Yellow | Yrc Freight / Holland Northern Michigan Coo 2019

The way I'm reading it, looks to be operating two companies under one roof. But the displaced drivers will have the opportunity to switch companies (YRCF To Holland). But won't know for sure until after the meeting....

DHppQcv.jpg

:crybaby:

The way I'm reading it, looks to be operating two companies under one roof. But the displaced drivers will have the opportunity to switch companies (YRCF To Holland). But won't know for sure until after the meeting....
Move and merge are two different animals. Move you would just be moving to another terminal. Merge is when you close terminals and consolidate them into one terminal.

What did people think Darren Hawkins was talking about when he said that the operating companies would be consolidated in service areas where there was low freight density????
Actually, any terminal with less than probably 10-15 full time p and d drivers should have been absorbed into a larger facility long before now. Servicing small terminals nightly with linehaul costs being a large part of operating any terminal,is a savings for the company. And yes, I have been involved with small terminals closing and having to commute longer distance to work.

Actually, any terminal with less than probably 10-15 full time p and d drivers should have been absorbed into a larger facility long before now. Servicing small terminals nightly with linehaul costs being a large part of operating any terminal,is a savings for the company. And yes, I have been involved with small terminals closing and having to commute longer distance to work.

As in taking a set with overnight pay?

Banks & Stock share holders ,maybe getting tried of them not showing a profit and wanting changes ASAP ??

What did people think Darren Hawkins was talking about when he said that the operating companies would be consolidated in service areas where there was low freight density????
The thing is, when they merged Roadway and Yellow they put 2 companies that had the same operational model ( long haul) together. What they are doing here ,is basically giving up their long haul footprint and making the employees of YRC freight employees of Holland. At least with the Yellow / Roadway debacle ,the customers were still being offered a long haul carrier. The customers were completely confused by that merger, does anyone really think that this deal will be communicated effectively and clearly with the YRC customers, who are basically losing a long haul option?

The thing is, when they merged Roadway and Yellow they put 2 companies that had the same operational model ( long haul) together. What they are doing here ,is basically giving up their long haul footprint and making the employees of YRC freight employees of Holland. At least with the Yellow / Roadway debacle ,the customers were still being offered a long haul carrier. The customers were completely confused by that merger, does anyone really think that this deal will be communicated effectively and clearly with the YRC customers, who are basically losing a long haul option?
How do you see them giving up long haul? They ,(yrc)tried before with the velocity fiasco. Thinking they could compete with XPO, and FedEx.

How do you see them giving up long haul? They ,(yrc)tried before with the velocity fiasco. Thinking they could compete with XPO, and FedEx.
The coo does say they are closing 2 yrc freight terminals. The coo says that they will be using the Holland work rules. I guess operationally they will still operate as 2 separate entities . I guess operationally the freight will be divided long haul / short haul? But then we're is the synergie savings that they speak of? Alot of questions, which they will be hard pressed to answer

Holland picks up freight for new penn.... so what is the difference if they pick up for yrc and take it to the closest terminal?

Just a thought.

As I see it one truck/one driver picks up both long haul and short haul freight any freight that fits the Holland system will move in the Holland system, any longer run freight will run in the YRCF system.
However it seems to me that somewhere down the line there will be freight that use to be in the YRCF break bulk system no longer there.
Question is as this moves farther out to the east where there NP terminal areas that overlap several different YRCF terminals there may be some issues. Keep in mine we have already combined sales forces and customer service so they are already playing with the mix of who gets what