Yellow | Yrc Hr

08FZQ0M.jpg

Will they hire this guy, partner?
Yeah, he would do good in the dock to ditch driver program and if they got a heartbeat & can say twuck drivver they are hired !

Out of the blue I get a text from a YRC recruiter about a hiring fair. Hadn't looked at them since my CDL was new and hungry, no open apps with them for a while.

I text back about not being interested in that location, they suggest another one that has an opening.

Then I start asking questions, and it turns into mining work, like with a pick-axe and shovel.

Asked how much it pays, what the hours are, what's happening with the benefits and pension fund, etc.

Stuff drivers, not to mention any potential employees, would want to know.

Every question has to be asked a couple of times, half aren't answered.

If a company is going to recruit people, they can't hide stuff forever. And hiding stuff sort of multiplies the dishonest failure reek.

Especially in a location where any decent job gets taken immediately, yet this one stays open.

It's funny how corporate reputations come around to bite keisters, saw a Craigslist ad the other day, generic truck in the ad, and I thought "this has got to be one of the megas trying to lure people in", the link went to Schneider (ahhhh, no! Crosses themselves and clicks Back button)
Why drive a truck when you can go to amazon for for $18 an hour to start and be home everyday?
Why work the dock as a casual for $11.90 when McDonald's will pay $15? And there's no freezing your ass off in the winter!
What I don't understand is why ALL the trucking companies (LTL & Truckload) can't get it through their heard that nobody want to live in a truck anymore. And the ONLY way your gonna get drivers is to do what UPS is doing. PAY YOUR PEOPLE!
Some tightwads think that they can keep the pay low and keep hiring People with green cards right off the boat.
(no disrespect intended, It's just the hard facts) Sorry but that only works for so long!

Why drive a truck when you can go to amazon for for $18 an hour to start and be home everyday?
Why work the dock as a casual for $11.90 when McDonald's will pay $15? And there's no freezing your ass off in the winter!
What I don't understand is why ALL the trucking companies (LTL & Truckload) can't get it through their heard that nobody want to live in a truck anymore. And the ONLY way your gonna get drivers is to do what UPS is doing. PAY YOUR PEOPLE!
Some tightwads think that they can keep the pay low and keep hiring People with green cards right off the boat.
(no disrespect intended, It's just the hard facts) Sorry but that only works for so long!

Problem is pricing, too many carriers (hum) have very low wages thus cut throat pricing. Competitors must price accordingly to these low wage, unsafe vehicle operating carriers. Many even have filthy unsafe terminals and are delinquent on paying healthcare & insurance...
But you are correct.. we need to increase wages..

I was after the (Prestige)

Agreed. But people get paid, with (hopefully) benefits, what they will settle for.

I don't know Mud. Ever have one of these gas jobs cough and spit and hesitate when you tried to accelerate? :smile new:

5Xu9jh8.jpg

But at least the pay was great...

Vzi1f8t.jpg
When I joined the Teamsters Union in 1974 the hourly pay was $6.49 per hour. Roadway ABQ. had a gas
powered straight truck with a chain cargo door that would hesitate when applying the brakes.

When I joined the Teamsters Union in 1974 the hourly pay was $6.49 per hour. Roadway ABQ. had a gas
powered straight truck with a chain cargo door that would hesitate when applying the brakes.
Inflation Calculator
The Changing Value of a Dollar
Amount
$
From
To

$36.10
Adjusted for inflation, $6.49 in 1974 is equal to $36.10 in 2020.
Annual inflation over this period was 3.80%.

https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/

:poster oops: