Yellow | YRC Worldwide-Could Further Consolidation Lead To A Buyout By UPS?

I got positive proof yesterday that UPS is looking to buy us. Caught this image. Why else would both trailers be loaded on one railroad car? Definitely something going on! :hide:

kNVhG6D.jpg

No offense, but the reasons most "scabs" don't want to join the union have nothing to do with that. What have the Teamsters negotiated for you lately? Because what most of us "scabs" and a number of your brothers see is a wide open concession stand.

Fix the leaky boat if you want people to come aboard. Most people don't see how union can help them.

And the attitude you take of referring to non-union drivers as scabs is something that non-union drivers don't appreciate. It makes you look like a pretentious snob. It'd be a vastly different, and more justified, case if a non-union driver worked in a union shop, but blanketing everyone that isn't a brother as a scab just makes people not
I got positive proof yesterday that UPS is looking to buy us. Caught this image. Why else would both trailers be loaded on one railroad car? Definitely something going on! :hide:

kNVhG6D.jpg
Company's use other Co trailers when they to move traIles or freight .abf does it all the time.don't get your panties in a bunch

No one's panties are in a bunch. Apparently you missed seeing the :hide: symbol at the end of the post which usually indicates "humor" or "tongue-in-cheek". Just saying. :smile new:
Speaking of humor...although this was no laughing matter over 3 years ago, and who knows? Anything can happen behind those boardroom doors!
YRC confirms bid to buy Arkansas Best; source says YRC made a preliminary offer of $18 per share
http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/20130509-yrc-confirms-bid-to-buy-arkansas-best/
:stirthepot:

kNVhG6D.jpg
True ,because my cousin Vinny works the R.R. and he says they never mix company trailers ,unless they are owned by same parent company

Ups isn't stupid. This type of thing would be worked out and voted on before any purchase.
There is NO WAY our Teamsters of 20 years is going to let a two year rookie who had a union handed to him have more seniority than him.
They might run us separately but they know damn good and well we wouldn't end tail.

I was on your picket line at Overnite watching most of your work force cross the picket line after voting for a union.That is the true definition of a scab.
I agree with you on seniority falcon. But you know UPS and their buddy IBT does their deals. On package side they can hire a feeder driver off street and he would be senior to a package driver if h/she made the switch to feeder. Maybe cause of job classification change I just don't agree with it.

I have a contract. I drive for myself, I get paid at the end of the trip. I save for my own retirement. I depend on exactly nobody else to decide for me how it all turns out.

I didn't need a union or a collective bargaining agreement to get me any of that. That doesn't mean that I don't believe the Teamsters don't have their place in representing those who can't represent themselves... I just think they ought to be doing a better job of doing that, instead of all the excuses the people in charge keep making for why it all has to suck for the members.

If I thought being a union driver would benefit me, I'd join. It's just that simple. And I can assure you that I'm not alone in thinking that. The rest of the industry is watching, because without the Teamsters being around it'd be a race to the bottom and we all know it. With things as uncertain as they are, people will play it safe.
what are the wages, health insurance, retirement and grievance rights did you bargain for in your contract? if it's better than what we have, you can represent us next contract.

I agree with you on seniority falcon. But you know UPS and their buddy IBT does their deals. On package side they can hire a feeder driver off street and he would be senior to a package driver if h/she made the switch to feeder. Maybe cause of job classification change I just don't agree with it.

They have had that in their contract for a long time .
1- I can't understand how IBT would even consider that.Its definitely not a deal breaker.

2- I can't understand why UPS would even want to do that, other than to jab a thorn into their workers.

The reason for the seniority being this way at upgf is overnight was that way. Also a bottom road driver has to eat crap pie for a few years p&d doesn't eat as much. If you wish to be a road driver then be one if you want p&d do that. Just don't try to jump back and forth.