Yellow | YRC SALESMAN SHOWN THE DOOR

posting from a message phone. can't do research or links. just thinking...Teamsters founded early 1900s. prob not very powerful in the 20s. then the depression and WWII.i imagine we weren't really in vogue til the 50s???

a powerful organizing explosion in the 50s would explain Hoffa's reputation, and why he was called by Congress to testify by '62. also fits with the pension fund's reputed involvment with the building of Vegas.

k k prob knows our history better?

city drivers probably have as much to do with keeping customers than any factor. A driver
images
who goes to the same customer every day develops a kind of friendship with the receiver or shipper and even the traffic manager. I'll bet YRC lost a lot of customers with all the city driver re-shuffling

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80254.msg832497#msg832497 date=1274702348]
city drivers probably have as much to do with keeping customers than any factor. A driver
images
who goes to the same customer every day develops a kind of friendship with the receiver or shipper and even the traffic manager. I'll bet YRC lost a lot of customers with all the city driver re-shuffling
[/quote]I get your point, Joe. And you're right. But, I also feel that a city driver that has confidence in their ability and has the right personality to mingle with the customers can make a very positive first impression, and won't take long to reconnect with the customers.

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=80254.msg832715#msg832715 date=1274752007]
of course one thinking his job has no future can blow it all just as quickly........
[/quote] If "one" acts like their job has no future, in front of their customers, "one" is insuring that they won't have a future.