Yellow | YRC has closed its Chicago Ridge terminal and sold the property, according to the IBT

Trucking giant YRC has closed its Chicago Ridge terminal and sold the property, according to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, ...

can anybody find anymore on this?

I would hope the mayor will be looking for a job after the next election. ( Maybe they vote to get it right their too) Nice comment about the 35 jobs lost mayor

I would hope the mayor will be looking for a job after the next election. ( Maybe they vote to get it right their too) Nice comment about the 35 jobs lost mayor
Thats what I was thinking! Job loss good for the area? Huh?

rumor

Rumor was UPS bought it for 44 million, but backed out at the last minute because of environmental problems. Rumor is it is built on a dump and has alot of gas and oil spills. It is 2 Terminals on 50 acres in a great central location for Trucking/warehouse operations.

Thats what I was thinking! Job loss good for the area? Huh?
I think the city has been wanting to rezone that area as commercial for a long time. Its like everywhere else in life. People don't realize how reliant they are on trucks to bring them their ::shit::. They just like to ***** about em

Rumor was UPS bought it for 44 million, but backed out at the last minute because of environmental problems. Rumor is it is built on a dump and has alot of gas and oil spills. It is 2 Terminals on 50 acres in a great central location for Trucking/warehouse operations.

Clean up could mount to millions...

Told that they are unable to sell land because the ground is so contaminated and would cost too much to clean up to meet epa standards and also heard that they are considering bringing freight back to the ridge when market turns around.

More like sell the heights and move back to what they can't sell:joke:

I think they should sell the Heights too. 309 looks more like the active Joliet, IL Prison. The only thing 309 is missing, is the sniper guards on the roof. People didn't treat other people like a prisoner like they do at 309. Plus 301 had a bigger shop to repair the equipment, fuel the trucks, parking lot. Didn't have to walk a mile from the linehaul office to the ready lines. 301 also was an easier access for people that live all over the Chicago land area. All the 309 management live in Indiana, they didn't want to do the travel like everyone else. 301 also had the bars, resturaunts, and stores. People don't have to drive through all the bad, ::shit::, neighborhoods that 309 is surrounded by. Well it is not that bad, just don't stop for any of the red lights on US 30. Otherwise, if someone does stop at the red lights. The driver may have to be ready to pay a toll to the local gang-leaders/Obama Nation, standing on the street corner.

probably like most trucking terminals where they washed out trailers in the yard with whatever cleanups they had.

The problem could be the UST (Underground Storage Tanks). Tanks for diesel and motor oil, etc could have leaked over the years, thus contaminating the soil.

Memo

MEMO

To: YRCW hazmat Division

Subject : Clean up of the Chicago Ridge Terminal

Dear Sirs we at Hazmat International have conclude are investigation of your terminal and the following HAZARD'S SUBSTANCES have been found in mass amount on your property .

1. Amount over 100 parts per 1000 of Hi-Karate cologne this is a volition of federal standards !
2 Amount over 200 parts per 1000 of Brylcreem this is a volition of federal standards !
3 Amount over 500 parts per 1000 of Old Spice aftershave this is a volition of federal standards !
4 Amount over 900 parts per 1000 of Estrogen this is a volition of federal standards and just plain weird !

We found most of these HAZARD'S SUBSTANCES to be mainly around the break rooms , bathrooms , dispatch windows , ready and drop line . Please advise our company as soon as possible if you wish us to clean this property our estimate for clean up is 10 Million dollars and 17 cents .

rumored bought by home depot. 2 terminals were yellow and neidert frt. i dont know why ups would even think about it with the operation they have just up the road in willow springs.

UPS at willow springs is 950thousand sq ft and most of the building has sortting conveyers throught the building. not much room as i remember to break shiments.

They weren't big on wasing anything out . The only washen the trailers got is when one had a hole in the roof . If a broom can't do it O well .

They weren't big on wasing anything out . The only washen the trailers got is when one had a hole in the roof . If a broom can't do it O well .

That's why the Tracy loads were my favorite......where else can you drive a set threw an automatic truck wash! Ah, the good ole days................(sigh)