Yellow | Yrc Hr

PlanB

TB Lurker
Credits
Out of the blue I get a text from a YRC recruiter about a hiring fair. Hadn't looked at them since my CDL was new and hungry, no open apps with them for a while.

I text back about not being interested in that location, they suggest another one that has an opening.

Then I start asking questions, and it turns into mining work, like with a pick-axe and shovel.

Asked how much it pays, what the hours are, what's happening with the benefits and pension fund, etc.

Stuff drivers, not to mention any potential employees, would want to know.

Every question has to be asked a couple of times, half aren't answered.

If a company is going to recruit people, they can't hide stuff forever. And hiding stuff sort of multiplies the dishonest failure reek.

Especially in a location where any decent job gets taken immediately, yet this one stays open.

It's funny how corporate reputations come around to bite keisters, saw a Craigslist ad the other day, generic truck in the ad, and I thought "this has got to be one of the megas trying to lure people in", the link went to Schneider (ahhhh, no! Crosses themselves and clicks Back button)

I wonder if the recruiter is a contractor or a yrc employee. There's no way a yrc employee could pull off being excited about our future or show anything but contempt for anyone on our side of the fence. That would be academy award level acting. Must be someone like the photogenic actors waving on the backs of our trailers.

YRC is still one of the best the jobs you can get out of driving school come to YRC! Sleeping in a hotel or coming home everyday is better than sleeping in a truck looking for a place to park everyday even if you are at a location with team runs they still get you home once a week.

veEQ0S3.jpg

I wonder if the recruiter is a contractor or a yrc employee. There's no way a yrc employee could pull off being excited about our future or show anything but contempt for anyone on our side of the fence. That would be academy award level acting. Must be someone like the photogenic actors waving on the backs of our trailers.

cuqxxtx.jpg

On the good side, your checks don't bounce.