Yellow | Yrc,holland,new Penn Contract Update Conference Call Live Stream

In 09, I grilled Paffenroth and Camnack. The conversation was similar. “We got everything we could and maintained healthcare.”

I believe their interpretation of the numbers. There’s only so much meat on the bone.

Many of our new hires are well satisfied with the present package and healthcare plan. I get it.

My frustration is, what is the legacy we leave.

I have voted no many times. I have abstained once.

I am beside myself because the pension was not addressed.

This will be my focus at our meeting on Saturday.

The pension dilemma is horrific here in Central States.I have all but given up on it. Im glad yours in the Western conference still bares fruit.

As far as our legacy goes Elwood, I think we can be proud of what we did for the LTL industry.We know why the non union truck lines pay what they do and so do they.

The pension issue should have been addressed 20 years ago.
We understand why it wasn’t.
No one would have voted leadership back in that did the right thing and made the necessary cuts to keep it sustainable.

Part of the blame falls on the stubbornness of the Union leadership for watching union line after union line fall knowing the health and welfare contributions were keeping them from competing.

Part of it falls on the arrogance and ignorance of the rank and file not willing to make the necessary sacrifices until the point of near extinction.
Even now some would see us completely extinct rather than make the necessary sacrifices to keep us on a breathing machine.

That’s the part of the legacy I’m concerned about..looking like a bunch of ignorant jack asses that destroyed very good jobs.

The pension dilemma is horrific here in Central States.I have all but given up on it. Im glad yours in the Western conference still bares fruit.

As far as our legacy goes Elwood, I think we can be proud of what we did for the LTL industry.We know why the non union truck lines pay what they do and so do they.

No one would have voted leadership back in that did the right thing and made the necessary cuts to keep it sustainable.

Part of the blame falls on the stubbornness of the Union leadership for watching union line after union line fall knowing the health and welfare contributions were keeping them from competing.

Part of it falls on the arrogance and ignorance of the rank and file not willing to make the necessary sacrifices until the point of near extinction.
Even now some would see us completely extinct rather than make the necessary sacrifices to keep us on a breathing machine.

That’s the part of the legacy I’m concerned about..looking like a bunch of ignorant jack asses that destroyed very good jobs.
A substantial part of the blame on the CSPF losses also goes to the government, way back in the late 80’s,for giving control of the fund to Wall Street who made bad investment decisions using pension money,but still always collected their fees.

A substantial part of the blame on the CSPF losses also goes to the government, way back in the late 80’s,for giving control of the fund to Wall Street who made bad investment decisions using pension money,but still always collected their fees.

And a government loan is it's only chance of survival .
I've said many times that their meddling
(20 and out) caused a lot of the problems .
But just think of the absurdity of making other companies pay for those that failed.
All it i did was make hundreds more fail until we were the last dinosaurs standing and about to fail too.

And a government loan is it's only chance of survival .
I've said many times that their meddling
(20 and out) caused a lot of the problems .
But just think of the absurdity of making other companies pay for those that failed.
All it i did was make hundreds more fail until we were the last dinosaurs standing and about to fail too.
1999 repeal of glass-stiegal act messed it up protecting pension funds from buying junk bonds and stock was removed by not having to disclose the danger of the garbage stock like sub prime bundles investments
Is there anything online about the Supplements?
YES.
https://teamster.org/divisions/frei...2XvGnJ7-mjK22-DEm1DTCRP9aanhbEMMBF8-5_5-G4uAQ

:1904:
8% every year for 5 years in addition to the 25% now...thats a total of up to 65% when contract ends.. who makes these plans need their pension screwed with..
Is this 8% of the original amount or 8% of the 25%??? Anyone know or are we all just guessing?? When Ernie says real dollars does that means an additional 8% compound year-over-year of the $342 ABF pays or 8% of $84 YRC pays?

The carrot should be pension restoration, period..
Why not, Full pay into the pension
No raise
No vacation back, as a matter of fact take another week and put it into the pension
Stop overtime pay in salary and deposit all overtime funds into the pension
Bet another billion dollar loan and put it into the pension
Talk to the pension
Eat with the pension
Pray to the pension before you go to sleep
And while you sleep
Dream about 50,000 paying in and 200,000 collecting so when you wake up you can realize it's still going broke

No decency to get rid of the 9 hour bids.....biggest rippoff I ever heard of.
Yet they want it to continue....They NEED that? BULLSHIT!
This business sucks. The whole industry sucks...time to move on. The whole nations economic mentality sucks.
Welfare looks better than working more and more every day.
https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/e04-east-centralpaagreement_2019-2024.pdf

Maybe everybody else can go to work and pay me to sit home...because work really doesn't pay to much for what it's cracked up to be. A ripoff scam at every turn. We're always expected to do more for less yet pay more for less when it comes to us paying anything. The real strike vote is at the welfare office...they know the stupidity of working for a living. Get to work to an unloaded trailer..no money for inbound loaders...get in the truck, the fuel tank is empty...fuel it....set up the run because it never makes sense as set, call every other customer to make sure somebody will be there to sign, unload most with liftgate, no docks, no forklifts, no recievers, home deliveries, no level surfaces, leave freight with no help because they went home..unload yourself again. Pickup freight with no shippers on lifts..load with jack.....they go home and we work all shifts....the whole world goes home at set times...yet we must hurry and work with no set times........and everybody just accepts it...stupid industry....never asking for more for the guy doing it...always asking him to do it all and more for less......while they have set schedules and more money in their pockets........Job title: ******-to-the world. ( the "N' word)

