Holland | YRC The Cancer Of The Trucking Industry

Are those rhetorical questions Henry? If you've got time, I can 'splain it to you.:unconscious:
I don't think Teamsters are stupid as a whole, but since only 16.5% of over 1.2 million eligible to vote in the last General election even bothered to send in a vote that wouldn't have cost them any more than 10 minutes of their time and 49 cents in postage is the main reason. I'd like to think that if ALL 1.2 million had voted, I think the result would have been different. But then, the only ones really affected by Hoffa staying or being forced to leave, are the members still under the NMFA in the Freight DIvision - and they only number about 75,000. The dues paying members in the other 21 Teamster Divisions are still "drinking the kool aid" and believing the Hoffa line of BS. So much for the "Brotherhood" that is still on the Teamster logo so proudly displayed at all the union halls.

I don't think Teamsters are stupid as a whole, but since only 16.5% of over 1.2 million eligible to vote in the last General election even bothered to send in a vote that wouldn't have cost them any more than 10 minutes of their time and 49 cents in postage is the main reason. I'd like to think that if ALL 1.2 million had voted, I think the result would have been different. But then, the only ones really affected by Hoffa staying or being forced to leave, are the members still under the NMFA in the Freight DIvision - and they only number about 75,000. The dues paying members in the other 21 Teamster Divisions are still "drinking the kool aid" and believing the Hoffa line of BS. So much for the "Brotherhood" that is still on the Teamster logo so proudly displayed at all the union halls.

Didn't have to pay postage,but then someone could have been there to walk it to the mailbox and they still wouldn't of had the gumption to vote, Ignorance at best!!!!

YRCW has 'WON" , they have broke the union power and cut wages & pensions & ruined worker morale , so it's just a matter of time !!!
"Divide and conquer"
"As long as some people have commanded the work of others, this has been managements's basic principal" Peter Ratchliff

Last edited:
Another quote that must be hanging in the YRC boardroom, to guide their management decisions concerning their employees -

"There is only one thing in this world, and that is to keep acquiring money and more money, power and more power.
All the rest is meaningless".........
Napoleon Bonaparte
I would assume they left off the person's name that said it - since the end result of YRC will be the same.

So Henry...YOU read the paragraph. It was GIVEN. Everyone had a vote. Nothing justifies dishonesty and/or laziness. We have an opportunity comming up to get that money back. It will be a give and take as all negotiations are. My suggestions is...show them we are worth it. Any employee who is so upset about the company and has a CDL but still here is lying on this thread. They have every opportunity to leave and have not. What does that say? They have hope. So let's stop with the negativity. Yes...YRCWS over leveraged themselves and at a bad time on top of it. It has almost destroyed them and their sister companies. YRCWS doing a bit bette . In 2019 we tell them hands down the money comes BACK.
Really? "the money comes back"? By 2019 a YRC employee that has been with the company for the entire MOU period from 2009 will have given back close to $100,000 in earned pay . Even if the MOU does go away and YRC does stay in business, that money is forever gone..If YRC does close, that money is still gone - and the exexutives say, "Thank you very much. We appreciate your multi- billion dollar contributions to our retirements. Rest assured that your money will be put to good use buying our muli-million dollar estates, yachts and luxurious lifestyles. SUCKERS."
"The corporation is a TRUE Frankenstien monster - an artificial "person" run amok, responsible only to it's own soulless self.".......
William Duggar - management analyst .
"He who allows oppression, shares in the crime" .......Erasmus Darwin

Another quote that must be hanging in the YRC boardroom, to guide their management decisions concerning their employees -

"There is only one thing in this world, and that is to keep acquiring money and more money, power and more power.
All the rest is meaningless".........
Napoleon Bonaparte
I would assume they left off the person's name that said it - since the end result of YRC will be the same.

Guess none of them ever read Ecclesiastes 5:10...

Really? "the money comes back"? By 2019 a YRC employee that has been with the company for the entire MOU period from 2009 will have given back close to $100,000 in earned pay . Even if the MOU does go away and YRC does stay in business, that money is forever gone..If YRC does close, that money is still gone - and the exexutives say, "Thank you very much. We appreciate your multi- billion dollar contributions to our retirements. Rest assured that your money will be put to good use buying our muli-million dollar estates, yachts and luxurious lifestyles. SUCKERS."
"The corporation is a TRUE Frankenstien monster - an artificial "person" run amok, responsible only to it's own soulless self.".......
William Duggar - management analyst .
"He who allows oppression, shares in the crime" .......Erasmus Darwin
Well said Henry. Straight from manage and screw 101.

Paddle your own canoe....BRG Patel Consulting....

gG1iJhz.jpg

BRG: Dammit Wong!! Paddle away from the sun!! Two freckles popped up on my cheeks!!

Guess none of them ever read Ecclesiastes 5:10...
Very good quote (had to look it up) "Whoever loves money never has enough" I guess the same apply to those that have power and influence to control other peoples lives and their wages. Money and power is addictive. Those that have it or want more of it will step on anybody to get more. It's easier that way than actually having to work for it.

Very good quote (had to look it up) "Whoever loves money never has enough" I guess the same apply to those that have power and influence to control other peoples lives and their wages. Money and power is addictive. Those that have it or want more of it will step on anybody to get more. It's easier that way than actually having to work for it.

The last sentence of the verse in the version I have (Holman Christian Standard) is very apt. It says "This too is futile."