Yellow | YRC Worldwide-Could Further Consolidation Lead To A Buyout By UPS?

Especially when a Scab (Strikebreaker) is someone who crosses a picket line to do the work of those on strike. That's what a Scab is and not a nonunion worker.

I remember back in the 80's Roadway dispatched me (I was a road driver calling in for instructions with an empty enroute back home) to pick up at one of their customers. When I arrived and saw they were on strike I called dispatch and was informed it was okay as other companies were crossing the picket line. I hung up and came on in with an empty trailer. Dispatch started to chew me out when I did that and I stopped him and said "you want me to call the Local about this?" Conversation was then over.
When I first started delivering freight in the early seventies, I brought back a delivery because
of a picket line. My boss told me the next day it was alright to cross it. So I stopped in front of the picket line and was approached by a striker. I told him what my boss said, and the striker told me: Son, you don't want to do that. Tell your boss we threatened you. They didn't threaten me but I told my boss they did. Not another word was said to me about that delivery. That striker gave me some very good advice about picket lines.

You guys
http://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics/yrcs-zollars-apologizes-teamsters-hoffa_20090722.html
YRC's Zollars Apologizes to Teamsters, Hoffa
July 22, 2009

YRC Worldwide Chairman, President and CEO apologized not once but twice to Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa and union employees.

The first apology came after an article in the July 20 Kansas City Business Journal reported Zollars as saying YRC’s nonunion workers probably won’t take further cuts in pay proposed for union workers.

“YRC is committed to the principle of ‘equal sacrifice’ and will require that our nonunion employees take as much, if not more, cuts in wages and benefits as provided by our union employees,” Zollars wrote in a July 21 letter to Hoffa and YRC employees.

The company’s union workers are voting on a proposed 15 percent wage cut and 18-month blackout on pension contributions. Ballots are due Aug. 6.

Zollars then apologized for a suggestion on the FAQ section of YRC’s Web site that savings from the proposed wage and benefit cuts would be passed on to shippers.

“The intent of the cost savings is to provide the companies with sufficient operating cash to survive the worst economic recession in recent history,” he said in the letter.

He also retracted an July 20 announcement that YRC would enter a home-delivery alliance with Specialized Transportation, or STI, linking YRC’s LTL network with STI’s “final mile” home and office delivery service.

“YRC will not subcontract bargaining unit work” in violation of its contract or its new agreement with the Teamsters, which gives the union more of a say in its operations, Zollars said.

"We recognize that, with more than 8,000 Teamsters on lay-off, residential delivery work must be offered to the bargaining unit."

Contact William B. Cassidy at [email protected].

nOgX0ga.jpg

Trust me!
:17113:
You guys know who owns STI??? I will give you a hint... Wong and I run part time team for them on weekends.....

When I first started delivering freight in the early seventies, I brought back a delivery because
of a picket line. My boss told me the next day it was alright to cross it. So I stopped in front of the picket line and was approached by a striker. I told him what my boss said, and the striker told me: Son, you don't want to do that. Tell your boss we threatened you. They didn't threaten me but I told my boss they did. Not another word was said to me about that delivery. That striker gave me some very good advice about picket lines.
I've stopped, not crossed many times. And watched as UPS Package drivers zipped right across....

Sounds like the perfect job.
I wouldn't complain if I made a little more money doing what I do. But then, wouldn't we all like a few more dollars in our pockets?

For me, getting a raise depends on the health of the company. Day & Ross is owned by McCain Foods and is their primary service provider in Canada and, where possible, in the US, along with a contracted LTL partnership with R&L. They also operate truckload and climate control services coast to coast. There's express courier and air freight through their subsidiary Sameday Worldwide. Lastly, they have a dedicated logistics division as well as owning logistics and cross dock carrier Ottoway Motor Express.

90% of that freight is available to drivers at Day & Ross Freight. We operate all lanes as needed except for the dedicated logistics division, who runs their own freight, and Ottoway operates their own logistics freight with only overflow coming to us. I generally run time-sensitive LTL and express freight, but it's nice to know there's literally hundreds of loads of all types to keep me busy and the company profitable. The better they do, the better I do.

I wouldn't complain if I made a little more money doing what I do. But then, wouldn't we all like a few more dollars in our pockets?

For me, getting a raise depends on the health of the company. Day & Ross is owned by McCain Foods and is their primary service provider in Canada and, where possible, in the US, along with a contracted LTL partnership with R&L. They also operate truckload and climate control services coast to coast. There's express courier and air freight through their subsidiary Sameday Worldwide. Lastly, they have a dedicated logistics division as well as owning logistics and cross dock carrier Ottoway Motor Express.

90% of that freight is available to drivers at Day & Ross Freight. We operate all lanes as needed except for the dedicated logistics division, who runs their own freight, and Ottoway operates their own logistics freight with only overflow coming to us. I generally run time-sensitive LTL and express freight, but it's nice to know there's literally hundreds of loads of all types to keep me busy and the company profitable. The better they do, the better I do.
That's good that your making a living a a O
Sounds like the perfect job.
Want to be a Owner Operator

Ya... I had it all the way around. Now I am just content at home. Work. Just gets frustrating as the week goes. No anger. No Resentment. Just frustration. But I am going in early to get me some of that!
Brother,We are all in the same boat,The ones that hold us back we will throw them overboard,or forsce them to walk the plank.It's not about the voyage it's about the journey.We are all on the ship of fools.

Brother,We are all in the same boat,The ones that hold us back we will throw them overboard,or forsce them to walk the plank.It's not about the voyage it's about the journey.We are all on the ship of fools.
Yes. I do understand we are all in the same boat so I really do not feel alone in this.
Just sail on until the voyage is over. That's the hard part. Not knowing when it will be over.

That's good that your making a living a a O
Want to be a Owner Operator
I am actually not an owner operator. I drive someone else's truck. My only responsibility to my job is to get the freight from place to place safely. The reason why my raise depends on the company is because the truck owner gets a raise that is passed in part to me according to contract.

My interaction with the freight is my interaction with the company. My interaction with the truck in regards to maintenance is with the owner. Outside of that, my job is to drive the truck.

Hahaha.....

Ups doesn't want anything to do with the dysfunctional YRC. Why in someone's name would they want all of our problems?
Many times those at the top are oblivious about what is going on in the trenches at other companies (and even their own companies for that matter). i e ABF buys Carolina Carriers September 25, 1995 and what did they get? Carolina used to buy all of ABF's used road tractors and convert them to city units, their trailer fleet was aged and in disrepair, much of the freight that they loved was garbage that ABF would not haul at the going rate.

Sunday a ex- Roadway employee that has been gone for 10 years or so stopped at the terminal to take a picture of the seniority list to see where they would end up in a dove tail.
He works at UPS Freight.
I hope they hurry!

Sunday a ex- Roadway employee that has been gone for 10 years or so stopped at the terminal to take a picture of the seniority list to see where they would end up in a dove tail.
He works at UPS Freight.
I hope they hurry!
You have nothing to worry about because If UPS buys you out it's in our contract that no dovetail takes place. That's right current employees seniority will supercede your seniority.

You have nothing to worry about because If UPS buys you out it's in our contract that no dovetail takes place. That's right current employees seniority will supercede your seniority.
Will our new uniforms be brown, yellow, orange, and blue???