Yellow | YRC Hauls A Full Load Of Uncertainty

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
This story has quotes from TruckingBoard posters....even yours truly....who says the media does not read truckingboards?...When You want To know Wants Going On....KK

YRC hauls a full load of uncertainty - KansasCity.com

"One thing appears certain. National Teamsters leaders have emphasized there will be no opportunity to return to the bargaining table if this pact is rejected. A local union officer in the South agreed in a letter to membership."

“If this is voted down, there will be no Plan B; there will be no army of labor agencies to come and rescue us all,” wrote Jimi Richards, secretary-treasurer of Teamsters Local 728 in Atlanta. “The government will not help us. We are on our own to determine our fates.”

Read more: YRC hauls a full load of uncertainty - KansasCity.com

like a loan

initially i thought that the company was jerking us. when i read the info. i changed my mind. if the co. does make profit then( assuming vote of yes is given) we should immediately and not have to wait for any time limit be given our concessions back .
what the company is asking is not much. they already took 15% which is huge; but most importantly many other places don't give us what we already have. once the co. is up we get what is ours back kinda like a loan

initially i thought that the company was jerking us. when i read the info. i changed my mind. if the co. does make profit then( assuming vote of yes is given) we should immediately and not have to wait for any time limit be given our concessions back .
what the company is asking is not much. they already took 15% which is huge; but most importantly many other places don't give us what we already have. once the co. is up we get what is ours back kinda like a loan

I never post on the YRC side of things not that I am anti YRC but just a different community. But I do pose a question slide on over to the Conway board and ask them if they are getting back the pay that was taken from them? The guy I am friends with that works for Conway asked a regional mgr about getting back what was taken away he said NO not in the forseeable future!

One thing appears certain. National Teamsters leaders have emphasized there will be no opportunity to return to the bargaining table if this pact is rejected. A local union officer in the South agreed in a letter to membership.

Despite the dire predictions if the concessions are rejected, transportation analyst Jindel seemed to agree that the vote this go-round by the YRC workers is not a slam dunk.

“Trying to predict what the union’s rank and file will do is like trying to forecast what the weather will be,” he said.

The Teamsters’ own financial consultants said a vote against the concessions most likely would lead to YRC’s lenders not extending a credit facility that currently runs through the end of October, said John Moses, managing director of MergeGlobal, a consultant to the union. $200,000,000

“Without these concessions, the company currently is not on a sustainable path,” said Moses, predicting that YRC would have to close in the current quarter or early next year

good luck with that dream. you will never see that money back . you will never be to the rate you were even 2 years ago.
they will most certainly be back for more iIF this gets a yes vote and no i cant see them even paying the 25% into the pension .

good luck with that dream. you will never see that money back . you will never be to the rate you were even 2 years ago.
they will most certainly be back for more iIF this gets a yes vote and no i cant see them even paying the 25% into the pension .

Longblade,You`re exactly right. YRCW found that they can get what they want from the teamster members workng there,it seems they also have the IBT carrying water for them. I never thought I`d see anything like this from the most powerful union in the country.

But I do pose a question slide on over to the Conway board and ask them if they are getting back the pay that was taken from them? The guy I am friends with that works for Conway asked a regional mgr about getting back what was taken away he said NO not in the forseeable future!
We were told at the first of the year we were getting our 2.5% back.

This story has quotes from TruckingBoard posters....even yours truly....who says the media does not read truckingboards?...When You want To know Wants Going On....KK

YRC hauls a full load of uncertainty - KansasCity.com

"One thing appears certain. National Teamsters leaders have emphasized there will be no opportunity to return to the bargaining table if this pact is rejected. A local union officer in the South agreed in a letter to membership."

“If this is voted down, there will be no Plan B; there will be no army of labor agencies to come and rescue us all,” wrote Jimi Richards, secretary-treasurer of Teamsters Local 728 in Atlanta. “The government will not help us. We are on our own to determine our fates.”

Read more: YRC hauls a full load of uncertainty - KansasCity.com

OK this is not a slam on TB. I find it uncomfortable that the KC Star is using a message board for research. Yes, Jeff does an excellent job getting us breaking news faster than we get it from the company or union, but otherwise I come here to read other's OPINIONS. I go to places like KC Star for FACTS. To gauge sentiment of 20,000 - 30,000 workers based on the microscopic percentage of those workers who read/post here seems lazy and inaccurate.

OK this is not a slam on TB. I find it uncomfortable that the KC Star is using a message board for research. Yes, Jeff does an excellent job getting us breaking news faster than we get it from the company or union, but otherwise I come here to read other's OPINIONS. I go to places like KC Star for FACTS. To gauge sentiment of 20,000 - 30,000 workers based on the microscopic percentage of those workers who read/post here seems lazy and inaccurate.

Couldn't agree with YOU MORE!!! Thanks For Your POST!!!

Anyone that thinks that any YRCW employees will ever get any of our lost wages back in the future is way, way, way, out there.:regretful:

It says that 37,000 ballots were sent out to active and furloughed employees. Last time I heard there was like 18 ,000 teamsters still working at YRC. 37,000 - 18,000= 19,000 more teamsters on layoff than those still working!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
and more to come when they finish up all the COO'S they want and need so badly.
if your area .mostly west coast hasnt enjoyed 1 yet hold on tight .3 term.combined into 1 1/3 go right to hard lay off half of the rest are layed off but can just about work when ever they want .other 3rd have bids and endless o/t if you need it .the selling of your house and moving is a whole other side of it .

yrc is run by cheats liars and bs artists cant trust em and hate em in fact .voted no and hope they all perrish in hell.
Your Christianity is heartwarming! When are you going to realize that the people running YRCW will NOT be as adversely affected as the thousands of Teamsters AND non-union staff. And for the record they will perish BEFORE they arrive in hell but hell is for eternity. I voted an emphatic YES guess I cancel YOU!

Agree my terminal voted yes after discussions. Yea we hate it but I and shall I say we HATE IT! I am a ROADWAY at heart always will be! If it ends so be it, Yellow destroyed more lives than they could ever recoup I woun't even list the co's, now at least they will destroy themselves and sadly MASTER FREIGHT and many PENSION FUNDS.