Holland | YRC vote, anyone else change there mind ?

carolinabooboo

TB Lurker
Credits
Okay guy's, I voted no for the concessions, but have changed my mind. I took the week off and went to work for ABF this week just to test the waters, I signed on as casual so I would be ready to go to work if YRC - USF Holland goes down, first let me say ABF is a great bunch of guy's, but , I will never take USF Holland for granted again, I love it, I will vote from now on whatever it takes for USF to survive. If you don't think it's a great job, go check out another one, I promise you will see things in a new light. I did

vote no chicago

Okay guy's, I voted no for the concessions, but have changed my mind. I took the week off and went to work for ABF this week just to test the waters, I signed on as casual so I would be ready to go to work if YRC - USF Holland goes down, first let me say ABF is a great bunch of guy's, but , I will never take USF Holland for granted again, I love it, I will vote from now on whatever it takes for USF to survive. If you don't think it's a great job, go check out another one, I promise you will see things in a new light. I did

Go back to ABF.

I can understand where he is coming from.
Longhaul is a different animal,when i went to Roadway from Red star it was a shock to open the door on a strip,it has to grow on you.

I saw guy's run out crying for thier mother's when they saw that they would be fighting with the load to get it out.

This will be us when YRCW get's done with us.
View attachment 106
I can't understand why you would choose no pension from yrcw versus ABF contributing,if ABF put me to work i would get to it,PENSION.

what a way to go out, crying like a baby.

I have hear similar things from several people from our terminal who have gone over there. Most of the complaints center around the disorganization. But they all say they liked the environment and the guys who work there.

yeah yeah, we're all going to hell. Tell me something I don't know.
If YRC survives this vote ABF will not be asking for concessions..they will be demanding concessions. Tell me..if YRC does go down how will ABF fund their own pension to keep it premium?

No wonder other members do not post on threads and just read them. The man was just saying he went to work for another company and missed his job at Holland. Of course the doom and gloom members had to bust him down. If you do not like your job..go somewhere else. I voted yes and I am laid off one week and work back on the next for 2 years now. I too have worked for other companies and would not jump ship on YRC. I enjoy my work. I take pride in my work, customers and co-workers. Just because people do not see eye to eye with your views, does not mean they are wrong. Now..Go ahead and bash me so I can go back to just reading threads and not posting. I enjoy reading the doom and gloom of the same posters.

No wonder other members do not post on threads and just read them. The man was just saying he went to work for another company and missed his job at Holland. Of course the doom and gloom members had to bust him down. If you do not like your job..go somewhere else. I voted yes and I am laid off one week and work back on the next for 2 years now. I too have worked for other companies and would not jump ship on YRC. I enjoy my work. I take pride in my work, customers and co-workers. Just because people do not see eye to eye with your views, does not mean they are wrong. Now..Go ahead and bash me so I can go back to just reading threads and not posting. I enjoy reading the doom and gloom of the same posters.

Thank you for posting !:1036316054:

Some say guys boast of voting no but secretly vote yes. Huh ? Why would they do that ? Is there some sort of pride about being dumb ? Like the bright kid in the ghetto who is ashamed to admit to being academically superior ? I voted yes and am quite happy to say so ! My mother didn't raise any idiots !

I did the exact same thing and came back after one month. Mainly because I could not collect partial unemployment on a LOA. ABF worked me 2 solid weeks then 2 days a week, too old to baby sit a phone when my family relies on my paycheck. If YRC shuts down I will be done with LTL altogether.

yeah yeah, we're all going to hell. Tell me something I don't know.
If YRC survives this vote ABF will not be asking for concessions..they will be demanding concessions. Tell me..if YRC does go down how will ABF fund their own pension to keep it premium?

That could be optimistic, they could close on monday (abf) because they won't be able to stay in business competing with this and their workers voted no already.

Some say guys boast of voting no but secretly vote yes. Huh ? Why would they do that ? Is there some sort of pride about being dumb ? Like the bright kid in the ghetto who is ashamed to admit to being academically superior ? I voted yes and am quite happy to say so ! My mother didn't raise any idiots !
Is that because she was a weight lifter and raised a dumb bell ?:dance:
sorry dude i just had to do it . just playin :bgroovy:

images

images

counts for
images

This is why were voteing.yrc knows you will take anything to keep your job. And what did they do go borrow another 350 million dollars.This company has lost over 2 billion dollars.They owe the pension fund 1 billion.They cant pay the bills paying no pension ,how do you think they will even pay the 25 percent they promised,thats right another stock swap.::1904:

This is why were voteing.yrc knows you will take anything to keep your job. And what did they do go borrow another 350 million dollars.This company has lost over 2 billion dollars.They owe the pension fund 1 billion.They cant pay the bills paying no pension ,how do you think they will even pay the 25 percent they promised,thats right another stock swap.::1904:

Nope.......... It will be another vote in April to extend the no pension for another year.... they will also ask to do away with all start times so they can compete with UPS work rules...... they'll also be asking for the bump for health to be only 10 cents... and be advertising this vote will be raising the health benefits contribution by 10 cents a hour!!.....and to save money on mechanics... we will have to change our own flats.. and of course they will get JR to tell us we NEED to vote YES again and slip him 50k under the table... 25k for his side kick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be optimistic, they could close on monday (abf) because they won't be able to stay in business competing with this and their workers voted no already.
With all due respect abf is not 1.2 billion in debt. Maybe you guys could wish ill will on a non union company instead of your fellow brothers & sisters, I had ten years with roadway seen the light & moved on. i voted no on abfs giveback if was a wage freeze or maybe 5% it would have flew but you have to draw a line and 15% was way too much. If abf goes out of business so be it i will go back to school & learn a different trade & you can to. What will they be asking for in the next giveback body organs ??????