Yellow | YRC SALESMAN SHOWN THE DOOR

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80254.msg831330#msg831330 date=1274326012]
There definitely seems to be some disharmony at 309. Perhaps those at the top will revisit and see what adjustments can be made there to improve the Team interaction.
[/quote]Yeah, with a good attorney for starters. :biglaugh:

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80254.msg831330#msg831330 date=1274326012]
There definitely seems to be some disharmony at 309. Perhaps those at the top will revisit and see what adjustments can be made there to improve the Team interaction.
[/quote]
vwags ive been with Roadway YRC at 309 for 21 yrs now and that is on the dock and spotter...It is really bad now with the letter writting and harassment that has been going on now. They wrote a person up for spitting sunflower shells on the dock...thats how petty it has become. No visit by a top person will change the course of the top management here at 309.

[vwags ive been with Roadway YRC at 309 for 21 yrs now and that is on the dock and spotter...It is really bad now with the letter writting and harassment that has been going on now. They wrote a person up for spitting sunflower shells on the dock...thats how petty it has become. No visit by a top person will change the course of the top management here at 309.
[/quote]....................I sounds like it is time to work smart and safe @ 309..........nuff said............ :chairshot:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831283#msg831283 date=1274316973]
[quote author=kingfish link=topic=80254.msg831214#msg831214 date=1274297935]
well said i agree 100 percent, you cant get milk from a cow if you dont feed it
[/quote]I thought the surviving management out of 309, got their milk from a goat? :biglaugh:
[/quote] Is that the Cubs goat?

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=80254.msg831382#msg831382 date=1274355305]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831283#msg831283 date=1274316973]
[quote author=kingfish link=topic=80254.msg831214#msg831214 date=1274297935]
well said i agree 100 percent, you cant get milk from a cow if you dont feed it
[/quote]I thought the surviving management out of 309, got their milk from a goat? :biglaugh:
[/quote] Is that the Cubs goat?
[/quote] :biglaugh: Absolutely, the goat has to be from the Chicago Cubs.

[quote author=SC Bear link=topic=80254.msg831300#msg831300 date=1274320893]
Great post vwaggs!!!! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

i second that!!

Here @ 381 Omaha , Friday a salesperson was let go ,were down to one now, and the terminal manager gave his two week noticed... mike

2 very decent salespersons let go from the 211/218 combined sales territory last Friday. I'm sure by now they are working for another carrier selling against us. Of course, we've always got way too many big fat management around, maybe they can start to deal with all of these upset customers and see where they have guided us.

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=80254.msg830778#msg830778 date=1274146926]
2 in Atlanta....bill count barely over 43K all year....so what have they been doing?....KK
[/quote]

Well, I can only talk about So. Cal. area. Lets see? giving USF our frieght! Letting the company do anything they want, Laying off drivers and dock even when we are so short we can't service the customer, Letting go of sales men so they can control where the frieght goes. Cutting so many bid we are not even at 50 % bid. And telling everybody the future is so bright we should all wear shades. :beerchug:

If I look back far enough it is starting to look like what LEE WAY did. The only diffrence is LEE WAY told their sales crew you can keep working as long as you don't do any sales. Then Pepsico sold LEE WAY to C.L. something so that when they closed Pepsico wouldn't look bad.

I hate to be negative but sometimes it is frustrating to watch. :rant:

[quote author=RocketManCVE link=topic=80254.msg831570#msg831570 date=1274404739]
2 very decent salespersons let go from the 211/218 combined sales territory last Friday. I'm sure by now they are working for another carrier selling against us. Of course, we've always got way too many big fat management around, maybe they can start to deal with all of these upset customers and see where they have guided us.
[/quote]It is Saia, across the street from RFO/257. Everyone seems to keep forgetting about that terminal, and why their trying to transfer everyone to 211.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831709#msg831709 date=1274455646]
[quote author=RocketManCVE link=topic=80254.msg831570#msg831570 date=1274404739]
[/quote]It is Saia, across the street from RFO/257. Everyone seems to keep forgetting about that terminal, and why their trying to transfer everyone to 211.
[/quote]
257 is gone. Its a Fed Ex term now. Yes it is across from SAIA.

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80254.msg831720#msg831720 date=1274458906]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831709#msg831709 date=1274455646]
[/quote]
257 is gone. Its a Fed Ex term now. Yes it is across from SAIA.
[/quote]I know that already. What I am saying is, if you owned a company and you wanted to expand it. Would you expand it union or non-union? Just like CF did. You take from the people who made you what you are today, and replace with a different group people without any contracts. Saia was started with union money. If people voted No, they could walked away holding their heads high, but since people voted Yes, they invited for more problems and the drama to keep re-occurring.

