Reddaway | YRC/Reddaway COO 2022

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
This is only the cover page. It has yet to be given a date for COO, as that's the reason you see MR - C_O xx-xx/2022. When a date has been assigned, it will then be sent to the Locals. (Lucky to get a pic of the cover, so chill out and wait. Nothing more than the cover available now)

YRCCOO2022---Copy5a661b1ec3234863.md.jpg

The reason is, the IBT has not set the date for the COO hearings. When the company gets that date approved, it will be put on the cover sheet and mailed out to ALL Locals affected by the COO. When that happens you will see it posted very soon with all other information.

The reason is, the IBT has not set the date for the COO hearings. When the company gets that date approved, it will be put on the cover sheet and mailed out to ALL Locals affected by the COO. When that happens you will see it posted very soon with all other information.
Hey KK the company has a earnings call on 5-10-22. Do you anticipate them giving more specific info on the merger with a timeframe ? Thanks for the info brother !

So one could assume most SLC linehaul will be converted to Utility positions due to the amount of short line options in every direction. Good luck with that mess boys!!

So one could assume most SLC linehaul will be converted to Utility positions due to the amount of short line options in every direction. Good luck with that mess boys!!
The only place I see a UE position going is to Pocatello ID. Too many miles between terminals. That is why Yellow never used that position before. The short line work is city P&D .

Brothers and sisters, just when I thought they were doing everything in an orderly manner, this COO is plain and simple... A disaster about to happen, I don't know how they get this engineers from back east and come over here to design this geographical areas to be served, they don't have a grain of salt in the brain. Plus I don't see line drivers jumping into this utility bull crap. This in IMO a design to shake the last of the old Teamsters school out and to keep SAIA growing, remember this trucking company was owned by Yellow Freight and no small company has growing the way this guys are doing it. On the very top banksters and directors not even regional presidents know how corrupted transactions happen.
Is very sad that the union allowed all of this. :violin:

Well according to their proposal YRC SLC is the only one getting 2 utility drivers nothing for Reddaway. Everything else is in California and Oregon roughly.

Well according to their proposal YRC SLC is the only one getting 2 utility drivers nothing for Reddaway. Everything else is in California and Oregon roughly.
That is because you are only looking at terminal to terminal options. SLC can turn with other terminals in every direction at 250 miles. That would technically make them velocity drivers but as seen in the east those drivers are constantly forced to work the dock when returning to their home domicile for the day. Get used to it and enjoy the new Yellow freight. We haven’t even touched on the amount of teamsters that will be following work to SLC from this mess. And your seniority lists have not been combined yet to boot. Good luck

That is because you are only looking at terminal to terminal options. SLC can turn with other terminals in every direction at 250 miles. That would technically make them velocity drivers but as seen in the east those drivers are constantly forced to work the dock when returning to their home domicile for the day. Get used to it and enjoy the new Yellow freight. We haven’t even touched on the amount of teamsters that will be following work to SLC from this mess. And your seniority lists have not been combined yet to boot. Good luck
Top man at Reddaway would be around #40 the other side of 201

The thing that drives me bonkers with this new yeller proposal nonsense. They want to go back to what REDDAWAY used to have 15 years ago. They want to put drivers in the middle going into TERMINAL‘s instead of the TERMINAL‘s meeting in the middle. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they want to ruffle so many feathers and supposedly in the effort of saving money by spending money relocating drivers. We already have enough drivers in Salt Lake City to meet other drivers from other terminals. I understand they’re trying to do it like FedEx and Old Dominion but you’re talking about yellow that pays at least three cents less from the starting pay at FedEx to the max at Yellow and $10 less an hour. Completely disfunction lol

When seniority lists are combined any SLC teamster can bid on any job at both facilities. Lots of shuffling will take place in SLC.
Some guys are saying that’s not completely true. Since both terminals are losing runs we are not able to follow any freight ViceVersa. So technically YRC is stuck with YRC and REDDAWAY is stuck with REDDAWAY terminals.

The thing that drives me bonkers with this new yeller proposal nonsense. They want to go back to what REDDAWAY used to have 15 years ago. They want to put drivers in the middle going into TERMINAL‘s instead of the TERMINAL‘s meeting in the middle. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they want to ruffle so many feathers and supposedly in the effort of saving money by spending money relocating drivers. We already have enough drivers in Salt Lake City to meet other drivers from other terminals. I understand they’re trying to do it like FedEx and Old Dominion but you’re talking about yellow that pays at least three cents less from the starting pay at FedEx to the max at Yellow and $10 less an hour. Completely disfunction lol
I feel your frustration 100%. But you should have known this was coming. Reddaway died along time ago. US Freightways was poised to dominate the LTL industry and old Yeller was needing a profitable company to spend down and suck it dry to save its own keester. As far as pay? The health benefits provided by Yellow are legitimately worth $7.00 hr. You also receive close to $2.00 per hr into your 401k with no minimum employee contribution to receive said contribution. So you are very competitively compensated in reality. Now you could argue against my assessment if you and your family rarely use the health benefits. But if you have a chronically ill family member the value of the plan is actually much greater than the dollar amount I assigned it. Good luck through the transition but remember there has never been a better time to go elsewhere.