FedEx Freight | Yrc to not compete in the next day market sector????????

FIRE IN THE WIRE

TB Lurker
Credits
If anyone could give out more details but i heard yrc's upcoming change of operations this year includes them of laying their next day service to rest for good and not compete in that market anymore.......not sure if it's true or not?????????????????

They can't compete in the next-day market as it is, so why bother? I've seen their service map and out of Atlanta there are points in GA that are 2 day! Seems kinda dumb to get out of it since a majority of LTL freight is next-day. Can anyone say CF???

dont really see how Holland or Reddyway can do this on a national scale seeing how they are regional. didnt YRC buy USF to get into the nextday market. kinda waste of a few billion i see

I think its a smart move. I dont know what the plan is to try to move the freight to the regionals. Their linehaul system sounds like a mess.

YRC Freight, the Official new name is getting out of the over night service and concentrating on the 2-5 day service. There sister companies New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway will handle the over night service. One small problem with this scenario is Reddaway, New Penn, and Holland doesn't cover the states of ND, SD, NE, OK, NM, TX, LA, AR, FL, VA, They have one terminal in KS and GA, and two terminals in AL. I guess they plan to give this freight to other companies to deliver. That should make the customer happy when he's trying to track a shipment or file a claim.

They are coming for our choo choo freight. Fred might just give it to them, he really likes supporting the union, just not for us. Hmmmmmmm wonder why. Take freight from none union FedEx Freight employees and give to union railroad. Union good if Fred can make money with it, but bad if we might.:cuss:

YRC Freight, the Official new name is getting out of the over night service and concentrating on the 2-5 day service. There sister companies New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway will handle the over night service. One small problem with this scenario is Reddaway, New Penn, and Holland doesn't cover the states of ND, SD, NE, OK, NM, TX, LA, AR, FL, VA, They have one terminal in KS and GA, and two terminals in AL. I guess they plan to give this freight to other companies to deliver. That should make the customer happy when he's trying to track a shipment or file a claim.
maybe they will expand their coverage with those regional opcos

They are coming for our choo choo freight. Fred might just give it to them, he really likes supporting the union, just not for us. Hmmmmmmm wonder why. Take freight from none union FedEx Freight employees and give to union railroad. Union good if Fred can make money with it, but bad if we might.:cuss:

do what ? something tells me you are just mad no matter what

I was wondering the same thing. How will they move next day here in the mid-west?
Like formerEdriver said, maybe expand the regional carriers?
But that would cost huge bucks and take a long time.
Sounds like a lot of freight is gonna be up for grabs in the middle of the map.

I wonder how they will hand off the business to the regionals.They assume they will keep the business,or at least the guys on the TB talk that way.

In the YRC forum one driver for YRC said he delivers Holland freight in an area that Holland doesn't service. So maybe If they don't have a regional carrier in a certain area YRC will interline for them

I wonder how they will hand off the business to the regionals.They assume they will keep the business,or at least the guys on the TB talk that way.

Yea I know. You can't just hand over an account to another carrier. The customer decides who to load.

If the shipper offers a next day skid to YRCF and they say "no", then it's up for grabs.