Yellow | Yrc Salary/hourly Employees

So let me get this straight. You have people who’s job is to look at Google Earth and scrutinize me as to whether or not I check the lift gate box or not when you have no idea of the circumstance involved.

I think, more often than not, the customer complains about the Limited Access or whatever. Then revenue Management takes a look at Google earth for confirmation.

I knew some of the clerks I worked by would change it to whatever needed to be.
Over or under. Lol.
Before I left they were checking and weighing every stick of freight they could make a dime on. Now this doesn't have anything to do with delivery charges.
But I bet they were pissing off alot of customers even though they were right to charge them more for their ugly freight. Even if that customer were to go somewhere else to ship they would do the same. Cubing and weight are the biggest things happening before I left.
We had to weigh everything on outbound. Every lift had a scale. Even if the weight was ok you still had to write it down. Every stick accounted for.
How is the US Government's lawsuit against YRC coming along? The one where we billed for overweight, but didnt credit for underweight...

So let me get this straight. You have people who’s job is to look at Google Earth and scrutinize me as to whether or not I check the lift gate box or not when you have no idea of the circumstance involved.

No we speak with customers, terminal managers and use google earth LOL scrutinize or double check top make sure the job is done correctly call it what you will.

have you ever used Google Earth? It's not hard to tell...also when the customer says another carrier has no issue......
And many customer service people are told by customers that the other carrier, (UPS) has no trouble delivering to them. Not realizing the difference in vehicle size. Have heard that one for 40 years.

Vice President Revenue Management at YRC Worldwide, Inc.
https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kelly-Kendall/1370480722

Kelly Kendall
Vice President Revenue Management at YRC Worldwide, Inc.
Kansas City, Missouri Area
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
YRC Worldwide, Inc.
YRC Freight
Tri-State University
YRC Freight
500+ connections
View Kelly Kendall’s full profile. It's free!
Your colleagues, classmates, and 500 million other professionals are on LinkedIn.
Join LinkedIn
Summary

Improving the accuracy, reliability and value of end results while continually removing costs and reducing cycle times; enabling my team, company, partnership and relationship affiliations to grow and prosper. Become a better person, better friend, better partner and better co-worker by seeking to understand our diversities, respecting a variety of opinions and seeking acceptable compromises – achieving common goals.

A few ground rules I live by; 1) live life to its fullest – treat today as if it might be the last, 2) share appreciation for what others mean in my life, 3) stand solid on a few simple guiding principles, 4) be thankful for what is; worry less about what is not – but that doesn’t mean to stop dreaming and most of all 4) don’t sweat the petty things – don’t make every issue or situation a life or death scenario. At the beginning of each day remember – have some fun and enjoy today for there may be no tomorrow.

Never get to busy to say “please”, “thank-you”, “I’m sorry” and “I love you” when appropriate ... and mean it.

If you aren't familiar with QBQ - check it out at http://qbq.com - what a difference it can make!

Specialties: My education, work and personal experience has provided me with many organizational, analytical and technical tools. There is always room for improvement; enjoy working with others to improve processes, programs and organizations.

:fingure:

How is the US Government's lawsuit against YRC coming along? The one where we billed for overweight, but didnt credit for underweight...
Yeah , so what is the update on the Government Lawsuit or was it just a scam to fake out the union so the sheep voted yes again , as kinda funny how it come out right before contract joke talks ???? Think about it ??

Yeah , so what is the update on the Government Lawsuit or was it just a scam to fake out the union so the sheep voted yes again , as kinda funny how it come out right before contract joke talks ???? Think about it ??

So the "Government" is colluding with YRC and the Union to fool the workers. I guess there's a shortage of aluminum foil these days.

have you ever used Google Earth? It's not hard to tell...also when the customer says another carrier has no issue......
I’m speaking strictly about whether or not a “limited access” fee should be accessed. As you should know, just because a delivery is difficult to deliver, a limited access fee isn’t always warranted. Likewise, I will check the limited access box with a trailer when warranted, such as a construction site, a elementary school, a mining site, etc. With all due respect, I don’t think you can always accurately make that determination sitting at a desk looking at a computer screen. We have people at the local terminals that are already overseeing what we as drivers do.

Don’t assume google earth is up to date, maybe the customer piles crap all around their dock so you can’t get a big box in. Or maybe they park their broken down box truck in the dock, or a storage trailer, or maybe it’s a dock a big trailer can’t fit in.

And many customer service people are told by customers that the other carrier, (UPS) has no trouble delivering to them. Not realizing the difference in vehicle size. Have heard that one for 40 years.
I used to deliver to a Downtown Credit Union by two-wheeler. The manager told me their new building had a dock. I replied that yes, I knew that. It had a 6' high concrete wall, 24' from the dock, directly across from the door. He said he'd never thought of that when he approved the plans. Today, it has a dumpster parked in that door...

Like when there is long nose double bunk KW with a 53' tral
Don’t assume google earth is up to date, maybe the customer piles crap all around their dock so you can’t get a big box in. Or maybe they park their broken down box truck in the dock, or a storage trailer, or maybe it’s a dock a big trailer can’t fit in.

Rule #1 at KGO trust no one at the local terminal they all lie to make their numbers look good.......................
Rule #2 see rule #1 drivers are worse..............................

I have also seen for years things like, truck shows up at pickup for third party, only to be told it was already picked up, by another carrier, or told it is for tomorrow’s pickup, and dispatch would just move it in the screen, with no charges for time and equipment, or a no freight charge.
Also saw for probably a 10 year span where the terminal I was at had a huge grocery warehouse, and even though the BOL stated sort and seg, nothing was charged or even showed on the dr as an accessorial charge.
Do you guys watch for things like that also?
The regionals were addressing that problem starting a few years ago as long as the driver talked to someone and got their name and excuse of why the freight wasn't ready. The charge was $85 a few years ago to the 3PL.

As far as the sort and seg, and other charges not being on the bills, the freight is sometimes contracted so that they didn't get charged for any accessorial charges, usually a big account that the salesman convinced someone that the company couldn't live without the revenue. Usually it was the cheapest and crappiest freight you could handle and a dead loser, but boy, the revenue!...

The regionals were addressing that problem starting a few years ago as long as the driver talked to someone and got their name and excuse of why the freight wasn't ready. The charge was $85 a few years ago to the 3PL.

As far as the sort and seg, and other charges not being on the bills, the freight is sometimes contracted so that they didn't get charged for any accessorial charges, usually a big account that the salesman convinced someone that the company couldn't live without the revenue. Usually it was the cheapest and crappiest freight you could handle and a dead loser, but boy, the revenue!...
You are right. Grocery freight is a dead loser...

not doing dirty work?? I will take that comment as you just not knowing what the Revenue Management team does, we fix a lot of driver errors specifically. Without us there is no YRC, because ya see companies drivers deliver to don't pay their bills, especially when full of errors.
You ever work on a dock in below zero or 90+ degree hot days? How about driving in the worst conditions imaginable Truck Driver job is more dangerous than Police, Fire and Corrections.