Holland | YRC The Cancer Of The Trucking Industry

Canadians.
It's easy to blame the Canadians, but I disagree. Since it was reported that Hoffa won by some 9,000 votes (?) that came from the Canadians, I'd say that 9,000 American Teamsters could have thrown him out of office too, by countering or offsetting the Canadian votes.
It's disingenuous to blame the Canadians when there were obviously a lot of Americans that voted for the POS also.

It's easy to blame the Canadians, but I disagree. Since it was reported that Hoffa won by some 9,000 votes (?) that came from the Canadians, I'd say that 9,000 American Teamsters could have thrown him out of office too, by countering or offsetting the Canadian votes.
It's disingenuous to blame the Canadians when there were obviously a lot of Americans that voted for the POS also.
Blame the ones that failed to get off their asses to vote for anyone. The total vote turnout was only 16.5% of eligible voters. Voter apathy and just plain laziness is to blame.

Voter apathy occurs on both sides of the border in the same proportions that voted. 10,000 more votes would have yielded the same results with the Canadians overpowering us to keep Jimmy the Great in office. I hear a lot of people say blame those who didn't vote, as if only those against Hoffa were the ones who didn't vote. :shrug:

Voter apathy occurs on both sides of the border in the same proportions that voted. 10,000 more votes would have yielded the same results with the Canadians overpowering us to keep Jimmy the Great in office. I hear a lot of people say blame those who didn't vote, as if only those against Hoffa were the ones who didn't vote. :shrug:
In the 83% of non-voters, I think there would have been enough combined common sense to vote out Hoffa. Too bad it didn't happen - it's probably too late anyhow. Teamster Freight Div is toast. YRC is toast. CSPF is toast. Retirement for Hoffa is good. Retirement for Nyhan is good. Retirement for all of YRCW brass is good.

Pensions funds going broke and lowest paid LTL Driver's , is it time to do a DECERTIFICATION VOTE !!! really WHY are we paying DUE'S any more ??
i agree, i just dont see what the union is doing for us on the local or national level, they try and send us to the voting booths to vote straight democrat party partyline vote and thats never going to get us anything, they probably send millions to the democrat party but we will never know because there is no transparency and on the local level people are hired and fired at will, cartage comes in whenever management wants, mandatory overtime or mandatory 8 hr and go home whenever they want. the rules change daily sometimes. right now theyre following the 60 hr rule, but if its super busy we might be on a 70 hr rule.

i dont see why our members voted in that crook hoffa again, 2 yrs until next contract and hes going to get the best deal he can get for himself.

Less American votes would have kept him out, but that is water over the dam now.

I remember when they were encouraging us to buy company stock, which I foolishly did, and that was said to be treatment for the YRCW Cancer. Then came the stock warrants, (the next form of chemotherapy) which many of the employees were all giddy about. Since then, both stocks and stock warrants could have been used for toilet paper since they all have the same value.
And how about that "equal sacrifice"? Mgt got their pay and benefits package restored, has the Union members?
Those pukes hoodwinked us too many times for my likings.
If I were you guys, I'd never believe another word they said.
"Being fooled does not make you a fool. You only become a fool when you contiuously fall for the same ::shit::"...... Unknown author

I'd like to know what hoffa does for our friends across the border that he won't do here. What's different?

I wouldn't be surprised if they have their own divisional president up there and have nothing to do with Hoffa so they went with the status quo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have their own divisional president up there and have nothing to do with Hoffa so they went with the status quo.
They would still have to have Hoffa'a approval. It's International Brotherhood of Teamsters just sayin' and no I'm not a fan of sir jimmy,