Last edited:
Is this 8% of the original amount or 8% of the 25%??? Anyone know or are we all just guessing?? When Ernie says real dollars does that means an additional 8% compound year-over-year of the $342 ABF pays or 8% of $84 YRC pays?

wD8MCYt.jpg

wD8MCYt.jpg

No decency to get rid of the 9 hour bids.....biggest rippoff I ever heard of.
Yet they want it to continue....They NEED that? :horseshit:!
This business sucks. The whole industry sucks...time to move on. The whole nations economic mentality sucks.
Welfare looks better than working more and more every day.
https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/e04-east-centralpaagreement_2019-2024.pdf

Maybe everybody else can go to work and pay me to sit home...because work really doesn't pay to much for what it's cracked up to be. A ripoff scam at every turn. We're always expected to do more for less yet pay more for less when it comes to us paying anything. The real strike vote is at the welfare office...they know the stupidity of working for a living. Get to work to an unloaded trailer..no money for inbound loaders...get in the truck, the fuel tank is empty...fuel it....set up the run because it never makes sense as set, call every other customer to make sure somebody will be there to sign, unload most with liftgate, no docks, no forklifts, no recievers, home deliveries, no level surfaces, leave freight with no help because they went home..unload yourself again. Pickup freight with no shippers on lifts..load with jack.....they go home and we work all shifts....the whole world goes home at set times...yet we must hurry and work with no set times........and everybody just accepts it...stupid industry....never asking for more for the guy doing it...always asking him to do it all and more for less......while they have set schedules and more money in their pockets........Job title: :censored:-to-the world. ( the "N' word)
I couldnt have said it better my friend! Try Linehaul, its a little better BUT you miss out on your children growing.
I did, just because of the pension. Now look at me and look at the fund.. kids barely know me and the fund broke and barely hangin on .
REALITY CHECK TIME EVERYBODY:2437:

I couldnt have said it better my friend! Try Linehaul, its a little better BUT you miss out on your children growing.
I did, just because of the pension. Now look at me and look at the fund.. kids barely know me and the fund broke and barely hangin on .
REALITY CHECK TIME EVERYBODY:2437:
And theres the great exchange......if you want real money.....sacrifice even more.....sleep when everybody's awake and work while everyone sleeps...................maybe an extra hundred grand/year would make it worth it......not one dollar raises.

My kids are 33 and 42. I'm just really getting to know them. Their mother raised them. I was working nights 28 of the 31 years. I did what I could. Took midnight to make ballgames and such. It wasn't enough.
It doesn't matter where you work. My kids kids are in a similar position. Their dads are in different fields. But the jobs we have now require us (them) to work from light to dark. Both my sons do this. And try to get time with the kids. I get more time with their kids than I did my own. That's not a complaint.
I've thought before working the dock was bad all these years. But I thought as the drivers come in after being hung out to dry that I wouldn't want that either.
There is no middle ground in LTL. Unless your a clerk that works days. They never seemed that happy either.

My kids are 33 and 42. I'm just really getting to know them. Their mother raised them. I was working nights 28 of the 31 years. I did what I could. Took midnight to make ballgames and such. It wasn't enough.
It doesn't matter where you work. My kids kids are in a similar position. Their dads are in different fields. But the jobs we have now require us (them) to work from light to dark. Both my sons do this. And try to get time with the kids. I get more time with their kids than I did my own. That's not a complaint.
I've thought before working the dock was bad all these years. But I thought as the drivers come in after being hung out to dry that I wouldn't want that either.
There is no middle ground in LTL. Unless your a clerk that works days. They never seemed that happy either.
It's the whole national mentality which sucks...........when things got 'civil' with the unions and the companies.......it only became 'civil' for one side.........the civil ways aren't really working. They have no fear. Fear is great motivator.....keep taking and taking and taking....and call it civil.....no risk...just gain.. Not inciting riots...just saying that it went better for our side historically. Seems to be fact.

The beneficiaries of these civil ways are not anybody we have contact with....they live much higher above contact with us...therefore any incivility at our workplaces would be futile...and waste....meaning don't do it...

Last edited:
So...while I'm perturbed that you guys didn't get the pension addressed, and I haven't read through the contract fully yet...you guys got quite a bit of money back. Double ABF's raises, and actually on par with what UPS got in the latest contract.

It's progress. It's not going to be overnight, but it's progress.

Wow, so it takes us another 5 years to return to 2008 wages! That's progress?

So what are the required annual increases to Central States, for example. The actual dollar amount, or are there any. Are they frozen as of 2009? 8% of $1.50/hr x 2080 hrs? This article has me confused, needing clarification.
yeah me too thats what they had in their PDF file for our tentative agreement.. beats me

Zollars's dream to be become a player like a FEDEX or UPS went down in flames.
**** 'fuzzy" zollars! May he die a slow, painful death! And may Hoffa be in the next room doing the same ****in thing!