Yellow | YRC Worldwide considers how to handle costly pension obligations

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
4578467297_cfe0607d8e_m.jpg

While YRC Worldwide Inc. CEO Bill Zollars said the company is making headway in its comeback bid, he acknowledged that pension expenses loom as a hazard.“That’s the biggest single cost that would return to us in 2011,” Chairman and CEO Bill Zollars said during a Tuesday conference call to discuss YRC's first-quarter earnings.At the end of March, YRC had put off about $155 million of pension plan contributions. The deferral agreement ends at the end of the year, unless the company gets pension fund approval to extend them until the end of 2011, YRC said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing last week....................

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2010/05/03/daily22.html?ana=yfcpc

They are already talking about cutting out our pension for next year.Dollar Bill and JR want it all.How about Bill not taking a salary for a year?That would free up 4-7 million. :hyper:I have given up enough for something I did not screw up.

Well Abf is losing money but they arent taking a pension cut..........Maybe a 15% paycut which hasnt been passed but if they can make it then YRC can too.........STRIKE their butts if they try to pull this crap in Jan. 2011.........nuff said......... :chairshot:

STRIKE...U SAID STRIKE..THEM DAYS ARE LONG GONE..BROTHER...YRC STARTED THIS MESS WITH CONCESSIONS AND EVERYONE FOLLOWED..NOW ABF WILL TAKE THE PAY CUT, NEMF DID THE SAME..ALL UNION CARRIERS ALL IN BED WITH THE UNION....THEM STRIKE DAYS WERE FOR REAL MEN..NOT THESE SISSIY PANZIE TRUCK DRIVERS THESE DAYS..

THEY ALL TALK THE TALK...BUT NEVER WALK THE WALK.................ALL U HEAR IS WHERE WILL I WORK? WAAAAAAAAA
DRIVERS BACK IN THE DAYS STOOD UP FOR THEMSELVES AND HAD INTEGRITY AND VALUES AND MOST OF ALL A BACKBONE....IF UR A GOOD DRIVER YOU'LL FIND A GOOD JOB....NUFF SAID!!!!

I hate to admit it but I must a
gree with im. I started with yellow because of wage and pension. I can't vote yes !

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

[quote author=JPS link=topic=79822.msg826960#msg826960 date=1272999842]
How about some new faces in management !
Teamsters get ready to bend over again
[/quote]Yeah, the new management is coming from China and they are Capitalist too. Ready to give their new employees a Capital-beating if the workers don't do what they are told to do. Watch out for the ninjas applying those razor cuts. I wonder how our American/Vietnam War Vets that work for YRC will take to that?

[quote author=imovaherenow link=topic=79822.msg826983#msg826983 date=1273004785]
STRIKE...U SAID STRIKE..THEM DAYS ARE LONG GONE..BROTHER...YRC STARTED THIS MESS WITH CONCESSIONS AND EVERYONE FOLLOWED..NOW ABF WILL TAKE THE PAY CUT, NEMF DID THE SAME..ALL UNION CARRIERS ALL IN BED WITH THE UNION....THEM STRIKE DAYS WERE FOR REAL MEN..NOT THESE SISSIY PANZIE TRUCK DRIVERS THESE DAYS..

THEY ALL TALK THE TALK...BUT NEVER WALK THE WALK.................ALL U HEAR IS WHERE WILL I WORK? WAAAAAAAAA
DRIVERS BACK IN THE DAYS STOOD UP FOR THEMSELVES AND HAD INTEGRITY AND VALUES AND MOST OF ALL A BACKBONE....IF UR A GOOD DRIVER YOU'LL FIND A GOOD JOB....NUFF SAID!!!!
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OK...this is just MY opinion on this.....IF, they ask for an extension on the pension deferments in 2011, the employees will get to vote again!

