Yellow | YRC Worldwide In Discussions With IBT!

Survey? Vote? Get real....these MF'rs obviously have a deal in place and we the voting members will have to take whatever these C..ks....e'rs say............

The YRC press release sounds awfully confident.......wonder why????? Oh wait, there are negotiations ongoing.................

My local says no extension as is. They want snap back clauses, no further cuts, and for YRCW to stop being idiots with money. They also mentioned yearly raises.

My local says no extension as is. They want snap back clauses, no further cuts, and for YRCW to stop being idiots with money. They also mentioned yearly raises.

I had an arbitrator tell me years ago that, "the company has the right to be stupid."

I had an arbitrator tell me years ago that, "the company has the right to be stupid."
And that goes with every part of their operation! I can remember telling the Co Labor Rep that while I can't tell the Co how to run their operation I can sure as hell make them pay! Stupid is as stupid does!
Anybody remember the looney toon named Pete Puma? AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE! That about sume's it up!

Of course the IBT is going to say yes negotiate bargain etc ,do U think they will want to lose 25K in dues paying members? All about $$$$$$$$!:usa:

Spoke to my BA about the conference call, he said the general concensus was ok to talk about extending the MOU but absolutly no more concessions.

Worldwide, Inc.(NASDAQ:YRCW) CEO James Welch asked union bosses to extend a labor accord into 2019 to aid the struggling trucker in its effort to refinance its debt, Bloomberg reports. "Our lenders will not refinance our debt unless we have a five-year agreement along with an improved cost structure and operational performance," YRC's presentation read.YRC delayed its earnings release to Nov. 12 due to meetings with the Teamsters Union in which the company asked the group to reduce absenteeism and provide predictable future wage/benefit increases. The company faces a grim fate, and is using it as a bargaining chip. A graph in the presentation depicted 2 options - the first refinancing, the second a truck driving off a cliff.

Race To The Bottom?!

Spoke to my BA about the conference call, he said the general concensus was ok to talk about extending the MOU but absolutly no more concessions.
Press release from YRCW says "The company is looking to extend the current contract for 5 years from ratification AND achieve cost savings for YRC Freight, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn." It's my understanding that once you "reopen the contract", EVERYTHING is on the table! That's what "re-negotiations" are all about. A new MOU will be renegotiated, and presented to YRCW Teamster employees for a vote. You will vote YES to work for the next 5 years under the terms and conditions of the new MOU. I would imagine that if you vote NO, that you would be automatically authorizing a strike. Remember what happened to ABF employees recently on their National Contract. The race to the bottom continues in the IBT Freight Division!

:17:

Since we dont get much info from our union and when we do its half truths or a flat out lie.Sooo why doesnt the union and the company (They are one in each other) just bring forth the banker representatives and let those pros tell us the truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

i bet will get same raises we have gotten they'll want some work rules changed and maybe throw a bone of some type are way regardless
if it gets voted down they will close the doors they wont go back to the table either
something to think hard about the 1.4 billion debt guys.................. you think the major banks cant lose that kind of money YES THEY CAN
between the 3 banks or 4 that's only 400 million give or take they will lose

the BANKS HAVE GOTTEN THERE MONEY thru interest, convertible notes, restructuring fees there prefer shares they converted to common at 11.00 and 32.00 dollars so the will just write it off as a paper lose. YRC/YRCW isn't hiding money........secondly for all that still think they had the money to buy ABF NO they didn't a third party one of the debt holders was going to give the money SO ASK YOURSELF AT YOUR AGE............. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND A BETTER JOB, GIVE UP YOUR VACATION TIME START OVER AT THE BOTTOM REMEBER ABF NEW CONTRACT ALSO 2 YEARS TO GET ONE WEEK
PLUS WE GO UNDER ABF WONT HAUL MUCH OF ARE FRIEGHT IT DOSENT PAY AS MUCH AND ITS NOT FUN FRIEGHT TO HANDLE SO THERE WONT BE A TON OF JOB OFFERS FROM ABF I BELIEVE

AND SADLY HOW MANY WILL GO BANKRUPT GOOD LUCK ITS A TOUGH SPOT ITS ALL IN TIME LIKE POKER
AND REMMBER THEY HAVE BEEN DOWN SIZING TO CLOSE THE DOORS RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES
AND SADLY IF THIS GOES THRU I BET THEYLL HAVE ANOTHER CHANGE AND ELIMNATE MORE JOBS CAUSE MOST WONT MOVE