Yellow | YRC Teamster Tells CNN About Dangers Of Job

IMO, I swear, where do these drivers come from? I wonder if Mr. Sutherland ever heard of going to bed on YRC, for receiving an illegal dispatch that can't be made to begin with. Not only does YRC pay him for his full trip, but they pay his bed time too. I would be more than happy to show him how to fill out that grievance. Short breaks, when are these drivers going to wake up?

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all..75 mph trucks?? Those are few and far between for all trucks. Second of all, if you are tired, there are ways to communicate it with the company. One is nicely with the dispatcher, if that don't work, use the "Ill and fatigue" line. Works everytime. BTW, Spaghetti, when was the last time you drove a truck long haul??

First of all..75 mph trucks?? Those are few and far between for all trucks. Second of all, if you are tired, there are ways to communicate it with the company. One is nicely with the dispatcher, if that don't work, use the "Ill and fatigue" line. Works everytime. BTW, Spaghetti, when was the last time you drove a truck long haul??

Now you know he drives everyday here ......

fufxhv5823ti7d2xr962.jpg

:hide:

Last edited:
What? You mean to tell me you didn't know that out west the YRC drivers have their trucks turned up? Ah, yeah they do. You see how the trucks are adjusted for the triples between Reno, NV and Salt Lake City, UT or Topeka, KS to Denver, CO. They do run 75 mph, and some of them drivers adjust to display the middle finger when they pass you too.

IMO, I swear, where do these drivers come from? I wonder if Mr. Sutherland ever heard of going to bed on YRC, for receiving an illegal dispatch that can't be made to begin with. Not only does YRC pay him for his full trip, but they pay his bed time too. I would be more than happy to show him how to fill out that grievance. Short breaks, when are these drivers going to wake up?

AMEN!!! Too many miles or over 11 hours driving time? TOO BED! (And get paid! Hows that for a Teamster job???)
Tired, Ill of fatigued? TOO BED! (And no recourse that the Company can take!!!)
But nothing will happen, And the Company will keep pushing for longer VIA'a until the Drivers put a stop to it!
This use to be easier when the local Relays had control. But now, With CDO,NST, or whatever they are calling themselves these day in control you have to fight this battle more often.
Somebody in a cubicle in Overland Park thinks he/she knows more about a run then the Driver who has to run it OR the Dispatcher who tells CDO it can't be made legally! I actually heard CDO say to one dispatcher "It's only 2 inches more on the map"
I understand the need to utilise Drivers but Damn People, Keep it Legal! And one more thing, If you push for longer trips with VIA's and clock time then don't cry when the Driver is out of time at the end of the week!

To bad no one read the article :biglaugh: What the Noodle is implying is NOT what the YRC driver said but rather the AUTHOR of this article is implying that about Truckers in general . Once again OH never mind we all know you :Emoticon_digging:

To bad no one read the article :biglaugh: What the Noodle is implying is NOT what the YRC driver said but rather the AUTHOR of this article is implying that about Truckers in general . Once again OH never mind we all know you :Emoticon_digging:

:1036316054:

I'm surprised that he brought up how many drivers and dockgirls die every week being suffocated when their noses get stuck in the boss' hindend!

Heck, When I ran from Charleston SC to Charlotte at nite as a UE back in 2008 and was coming back from Charlotte at 4am I would pull off and take a nap.......Since I was paid by the hour I would call dispatch but no one was there cause it was an end-of-line terminal to let them know I was fatigued and there was nothing they could do discipline me because i was trying not to violate DOT regulations...........nuff said......:bgroovy:

I'm surprised that he brought up how many drivers and dockgirls die every week being suffocated when their noses get stuck in the boss' hindend!
It should placard as an Inhalation Hazard, but some people can only learn the hard way.

I was asked to do a run that was to me, illegal (cannot be made). Dispatch wanted to know if I was refusing the load, I of course said NO I AM NOT. I said to give me the paper work for the dispatch and I will attempt to make it and that also, I will call on my 9th hour of driving or my 12th hour of working which ever comes first and let dispatch make the decision of what motel he wants me to rest at. Ironically enough, another dispatch that could be made was sitting right there. WOW!! God sure works in mysterious ways.

WRONG!!!!!! I always called and told them where I was staying at. Remember, who is the Captain of that ship/truck? If it is at a dark terminal it is the company's decision on where a driver spends his/her 10 hour rest. On the road, it is the driver's decision. As long as the driver informed dispatch that he/she didn't have the hours make the run legally, YRC has to pay for the all time spent until driver has the legal hours to complete his/her dispatch, especially on an illegal dispatch.

Next time this happens get blank sheet of paper and get a punch mark of the time. Then write on the paper that dispatcher is forcing driver/me to take a dispatch that isn't makeable on the amount of hours required. Request to the dispatcher to sign off, on the paper, exactly what the dispatcher is asking to do. Some dispatchers will sign, and some don't. Even if the dispatchers sign or don't sign, call the union stewards or the local and report the incident and follow it up with a nice fat grievance. Money in the bank, driver. Just tell that dispatcher that this is YRC, and I don't work for free. Badda-Bing, Bodda Boom, piece of cake. $$$$$

This is so damn funny, this is another fine P.o.S., he is also a so called UNION Steward, who stabs union brothers/sisters in the back. He is in bed with the company. Talks alot of game, but does not really know his stuff. Ask around there is so many drivers who want to take care of him in the parking lot its not even funny!