Now stop and think for a second....There was a vote on the 10% cut....that did not work....then they asked for another 5%, AND pension deferments....they were not able to pay into it anyway....and since that last vote, they have been treating the employees like ::shit::....writing up workers for dumbass reasons...wasting money due to **** poor dispatching by CDO... etc...etc...etc....NOW....do you think for a minute that if put to another vote to extend the deferments after the way they have treated their employees (WHO NOW OWN PART of the company) that it will pass???....I'm Just Sayin".KK

[quote author=imovaherenow link=topic=79822.msg826983#msg826983 date=1273004785]

[/quote]noffa is up for election in 2011 time for to go

[quote author=wild thing link=topic=79822.msg826966#msg826966 date=1273001208]
They are already talking about cutting out our pension for next year.Dollar Bill and JR want it all.How about Bill not taking a salary for a year?That would free up 4-7 million. :hyper:I have given up enough for something I did not screw up.
[/quote] vote no on hoffa re election in 2011 he must goooooooooooooooo

from all the rumors i hear that they are letting frieght sitting around and have too little man power, they might just be doing that so it continues to look worst that it can be so they can really stay away from this pension obligation or do what ever they can to destroy it. :hissy:

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79822.msg827031#msg827031 date=1273014926]
Only 23,000 union workers left. Amazing!
[/quote]Forgot to count in the 15 million illegals that are represented by the SEIU. Sterns and Hoffa put that together. So I don't think 23,000 Teamsters will be able to vote out 15 million other union members.

All I know is that yrc will prolong the pension deferrals as long as possible.dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that.as the economy and freight gain ground.how can they keep a lid on it.something has to give.I believe we've given too much rope.is there a turning point?a bottom line figured in?

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=79822.msg827024#msg827024 date=1273013631]
OK...this is just MY opinion on this.....IF, they ask for an extension on the pension deferments in 2011, the employees will get to vote again!

Now stop and think for a second....There was a vote on the 10% cut....that did not work....then they asked for another 5%, AND pension deferments....they were not able to pay into it anyway....and since that last vote, they have been treating the employees like ::shit::....writing up workers for dumbass reasons...wasting money due to **** poor dispatching by CDO... etc...etc...etc....NOW....do you think for a minute that if put to another vote to extend the deferments after the way they have treated their employees (WHO NOW OWN PART of the company) that it will pass???....I'm Just Sayin".KK
[/quote]I totally agree with your take on this question. But, my answer would be YES, it would pass. Because we are surrounded by people who don't even have the "onions" to file a grievance when they get screwed over. They will go out on the dock and complain to everyone else, hoping that they can find someone that has a "set" large enough to stand up for their cause. This is what the membership has become. Just a bunch of sheep. When it comes to another pension vote, they will believe all of the rhetoric from the Union and the Company, and Yes, it would pass. My opinion.

If an "updated MOU" regarding the pension is negotiated again, extend the LOA along with it and change the language to where it is clear that if you are not in the LTL business, you are entitled to the LOA.
The whole reason I was with CF then Roadway/YRC was not the night work, the on-call BS, it was the pension.

No Pension...NO WORK!!

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=79822.msg827024#msg827024 date=1273013631]

[/quote]

If YRC cries poor, and it looks like they already are, would you vote yes for another deferral of a year or go to whatever they call those meetings with all the locals and try to sell it to the members? I say it doesn't matter what is given to YRC and when the contract is up everyone ought to just work with no contract.

i'll tell ya i listened to the teamster meeitng with the abf union brothers...and tyson johnson wAs doing his TOMMY 2 step AGAIN....CMON TYSON GIVE US ALL A FREAKN BREAK...ADMIT IT THE UNION IS BROKEN AND GONE...BIG BUSINESS HAS KILLED THE UNION...GREAT JOB GIVING IN, GREAT JOB RIDNG HE WAVE, GREAT JOB BEING COMPLACENT, GREAT JOB GETTING RICH OFF THE BACKS OF HARD WORKERS..TYPICAL PONZI THINKING...AND BACKROOM HANDSHAKES...