Yellow | YRC Worldwide CEO Raises Threat Of Bankruptcy!

This is very sad! I am a retired YRC employee. Retired because I had to make a choice of retiring, being laid off, or relocating to a different state when YRCW downsized the Toledo Ohio facility. I also was a Roadway employee before YRCW hijacked Roadway. In 2008, prior to the hijacking, Roadway was a debt free company and Yellow was deep in debt .After the hijacking, Yellow upper management were put in place and still operate YRCW the same way that our government operates....yrcw is now billions of dollars in debt. I follow CCX and Fedex stocks and they continue to rise...maybe YRCW should be hanging out with those guys and learning how to do it right!

This is very sad! I am a retired YRC employee. Retired because I had to make a choice of retiring, being laid off, or relocating to a different state when YRCW downsized the Toledo Ohio facility. I also was a Roadway employee before YRCW hijacked Roadway. In 2008, prior to the hijacking, Roadway was a debt free company and Yellow was deep in debt .After the hijacking, Yellow upper management were put in place and still operate YRCW the same way that our government operates....yrcw is now billions of dollars in debt. I follow CCX and Fedex stocks and they continue to rise...maybe YRCW should be hanging out with those guys and learning how to do it right!

So you state your bitterness- I get that. But offer nothing as to a solution or plan for how to fix it? Since you are retired- What happens to your retirement if they close and tens of thousands hit the Pensions enmasse???

I believe that I did offer a solution...they need to find someone who is doing it right and figure out how they're doing it! Just like anyone who is successful in their personal life, if you want a successful marriage, hang with people who have successful marriages. If you want a successful business, make friends that have successful businesses. I realize what you're saying about the pension fund being hit with tens of thousands of new retirees, and you're absolutely right...it would more than likely bankrupt Central States if that were to happen....but, YRCW hasn't been part of the solution in a very long time! They haven't paid a dime into the pension fund since 2008. My point was that they could be profitable again if they got rid of upper management that is obviously just milking the company before it goes under.

I think you mean CSX (railroad) or CNW (Conway)