Yellow | YRC,Inc. Daily Bill Count"

The daily bill count that is put out in this forum by Big R Guy, is checked each day by myself,and his numbers are right on the money. Enough said!:1036316054:
With an OR over 100, the bill count can be 100k and it won't matter. If you lose money on every shipment, then high shipment counts means more money lost.

Why are ALOT of ABF people so concerned about YRC. They at least in NY (hate us) don't talk or wave,talk down about us to customers. I LOVE TEAMSTER UNITY! Worry about YOUR CO not OURS! We do what we have to do. (YES IT SUCKS) Hopefully for ALL it will get BETTER.

Since you asked, I'll take a crack at it. Maybe some at ABF are concerned because they want YRC to succeed so another round of even steeper concessions won't be necessary and there will be no need to further undermine the contract.

Hey slime, they are starting to be able to charge more per-shipment, so they are getting more money on 50k shipments per-day. Why don't you go back to the yrcw message board on yahoo. Spread your hate on there! Do you even work for a union trucking company? why are you here?

Hey slime, they are starting to be able to charge more per-shipment, so they are getting more money on 50k shipments per-day. Why don't you go back to the yrcw message board on yahoo. Spread your hate on there! Do you even work for a union trucking company? why are you here?
Hey jenny, yes I do drive for a union company. I drive for Holland. You know the profitable company in this pos conglomerate. Been driving for a union company for over 17 years. My father drove for a union company for over 30 years. Grandfather retired as a teamster. And great-grandfather was a teamster as well. So what is your point? I am here because yrc is dragging my company down. Holland made money hand over fist before this pos bought it and started to bleed it like it has done to other companies in the past. The worse this pos does the better the regionals have to do just to keep it alive. YRC destroyed the NMFA which affects all freight companies, non union included.

Merry Christmas.

The bill count thread was made to help show the improvement in business!
Losses last quarter doubled. Hauling more highly discounted freight is not an improvement. YRC cannot sell service only price. I work inbound, my first assignment every morning is to break a YRC trailer full of home depot. They don't want yellow to deliver it. Haggerstown MD to milwaukee is 10 days? Dallas is 2 weeks. KY to WI is a week? That's the kind of service yrc has, so no you can't charge more because nobody will use you.

Actually, the loss went down from 36 to 24 million; before they added in all the other on paper write-offs. But, anyone that thinks shipping less freight is a good thing is crazy! Eventually what you want to see is everybody in trucking getting closer to full capacity; that will lead to higher rates being charged for shipping. I think it's pretty basic guys! It's not brain surgery!

Actually, the loss went down from 36 to 24 million; before they added in all the other on paper write-offs. But, anyone that thinks shipping less freight is a good thing is crazy! Eventually what you want to see is everybody in trucking getting closer to full capacity; that will lead to higher rates being charged for shipping. I think it's pretty basic guys! It's not brain surgery!

Unfortunately, the "eventually" you speak of is probably 10 yrs. off, if ever. The failure of leadership by the banks, the government, corporate executives, has led to enormous economic imbalances that may take decades to wash out. So if YRC's plan is to sit around watching their old trucks rust while they wait for demand to outpace capacity, good luck with that.

The daily bill count that is put out in this forum by Big R Guy, is checked each day by myself,and his numbers are right on the money. Enough said!:1036316054:

Hey Remo....props to you also for jumping in with help on the numbers too.....you and Big R have helped to keep this one of the busiest and more helpfull thread on this forum......KK

With an OR over 100, the bill count can be 100k and it won't matter. If you lose money on every shipment, then high shipment counts means more money lost.

While you are technically correct, you neglect to understand there are other forces that effect profits. Load factor is also important. And as bill count increases, then so does load factor. If there in more revenue in each trailer then O/R will improve.

OK....my 2 key strokes worth here. The bill count thread was started by me awhile back and picked up by Big R when my direct source got repremanded for giving me the daily numbers.....for what reason that was, makes no sense, as the count gives us hope when we see the numbers were going up.

BUT LET ME MAKE THIS VERY DAMNED CLEAR....it was because we had these numbers, the Company got called on the carpet at a COO hearing in Dallas a couple of years back when they tried to push a COO based on a daily bill count of 50K....which we all know was BS back then....we were lucky to average 45K.

I presented my case to Tyson based on the numbers I had and the Committee reduced the moving of drivers by 10% and kept the Springfield, MO breakbulk opened....the COO was going to close it.

So the "vital signs" on the screen is very important to those of us who do care what is going on and are able to dispell any BS coming from management.

