New Penn | YRC Worldwide Increases Revenue Over 40%

Good post, did I read this correctly or did the regional group operate at about a 97????

Considering NEW Penn, Holland and the other regionals are in that group that is not good??

New Penn used to operate in the high 80's and Holland used to operate around 92 or so.

Something is very wrong...

If you look at 2005 which was NPME only and 2006 which included the USF group, they lost over 10points in OR.

Just goes to show how great an operation NPME was running and maybe why their president stepped down.

Friend of the frog said:
If you look at 2005 which was NPME only and 2006 which included the USF group, they lost over 10points in OR.

Just goes to show how great an operation NPME was running and maybe why their president stepped down.
Easy to explain. New Penn 89 Reddway 90 Holland 93 Bestway 108= 95% O/R 2nd quarter will be 93 or better. Maybe YRC will resolve Bestway's labor issue's and they will get on track. GRIZZ

That would only work if all the companies were equally divided in revenue. NPME and HMES are responsible for over 65% or Yellow regional revenue. Bestway could not bring the OR that far.

Well so much for taking the 4 co. o/r's and doing the division. FOTF please tell me how the 95 o/r is arrived at in the article. If Bestways #'s are a non-factor, then Reddaway's would not be a factor either. So what are you saying? I believe I know. GRIZZ

What you would need to do is take the revenue from all the companies and add it up. Then you take the total operating expenes and you divide the two totals.

The breakdown would be as follows :
HMES numbers would have the greatest impact
Next would come NPME. Then Reddaway. Bestaway.

Now where things get tricky are with Dugan expenses, because I am sure there were Dugan write offs for the first quarter and quite possibly the Red Star settlement.

The Red Star settlement was only a drop in the pan compared to the revenue generated, but losses are losses.

My comment wasn't meant as a knowck against USF. It was more of a pat on the back of NPME.

You know Frog your typing sure does remind me of the late D.O. I left out one important factor, operating expenses. New Penn is worthy of all the back-slapping they can get. Brothers keep selling that Texas frt. Looks like it's picking-up in the Lone Star state. Who knows about Reddaway, they never visit. Grizz

it has been amazing to see the number of customers jumping on the "partnership" freight bandwagon.

this thing is so big they can make anyones numbers look the way they want yellow is moving in with holland in albany paying $18000 a month making albanys or look great then yellow reaps the profit they also said they would be selling off proporties old redstar dugan but wont make a dent in the debt they have

owlpuss said:
this thing is so big they can make anyones numbers look the way they want yellow is moving in with holland in albany paying $18000 a month making albanys or look great then yellow reaps the profit they also said they would be selling off proporties old redstar dugan but wont make a dent in the debt they have
It's nothing but a numbers game:duh: They can do magic with the pencils they use:bgroovy: Redstar showed a profit the year before they shut them down because of the sale of their Newark term...CRAZY