Yellow | YRC,Inc. Daily Bill Count"

.(Bill count doesn't show volume.) I have been told on here for saying that same thing;that I Don't have a clue.

Thanks for the validation wild thing.

OK............I'm going to explain why the daily bill count is so important..........The company uses this number to determine how many people they will need to work the freight. So, if a terminal has a goal of 3 bills per hour and there are 10 people working the dock that would mean they are expected to process 30 bills per hour, 240 per 8 hours and so on. They then use the mythical, "Load Factor" as a goal to predict revenue per shipment, per truck load, which we all know is stupid when all they have to do is calculate the actual revenue on the trailer. Plus, it never factors in the cost of running empties. So, in a nut shell, higher bill count, more people work. Lower bill count, people get lay off letters.

not starting a fire here but a bill count won't be the same for everyone one the dock. There are those loads you won't have to get off the lift and can run a high bill count for that shift and then there are those loads where you'll have to finger print most of the freight.

Just real talk here been there done that, sort a pup full of rugs yeah its a long night alright, tell the supervisor act like I don't exist today:biglaugh:

not starting a fire here but a bill count won't be the same for everyone one the dock. There are those loads you won't have to get off the lift and can run a high bill count for that shift and then there are those loads where you'll have to finger print most of the freight.

Just real talk here been there done that, sort a pup full of rugs yeah its a long night alright, tell the supervisor act like I don't exist today:biglaugh:

You will get no argument with your statement from me! We all know every load is not the same. However, we also know there is a "bean counter" out there figuring, based on daily bill count AND future bill counts based on historical data, how many people work and how many don't. It's a sad truth about this industry and THIS company particularly!

this week has been the biggest tonnage week in 8 years.Bill count doesn't show volume.Company asking all drivers if they can hold off taking time off.My terminal is putting out 600-900 outbound bills a day this week.

"would you mind not taking vacation because we are a little busy right now"
"I already gave you a week back. Go **** yourself, ask me when I get back"

If the dock gets a trailer loaded from some other terminal.all they have to do is move one pallet and that terminal where the trailer is.gets credit for that load

If the dock gets a trailer loaded from some other terminal.all they have to do is move one pallet and that terminal where the trailer is.gets credit for that load

Are you talking about drop and fills? Every dock has numbers it is expected to make. But, to the best of my knowledge, they're not removing shipments............They are trying to add one more shipment so they can get credit for the whole load. Roadway did it for years at my old terminal. It's probably standard operating practice company wide. I mean, come on, have you ever met someone in management that wasn't quick to take credit for someone else's work?

I agree that bill counts will be different according to the load but if you can not run a decent number on BPH then your screwed!!!! All of the other trucking companies run around 7 BPH and we can only manage around 4 and thats at a good terminal.Sounds to me like alot of people not doing their jobs !!!!

Seems everything revolving around the name"bill" again. Bills per hour, bills per trailer, revenue per bill, skids per bill, daily bills,higher bill counts, lower bill counts. How about if everyone at YRC changes their name to "bill"? Morning Bill. How's it going bill. Hey Bill,did you check the bill count today? Anyone seen bill? Think he went on the dock to count skids per bill.
7-5...41078

I agree that bill counts will be different according to the load but if you can not run a decent number on BPH then your screwed!!!! All of the other trucking companies run around 7 BPH and we can only manage around 4 and thats at a good terminal.Sounds to me like alot of people not doing their jobs !!!!

"Sounds to me like alot of people not doing their jobs !!!!"
Are you management??? A$$hole sniffer???
Screw YRCF and the #'s BS. It is all a big game. Manipulation of numbers and TEAMSTERS lives!
Have you ever read the monthly YRCF newsletter?
What a crock of dog dung!
Even if we (dock) employees did accomplish YRCF goals, management would just raise the goals higher.
7 BPH is pure slavery. Do the employees even use the restroom?
Our daily pre-shift meeting consists of safety, safety, safety, AND ya think SAFETY!
How can I run 7 BPH and be safe (speeding around) not to mention a "professional" job?

By the way, I thought this thread was a "bill count" only thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sounds to me like alot of people not doing their jobs !!!!"
Are you management??? A$$hole sniffer???
Screw YRCF and the #'s BS. It is all a big game. Manipulation of numbers and TEAMSTERS lives!
Have you ever read the monthly YRCF newsletter?
What a crock of dog dung!
Even if we (dock) employees did accomplish YRCF goals, management would just raise the goals higher.
7 BPH is pure slavery. Do the employees even use the restroom?
Our daily pre-shift meeting consists of safety, safety, safety, AND ya think SAFETY!
How can I run 7 BPH and be safe (speeding around) not to mention a "professional" job?

By the way, I thought this thread was a "bill count" only thread?

If so.................the point of your post was?..........

I dont care how many bills per hour are handled in a day.i like the point of this thread.gives me an idea of how busy we will be or not.bph and other matrix can be manipulated

And??????????
When I first started P&d with Roadway, I would go out on a Monday with 25 stops, work through my breaks and lunch to finish and feel good about getting all the freight off.
Tuesday the same thing. On Wednesday with a lighter load I would take my breaks and lunch. On Thursday the dispatcher asked me what was my problem on Wednesday. When I told him, his reply was the way you work on Monday and Tuesday, thats how we want you to work everyday. No matter how much work you do in a day, it will never be enough.

That is a fact, do what makes you happy because they will never be happy no matter what you do. Isn't it funny how so many start out that way but change their ways over time?

7-10...46211
7-11...45901
7-12...45366
7-13...45478
7-14...Helping "Bill", count skids per bill on dock @ 309.