FedEx Freight | YRC/Dallas Meeting

Look at the money UPS and UPS Freight pays and they still made over 1 billion in profit. YRC just needs too run a tighter ship... Union rules aren't killing YRC its the hole in there ship....

Your mixing apples with oranges! UPS gets most of their profits from package. Freight is just a pimple on their *** as far as earnings go!

I think you are helping his point driver. Package is Union too.

I know they are. Besides Fedex and Ups who else in the world moves the amount of small packages that they do.Their profits per quarter is about equal to YRC's total debt.The ltl industry is to cut throat and there's to many outfits fighting for the same slice of pie.(over capacity). That's what I meant by mixing apples with oranges.Two different animals!

It's been good for me,despite the current challenges our companies face. I work hard,show up on time, and take care of the customers as do most of my brothers and sisters in the Teamsters. There's a lot of pride at these companies,and in particular at Holland. We are unbeatable in our market area,with very few claims and superb on time performance. We have given not only our company, but YRCW significant concessions since 2010. Despite the concessions,we still have a good job,a livable wage, and excellent healthcare benefits. As you are well aware, the spending spree that the former YRCW management went on ( buying companies with borrowed money) has brought us to this point. We have given the companies a lot more flexibilty,with work rules, etc. and renewed sacrifice. The Teamsters had no say so in the way these companies spend their ( or investors) money. But the employees (union and non-union) are now and have been paying for it. We can point fingers until the cows come home, but at the end of the day, we're all out moving freight and making a decent living.....union and non-union

My brother is union and will be well taken care of....your right.. we all know who the week link of the union is. Not what it used to be.
Why do you say "the " union as if it is the only one . I think you mean "the" Teamsters. Many of my family members are union members and are extremely happy to be so. They make a good livable wage, enjoy enviable benefits and retirement packages. In addition, the companies they work for are very stable and profitable. Just because the Teamsters are historically the union of choice for transportation, doesn't mean they are the only one. The pilots at Fedex are members of an "association" but I would argue that it operates much the same as a union and they are better off for it.

Food for thought. I really don't have a dog in the fight and won't take a position either way anymore.

UPS and UPSF make money because they do run a tight ship. And what do FxF drivers complain about all day long? "They expect me to do my job". That's the nuts and bolts. Go do your damn job. Quit whining about how someone else should hook your set, or drive your truck. Quit whining when one of your co-workers totals a set driving too fast in the rain. His bad. He's gone. "NO! it's the lack of anti-bacterial soap on the tires that caused him to wipe out!" <<<Sarcasm there...Our industry faces issues far bigger than anti-bacterial soap. Grow up folks. The union isn't an answer.

We need to get congress to get real about the health issues caused by driving a truck, and the lowered life expectancy we have. We need to fix the pension issues, and educate folks about the importance of saving for retirement via every means possible, including paying off your mortgage.

Or so thinks ST.

The union isn't an answer. We need to get congress to get real about the health issues caused by driving a truck, and the lowered life expectancy we have..

Doesn't the Union lobby congress and in turn represent us by doing so? That is why they support certain political parties over others correct?

Doesn't the Union lobby congress and in turn represent us by doing so? That is why they support certain political parties over others correct?

Actually, that's one of several reasons I don't work a union job. Look at the outstanding job Hoffa is doing with going to congress so he can slash pension payments to existing retiree's and cap future retiree's at $1,200 a month. Wow, great reason to pay dues, so you can get that $1,200 after 30+ years....

ST, firm believer in 401 k's.

Not all of us had 30 yrs and big runs when they went to the PPA.
RC will get a whopping $722 per mo

So you'll get roughly what the average Teamster will get after Hoffa is done...congrats...put on the thong and dance on the table boy toy. The cougars will stuff your arse full of $20 bills....

ST

I think Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh put too much crap in peoples heads these days. You have to realize these types of people have an agenda. I listen to Limbaugh from time to time, but only to get a good laugh. I like a good debate but I also like facts.