Before this....we were getting bad info that eveything was rosey, but the bill counts did not match what we were seeing here....UNTIL that day in Dallas, which was a big victory for us all......just wanted to clear it up and THANK YOU Big R for continuing to post the daily counts for us....if anybody still does not get it....then get the hell off of here and go to your forum or go back to hauling chickens for all I care!....KK

OK, I am a little confused here and maybe someone can help set me straight.
1) KK has claimed to have started this thread yet the header shows herecomesruby as the person entitled to that claim to fame. What am I missing?
2) This thread is a discussion thread, not a read only thread, which would imply that discussion is welcome. Discussion=mouse clicks and mouse clicks=advertising revenue for Jeff, the owner of the bulletin board. This thread, for the most part is an information only thread where all can read the alleged YRC bill count for the day but discussion is permissible (unless your view is different from KK's).
3) I am a visitor to this site who openly admits to not being a YRC employee but I am not the only one who has participated in this current discussion.
4) KK has told me to go away if I don't see things his way. See Point 2 above. Given point 2 above and the fact that KK is a moderator, correction, "super moderator" I can't understand why he would discourage healthy and legitimate conversation here. Somehow this discussion has struck a nerve with KK and for the best I can see he is the only one who has lashed out at anyone.
I am not afraid of correction so if I am wrong here please help me get straightened out.

1) KK has claimed to have started this thread yet the header shows herecomesruby as the person entitled to that claim to fame. What am I missing?

Jeff will confirm if you don't want to beleive me...I started it, and when my source was removed from the vital signs report, I had to go elsewhere, and REMO and BIG R stepped up to the plate, as that have found another way of getting it for me....when Jeff changed the format....it removed my original posts and was reposted as the person who ask to bring it back.

2) This thread is a discussion thread, not a read only thread, which would imply that discussion is welcome. Discussion=mouse clicks and mouse clicks=advertising revenue for Jeff, the owner of the bulletin board. This thread, for the most part is an information only thread where all can read the alleged YRC bill count for the day but discussion is permissible (unless your view is different from KK's).

Actually....and it has been requested many times on here...it is to be for YRC, Inc daily bill counts only!....at times it gets off on such debates as we have now....BUT it is usually between YRC, INC EMPLOYEES....take that the way you want...

3) I am a visitor to this site who openly admits to not being a YRC employee but I am not the only one who has participated in this current discussion.

Nothing personal, but it rubs people the wrong way when an outsider comes to some other company's drivers thread and wants to throw their part in there...as it should be if they are doing the same to your company's forum.....again, nothing personal....

4) KK has told me to go away if I don't see things his way. See Point 2 above. Given point 2 above and the fact that KK is a moderator, correction, "super moderator" I can't understand why he would discourage healthy and legitimate conversation here. Somehow this discussion has struck a nerve with KK and for the best I can see he is the only one who has lashed out at anyone.
I am not afraid of correction so if I am wrong here please help me get straightened out.

Again....nothing personal....you just happened to be near my keyboard when this started...My "go away" statement is to those in general who do as I mentioned.....I get damed tired of people coming on here telling us what we should do or not do....or not paying attention to the MANY requests to only stick to the subject of the bill count that BIG R & REMO has helped us to keep going.....ALSO....those who wish to see YRC fail because they either no longer work there because they got fired....laid off 3 years ago and still have 7 years of recall rights left...went to other companies to work and still try to take jabs at those who are left trying to make it work....AND MOST OF ALL....those who are still there and are to chicken**** to leave and try something else new as many others have done and continue to **** up at work and don't give a **** one way or the other....many who have been laid off for the past 3 years would love to come back....but yall are in the way....either drive the truck or park it!....AGAIN...NOTHING PERSONAL....just facts....KK

Maybe best then for you to read the first 16 words of #3, of your list of "issues", and go with it. But I do want to thank you for being concerned about the well being of YRC.

While you are technically correct, you neglect to understand there are other forces that effect profits. Load factor is also important. And as bill count increases, then so does load factor. If there in more revenue in each trailer then O/R will improve.

Not with the way these clowns do business. "Ok dockman, strip those 300 cartons of light freight off the sw pallets and fill in over everything as its loaded". "Yes siree mr. bozzman, youz the smartest"!
Above just went from a small profit to a major loss throught extra handling, possible missing pieces, damage and all around stupid.
Load factor doesn't mean profit factor.

Not with the way these clowns do business. "Ok dockman, strip those 300 cartons of light freight off the sw pallets and fill in over everything as its loaded". "Yes siree mr. bozzman, youz the smartest"!
Above just went from a small profit to a major loss throught extra handling, possible missing pieces, damage and all around stupid.
Load factor doesn't mean profit factor.
Or backstripping to get more stacked in the trailer. Holding a load until it meets the load factor and therefore not making service standards.

Maybe best then for you to read the first 16 words of #3, of your list of "issues", and go with it. But I do want to thank you for being concerned about the well being of YRC.

And your point is? let's start a thread where the intruders, the no longers, and the indigents are not permitted to participate and see what kind of participation we have. See #2 of my previous post.

And your point is? let's start a thread where the intruders, the no longers, and the indigents are not permitted to participate and see what kind of participation we have. See #2 of my previous post.
12-5...46082