Yellow | Yrc Salary/hourly Employees

Cohabitation, Seems like Hawkins is a chip off the old block of his predecessors, they can’t right the ship because they listen to no one and are out of touch with the operation so they sell the assets to look good on quarterlies.
The problem with that is their going to run out of assets. He should do all of us a favor and sell the regionals to people that know freight, at least then the debt would be gone. And these companies could maybe become profitable.

You’re describing what Yellow Corp did to Preston. They bought us, took out mortgages on everything, (and assigned those mortgages back to PTC)- convinced us to take concessions, kept our Saia Division, spun it off, and then sold us to three Yellow Corp VPs, until PTC was bankrupt.

Won’t work this time. No one- not even YRCW VPs, are buying into the CSPF mess..... and CSPF can’t be separated from New Penn, or anything YRCW.

Supervisors don't make much start at $48,000 plus crappy benefits top out at $60,000 possible bonus. Operations managers start at $60,000 top $80,000. You are better off being a Union worker with better benefits job security no guarantee you will make it into upper management may never get promoted but then you are working in a office not doing dirty work so it's your choice.

not doing dirty work?? I will take that comment as you just not knowing what the Revenue Management team does, we fix a lot of driver errors specifically. Without us there is no YRC, because ya see companies drivers deliver to don't pay their bills, especially when full of errors.

You’re describing what Yellow Corp did to Preston. They bought us, took out mortgages on everything, (and assigned those mortgages back to PTC)- convinced us to take concessions, kept our Saia Division, spun it off, and then sold us to three Yellow Corp VPs, until PTC was bankrupt.

Won’t work this time. No one- not even YRCW VPs, are buying into the CSPF mess..... and CSPF can’t be separated from New Penn, or anything YRCW.
Preston was a good job I was there when I was a lad.

So many have been through names are barely recognizable.
I've never been one to keep up with how many managers. Supers. Ceo's. went through. Tm's also. Omgoodness so many. But I always saw the same.drivers and dock people there. That hardly changed.
Peo
not doing dirty work?? I will take that comment as you just not knowing what the Revenue Management team does, we fix a lot of driver errors specifically. Without us there is no YRC, because ya see companies drivers deliver to don't pay their bills, especially when full of errors.
Could you give us an idea of some of these errors you guys fix?

if only it were that easy....
Peo

Could you give us an idea of some of these errors you guys fix?

Sure...almost always they are accessorial charges like Lift Gate, Detention, Limited Access, Inside Delivery, Notify. Those are checked off by drivers (NTFY is normally marked prior to DEL). Then upon the simplest google earth search we see there a loading dock or the access wasn't limited at all or the driver is on video not carrying the load inside yet still marking it down as completed. I won't go into the pricing errors my office corrects on a minute to minute basis.

Sure...almost always they are accessorial charges like Lift Gate, Detention, Limited Access, Inside Delivery, Notify. Those are checked off by drivers (NTFY is normally marked prior to DEL). Then upon the simplest google earth search we see there a loading dock or the access wasn't limited at all or the driver is on video not carrying the load inside yet still marking it down as completed. I won't go into the pricing errors my office corrects on a minute to minute basis.
I have also seen for years things like, truck shows up at pickup for third party, only to be told it was already picked up, by another carrier, or told it is for tomorrow’s pickup, and dispatch would just move it in the screen, with no charges for time and equipment, or a no freight charge.
Also saw for probably a 10 year span where the terminal I was at had a huge grocery warehouse, and even though the BOL stated sort and seg, nothing was charged or even showed on the dr as an accessorial charge.
Do you guys watch for things like that also?

I have also seen for years things like, truck shows up at pickup for third party, only to be told it was already picked up, by another carrier, or told it is for tomorrow’s pickup, and dispatch would just move it in the screen, with no charges for time and equipment, or a no freight charge.
Also saw for probably a 10 year span where the terminal I was at had a huge grocery warehouse, and even though the BOL stated sort and seg, nothing was charged or even showed on the dr as an accessorial charge.
Do you guys watch for things like that also?

Our Billers are supposed to but do they? idk.

Our Billers are supposed to but do they? idk.
Lot of lost revenue. Have seen it first hand for over 30 years. You have to get paid for what service you are providing.
No free storage of freight at terminals.
Appt charges.
Re deliveries.
Volumes moving on LTL rates that have 1 bill taking up 20 plus feet of a pup.
Make sure dispatchers aren’t sending another driver thru heavy traffic for a pickup, clear across terminal territory, because guy who is already there says he will not do it because he wants to go home everyday on 7-8 hours.

So let me get this straight. You have people who’s job is to look at Google Earth and scrutinize me as to whether or not I check the lift gate box or not when you have no idea of the circumstance involved.

So let me get this straight. You have people who’s job is to look at Google Earth and scrutinize me as to whether or not I check the lift gate box or not when you have no idea of the circumstance involved.

LHwZeGO.jpg

:chairshot:

So here is another question. How can you tell, just by looking at Google Earth whether or not a delivery is a limited access?

So here is another question. How can you tell, just by looking at Google Earth whether or not a delivery is a limited access?
https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/create/ltl-construction-site-delivery-help.page
Limited Access Locations
A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.

Examples include:

• churches
  • commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
  • construction sites
  • fairs, carnivals, etc.
  • individual (mini) storage units
  • military bases or installations
  • mine sites
  • prisons
  • schools

Pickup or delivery to such a location requires a pre-arranged agreement with the receiver regarding the approximate date and time of pickup or delivery.

v9ViL7o.jpg

Last edited:
One of my customers main complaints is getting overcharges corrected. Do you correct overcharges as well as undercharges?
I knew some of the clerks I worked by would change it to whatever needed to be.
Over or under. Lol.
Before I left they were checking and weighing every stick of freight they could make a dime on. Now this doesn't have anything to do with delivery charges.
But I bet they were pissing off alot of customers even though they were right to charge them more for their ugly freight. Even if that customer were to go somewhere else to ship they would do the same. Cubing and weight are the biggest things happening before I left.
We had to weigh everything on outbound. Every lift had a scale. Even if the weight was ok you still had to write it down. Every stick accounted for.

I knew some of the clerks I worked by would change it to whatever needed to be.
Over or under. Lol.
Before I left they were checking and weighing every stick of freight they could make a dime on. Now this doesn't have anything to do with delivery charges.
But I bet they were pissing off alot of customers even though they were right to charge them more for their ugly freight. Even if that customer were to go somewhere else to ship they would do the same. Cubing and weight are the biggest things happening before I left.
We had to weigh everything on outbound. Every lift had a scale. Even if the weight was ok you still had to write it down. Every stick accounted for.
Part of the problem I think, was yrc all of the sudden discovered how much money they should have been charging all along. Customers probably knew they were getting away with no weight corrections, cube corrections, along with class changes.

Part of the problem I think, was yrc all of the sudden discovered how much money they should have been charging all along. Customers probably knew they were getting away with no weight corrections, cube corrections, along with class changes.
I agree with that 100 percent.
It is what's happening. Class changes were the biggest money.
They were telling us even on our small dock they were increasing revenues 25-30 thousand a week because of corrections.
Money is tight and this is one of the few ways to do it.
Everyone else is already two steps ahead of yrc.