Yellow | Yrc Plans To Reduce Terminals

what about Ft Myers-Ft Peirce -Dothan and Shelbyville ?

I was in Fort Myers in July and am wondering who would handle their city operations? Orlando is over 100 miles away and Tampa even farther.
Ft Myers goes south to Naples as well. They may attempt but there is no way they can service that unless HNRY simply gives that freight elsewhere or Purchased transportation delivers it.

I was in Fort Myers in July and am wondering who would handle their city operations? Orlando is over 100 miles away and Tampa even farther.
Ft Myers goes south to Naples as well. They may attempt but there is no way they can service that unless HNRY simply gives that freight elsewhere or Purchased transportation delivers it.
there is a list of terminals YRCW want to close---but it is top secret-- only a select few drivers get to look at the list-- those 4 terminal is what I have heard the Elite Ones talking about-- but you are right I cant see YRCW closing these 4 terminals--makes no sense

there is a list of terminals YRCW want to close---but it is top secret-- only a select few drivers get to look at the list-- those 4 terminal is what I have heard the Elite Ones talking about-- but you are right I cant see YRCW closing these 4 terminals--makes no sense

Definitely closing the Shelbyville, Tennessee terminal. We are going to re-bid our linehaul runs in Nashville, in January, because of the closing, and other factors. They plan on having Nashville, Chattanooga, and Decatur, Alabama take over the servicing of the Shelbyville service area.

Definitely closing the Shelbyville, Tennessee terminal. We are going to re-bid our linehaul runs in Nashville, in January, because of the closing, and other factors. They plan on having Nashville, Chattanooga, and Decatur, Alabama take over the servicing of the Shelbyville service area.

Sorry to hear that. How many employees and how many dock doors were there in Shelbyville?

No. I think you are right. Those names weren't just pulled out of a hat and we now know you have already hit on 1 of them.
The reason I asked about Ft. Myers is I was interested in moving in that direction. It's a small terminal, maybe 30 or so doors.I was told drivers from Orlando were going down there to help them out from time to time.
One thing I know is if Orlando takes over that area with Cape Coral and Naples there is no way to service it well from there.

tampa is closer to ft. myers than orlando

Yes,about 30 miles closer, the terminal manager in Ft.Myers ( Keith) told me Orlando comes down to help their city .
He also told me they shuttle to Orlando.
I don't know why, I guess maybe it's a break bulk.

A quick perspective from an Appleton Holland driver: YRC moved in with us this week, it went quite smoothly from what I could tell. We had extra space before and now things are pretty tight but doable. The Holland guys and YRC guys got along nicely and we all just put our big boy pants on and made the best of the situation. I guess it wasn't that big of deal.

A quick perspective from an Appleton Holland driver: YRC moved in with us this week, it went quite smoothly from what I could tell. We had extra space before and now things are pretty tight but doable. The Holland guys and YRC guys got along nicely and we all just put our big boy pants on and made the best of the situation. I guess it wasn't that big of deal.
How are the hostlers working , do they have to learn how to put sets together

Each company has their own. We have the first 50 doors and they have the other 38 approx. They have all the south end of yard. For now all we really share is the drivers room and bathroom. It is hard to believe they will keep 2 Terminal Managers though.
NO need for 2 managers , one will be gone for Synergy cost savings & to make Bonus number's ................