up-dated technology/software and equipment to keep up with the type of economy that is increasingly changing everyday. In return, it will help a company grow and expand their business into becoming more profitable. A company has to spend money to make the money, which all comes from Capital. Being able to minimize their spending to make a larger profit in return. That is YRC's KPI, which they have been failing to provide for themselves and the employees. YRC can only :bs: for so long.

Third, acquire a management that have people skills, and who are accurate and efficient on making tough decisions for the employees and the business. Treat others with respect, and have professional courtesy no matter what position a person works. <<<<The 309/YRC Management may want to give that a try for once. Nobody enjoys working for an ******, but goals are accomplished with teamwork, and those who have common courtesy for others in every situation.

It would be nice if YRC could attempt on any of those steps in their so-called restructuring. Has there been a safety meeting on any of the goals that, yet? Only inexperienced management writes letters on their employees. Leadership is established within, not without.

Language

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80019.msg831341#msg831341 date=1274328055]
Metalmikex, that system is for a smaller trucking company, ....<<<<The 309/YRC Management .....
[/quote]
4211363232_d9ae0427fe_o.gif

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Try a new line of posting this is the YRC forum not the Noodle hates 309 forum !

Is that the ******* reflex? What is left to give, when there isn't anything left to offer? The wallet will only get thinner from now on. I'm sure $ Bill appreciates his donations so far. I'm sure glad it isn't my money on the line, anymore. Time to pay the Bill, to the $ Bill that is. :biglaugh:

To YRC 222 If you read my thread it was only about Chicago Heights / Saulk Village 309 not your terminal 881, I don't know where thats at nor do I care . I would like to hear from the employees from 309 have to say :chairshot:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the year--2020​
business-people-celebrate-success-on-chart-thumb6393421.jpg

The YRC Chart

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80019.msg831359#msg831359 date=1274339954]
To YRC 222 If you read my thread it was only about Chicago Heights / Saulk Village 309 not your terminal 881, I don't know where thats at nor do I care . I would like to hear from the employees from 309 have to say :chairshot:
[/quote].................Like I have said b4.........Work Safe and Smart and you will be respected @ 309..........nuff said....... :chairshot: :thumbsup:

[quote author=electraglideatl link=topic=80019.msg831401#msg831401 date=1274363147]
[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80019.msg831359#msg831359 date=1274339954]
[/quote].................Like I have said b4.........Work Safe and Smart and you will be respected @ 309..........nuff said....... :chairshot: :thumbsup:
[/quote] :biglaugh: "USE THE FORCE, LUKE", "LET GO, LUKE", "LUKE, TRUST ME."