The "vote no and leave with your head held high", and the "how proud can you look in the unemployment line" has been debated to the point of nauseum. It's time to move on from it. There is no Roadway, and there is no Yellow. Move on. We all know how frustrating this whole mess has been, but it's time to get over that petty stuff and try to keep this ship afloat. There are a lot of families, whether retired, working, or waiting to get called back to work, counting on your survival. Fair days work for a fair days pay.......try it......let's see what happens.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=80254.msg831835#msg831835 date=1274495835]
The "vote no and leave with your head held high", and the "how proud can you look in the unemployment line" has been debated to the point of nauseum. It's time to move on from it. There is no Roadway, and there is no Yellow. Move on. We all know how frustrating this whole mess has been, but it's time to get over that petty stuff and try to keep this ship afloat. There are a lot of families, whether retired, working, or waiting to get called back to work, counting on your survival. Fair days work for a fair days pay.......try it......let's see what happens.
[/quote]

if more people could see it that way. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=80254.msg831835#msg831835 date=1274495835]
[/quote]Good point NF, but it all depends where people work out of. I wish it was that easy for me and other friends of mine that work out of the same place I did. It is a lot easier said than done.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg832086#msg832086 date=1274569404]
[/quote]Good point NF, but it all depends where people work out of. I wish it was that easy for me and other friends of mine that work out of the same place I did. It is a lot easier said than done.
[/quote] Thankfully our workplace is ok. Everyone knows what needs to be done and they get after it. Management only dogs you if you deserve it and it really takes alot for them to come down on you. If they do you had it coming.

[quote author=truckchick1 link=topic=80254.msg832088#msg832088 date=1274570266]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg832086#msg832086 date=1274569404]
[/quote] Thankfully our workplace is ok. Everyone knows what needs to be done and they get after it. Management only dogs you if you deserve it and it really takes alot for them to come down on you. If they do you had it coming.
[/quote]Not where I'm from, but it used to be like that a while back. Ask pilot108, or pup driver, I'm sure they can reply with an answer on that.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831726#msg831726 date=1274460247]
Saia was started with union money.
[/quote]

In 1924? I don't know-- but I doubt it.....

http://www.saia.com/mediakit/SaiaHistory.doc

Saia was founded in 1924 with one terminal in Houma, Louisiana and continued to expand with terminals throughout Louisiana and Texas over the next five-and-a-half decades. In 1980, an application by the carrier to service several additional southern states was approved. With that expansion, Saia became one of the premier regional less-than-truckload carriers in the United States.

Saia was independent, and profitable, until Preston (also Debt-Free at that time) bought them, Smalley, and Reeves- in 1990. That led to Preston's money going to service debt instead of reinvesting in their company. (sound familiar?) By Thanksgiving of 93-- Preston SHOULD have closed our doors. Yellow Corp bought us-- told us to "give-back", split Saia away from us, and we struggled for 6 more years. During that time, Yellow Corp mortgaged our terminals/equipment back upon us to pay for our being bought (again-- sound familiar?) Then-- finally-- "sold us" to 3 Yellow VPs so we were "Debt Free". We had no operating cash (sound familiar?). We closed in 1999 with no notice to the drivers-- (a customer on Monday, July 26, 1999 told me Yellow had warned him the previous Saturday that we were closing) at 11:30 am with drivers on the street with full loads. Within a week our RFO Terminal had a Yellow flag on it-- 600 Preston trailers had Yellow on them.......Saia was kept-- spun off......

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=80254.msg832187#msg832187 date=1274611728]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80254.msg831726#msg831726 date=1274460247]
[/quote]

Saia was founded in 1924 with one terminal in Houma, Louisiana and continued to expand with terminals throughout Louisiana and Texas over the next five-and-a-half decades. In 1980, an application by the carrier to service several additional southern states was approved. With that expansion, Saia became one of the premier regional less-than-truckload carriers in the United States.

Saia was independent, and profitable, until Preston (also Debt-Free at that time) bought them, Smalley, and Reeves- in 1990. That led to Preston's money going to service debt instead of reinvesting in their company. (sound familiar?) By Thanksgiving of 93-- Preston SHOULD have closed our doors. Yellow Corp bought us-- told us to "give-back", split Saia away from us, and we struggled for 6 more years. During that time, Yellow Corp mortgaged our terminals/equipment back upon us to pay for our being bought (again-- sound familiar?) Then-- finally-- "sold us" to 3 Yellow VPs so we were "Debt Free". We had no operating cash (sound familiar?). We closed in 1999 with no notice to the drivers-- (a customer on Monday, July 26, 1999 told me Yellow had warned him the previous Saturday that we were closing) at 11:30 am with drivers on the street with full loads. Within a week our RFO Terminal had a Yellow flag on it-- 600 Preston trailers had Yellow on them.......Saia was kept-- spun off......
[/quote]jimmy g, thanks for setting the record straight. Good post.

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=80254.msg832187#msg832187 date=1274611728]
[/quote]

[/quote]I thought ever trucking company was union back in those days. When did they go non-union?