Yellow | Yrc Worldwide Inc. (yrcw) Ceo Darren Hawkins On Q1 2019 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Darren Hawkins Finally, a key component to our 2019 and 2020 strategy to improve profitability through network efficiencies is our network optimization plan. As I mentioned earlier, we have optimization visibility across all four carriers. And late last fall, we appointed Scott Ware to a newly created position of Chief Network Officer. In this role, Scott is leading the new holistic view of our network and has been executing on ways we can create efficiencies across all of our companies.

Scott also continues to serve as the President of Holland. He's been in the industry more than 30 years and has earned a solid reputation as a smart creative operator, a strong leader and has extensive network experience across all of our companies.

In our initial assessment, the network optimization team identified 15 to 20 terminals for cohabitation over the coming months. Approximately half of the identified terminals are under lease and should provide us cost reductions. The remaining terminals have a current market value of approximately $20 million to $25 million, which will provide additional liquidity for technology and equipment investments.

We are just scratching the surface on this initiative and believe there is a lot more ahead. We accomplished what we set out to do by obtaining approval for a national labor agreement that is good for our employees, our customers and our shareholders.

I feel confident that our strategic roadmap is setting YRCW up for success in the years ahead. As always I would like to thank all members of the YRC Worldwide team for their continued efforts to meet our customers' needs and expectations each and every day.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single
:bananapartyhat:

while OD continues to buy land and build terminals to set themselves up for future growth, YRCW, cuts growth prospects by shoving several of there operateing companys..regional and long haul... into one usually out-dated junk terminal, trying desperately to find a way to make some profit...oh yea, than they can sell thoses good terminals and pump there quarterly earnings up, like they did with YRC freight last 4th quarter with selling Carlisle...