Yellow | YRC SALESMAN SHOWN THE DOOR

youngw1500

TB Lurker
Credits
two salesmen fired @327 lafayette in on friday. was told 60 were let go ,anyone have any info on this.
no sales = no freight.

salesman.jpg
salesman-copyright3.gif

they only need a couple good ones​

[quote author=youngw1500 link=topic=80254.msg830760#msg830760 date=1274142634]
two salesmen fired @327 lafayette in on friday. was told 60 were let go ,anyone have any info on this.
no sales = no freight.
[/quote]
You hit the nail right on the head! I have not heard of the company replacing the fired salesmen either!

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=80254.msg830778#msg830778 date=1274146926]
2 in Atlanta....bill count barely over 43K all year....so what have they been doing?....KK
[/quote]

Our 10 that have quit over the last 5 months have left because all they were doing was non stop answering calls from peed off customers.

If they don't have the support of the Operations dept (get freight delivered and picked up) how can you confidently sell?

Based on the low bill count system wide it can't just be our terminal that layoff drivers and dock workers while freight sits in the yard..............

Before we merged into one building we were delivering an average of 700 bills a day and picking up 400. Yellow was about 350 dels and 200 pick ups. Combined we should have been a powerhouse BUT then they started laying guys off and not providing the basic service.

Now we deliver about 600 and pick up 350 combined.

I can easily understand the frustration of the sales people, when all they do is deal with complaints for poor service and claims. When they are tied up just fixing problems all of the time, they don't even get a chance to pick up any new accounts. That would be frustrating. But, I also have to say that some of them, more than likely, sit on their hinder at home instead of calling on customers and don't produce freight. Those people need to be fired, and replaced with someone with some ambition. Like everyone else at this company.....either produce or good riddance.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=80254.msg830845#msg830845 date=1274181695]
.....either produce or good riddance.
[/quote]

i agree, it does not sound good letting salesmen go but if they were not usefull or screwing around then goodbye.... we need the right kinda people and attitudes if this is to turn around

A couple a weeks ago, hot freight came in for Milwaukee. I sat in the Chicago Heights breakroom for 67 clicks, while the freight was transfered on the dock and for the trailer to be hooked. I then drove straight to Milwaukee, only 116 miles, the yardman had the load to the dock before I even made it to the relay building. We have a great operation, its just the people at the top who have skrewed everything up.

"Those people need to be fired, and replaced with someone with some ambition. Like everyone else at this company.....either produce or good riddance."

that statement is very true, but we all know that they will not be replaced, and even if they were, the company would try to be penny wise(pound foolish) and hire someone with zilch for experience fresh out of college. i don't think any sales person in their right mind would leave a decent sales job and come to yrc.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=80254.msg830912#msg830912 date=1274204441]
A couple a weeks ago, hot freight came in for Milwaukee. I sat in the Chicago Heights breakroom for 67 clicks, while the freight was transfered on the dock and for the trailer to be hooked. I then drove straight to Milwaukee, only 116 miles, the yardman had the load to the dock before I even made it to the relay building. We have a great operation, its just the people at the top who have skrewed everything up.
[/quote] Well said driver!

but then again the people on the top designed the network and the system. There are doctors and presidents who have
images
and so do many dispatchers and dock foreman

either produce or good riddance

Though they started from the bottom up, it appears that is what is happening. When recalled, expect a leaner, meaner YRC.

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the entire conversation, however, I heard some very good words come from management recently...

this is the gist of it...

Everybody has to do the same thing, but I don't care if we follow the rules specifically. We need to worry about servicing our customers.

In this context, one Teamster was upset and the rest of the team (Teamsters) agreed with the member of management.

It is nice to see and hear more stories of management and Teamsters working together well. Everyone, management and Teamster alike, need to continue pulling together to increase our service to customers. As I heard a management member say recently "That rule book isn't going to do any of us any good in the unemployment line." That statement applies very well to both sides of the desk or dispatch window.

I encourage everyone to do your job to the best of your ability in a manner that effectively services our customers while promoting a team environment. As you make the judgment calls that are a regular part of your job function, focus on the the customer as well as making sure the TEAM, management and Teamster, are provided with the tools to effectively do their job also.

The biggest complaint I hear is about the 15%. You want that 15% back, follow the above prescription. I'm not saying throw the work rules out the window. What I'm saying is the next time you read it, grasp it with both hands and twist. You'll see that even the rules can be flexible to a point, without the ink disappearing from the paper.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=80254.msg831214#msg831214 date=1274297935]
well said i agree 100 percent, you cant get milk from a cow if you dont feed it
[/quote]I thought the surviving management out of 309, got their milk from a goat? :biglaugh:

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80254.msg831183#msg831183 date=1274288029]

Though they started from the bottom up, it appears that is what is happening. When recalled, expect a leaner, meaner YRC.

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the entire conversation, however, I heard some very good words come from management recently...

Everybody has to do the same thing, but I don't care if we follow the rules specifically. We need to worry about servicing our customers.

In this context, one Teamster was upset and the rest of the team (Teamsters) agreed with the member of management.

It is nice to see and hear more stories of management and Teamsters working together well. Everyone, management and Teamster alike, need to continue pulling together to increase our service to customers. As I heard a management member say recently "That rule book isn't going to do any of us any good in the unemployment line." That statement applies very well to both sides of the desk or dispatch window.

I encourage everyone to do your job to the best of your ability in a manner that effectively services our customers while promoting a team environment. As you make the judgment calls that are a regular part of your job function, focus on the the customer as well as making sure the TEAM, management and Teamster, are provided with the tools to effectively do their job also.

The biggest complaint I hear is about the 15%. You want that 15% back, follow the above prescription. I'm not saying throw the work rules out the window. What I'm saying is the next time you read it, grasp it with both hands and twist. You'll see that even the rules can be flexible to a point, without the ink disappearing from the paper.

[/quote]

Very well said....bravo.

[quote author=npmemanager link=topic=80254.msg831288#msg831288 date=1274318042]
[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80254.msg831183#msg831183 date=1274288029]

[/quote]

Very well said....bravo.
[/quote]I must say that was a good piece of literature, vwaggs; However, we did have that at one time, but the company was called Yellow Freight/CGB out of Chicago at that time. Currently, there is no such thing as respect for employees out of 309. What is good for you vwaggs, is you still have the original management from where your working at.

Completely different story out of Chicago. Not many drivers or dock workers are not going to care a whole lot about the service to customers. Especially, when management treats others like ::shit::, writing letters to start profiles on people, and constantly harassing and inducing their employees into a hostile work environment all the time, non-stop. People are there for the career, and YRC is trying to make it, just a job for everyone else.

The company does get built from the bottom-up, but in financial situations that should come from top to bottom. I don't remember all the drivers/dock at YRC making six figures a year. Can't run all the cycles from the bottom-up, all the time. IMO, that will never work for any company. Unless of course there are people who vote Yes, and keep allowing it to continue.

There definitely seems to be some disharmony at 309. Perhaps those at the top will revisit and see what adjustments can be made there to improve the Team interaction.