Yellow | YRC Worldwide posts operational update

10 years and still the debt is not paid. Its going to be used again to keep that 15 to 20% going indefinitely. I see a lot of my neighbors driving new suv's and new cars. Im not sure if they have mortgage payments but I do know that they just got a bill in the mail that doubled the school taxes.

Which of your neighbors is likely to have a newer, more expensive car? The one still paying off a huge mortgage or the one with his mortgage paid off?
Good question but while paying off my mortgage I didn't feed my kids 15% less to do so. It was the YRCW management that went on a drunk spending spree. It's the labor that's paying for it.

They we never ever pay down the DEBT ,as its a way to control the SHEEP & keep them voting yes and HAPPY that I can do my part and donate -15% weekly for the cause ............................. and plus they need lot's of DEBT for the 2019 ponzi contract talks !!!!

They we never ever pay down the DEBT ,as its a way to control the SHEEP & keep them voting yes and HAPPY that I can do my part and donate -15% weekly for the cause ............................. and plus they need lot's of DEBT for the 2019 ponzi contract talks !!!!

They have paid down the debt, while purchasing and leasing new equipment, to the tune of 8,000 trailers and a relative number of power units.

This bodes well for labor, in that positive cash flow has been attained despite poor managing and our poor work habits.

Because terminals are leased, property improvements and upgrades fall on owners and do not effect bottom line.

Corporate will determine a pool of money available for dispersal, divisible by our representatives at negotiations.

Quit speaking in general terms and state EXACTLY what you want. Give it serious thought and decide what you are willing to fight for and what you are willing to accept on all levels.

Begin by rescinding all past sacrifices and terms of the MOU.

YRC Worldwide Provides Quarter-To-Date Operating Data for Third Quarter 2018

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3389643-yrc-worldwide-posts-operational-update

:bananapartyhat:
“For YRC's regional segment, tonnage per day decreased approximately 6.3% in July and dropped 3.4% in August. Quarter-to-date revenue per hundredweight increased approximately 8.3% compared to a year ago. Revenue per shipment increased approximately 11.3% quarter-to-date.“
While it’s good to hear the revenue per shipment increased the drop in tonnage has to be questioned.

I can’t speak on holland but at NP the freight has overtaken the dock, there’s full trap trailers everywhere and peddle runs are running over full everyday and coming in fully loaded from pick ups, their even running some Saturday deliveries. everyone there is questioning where the hell its all coming from.

“For YRC's regional segment, tonnage per day decreased approximately 6.3% in July and dropped 3.4% in August. Quarter-to-date revenue per hundredweight increased approximately 8.3% compared to a year ago. Revenue per shipment increased approximately 11.3% quarter-to-date.“
While it’s good to hear the revenue per shipment increased the drop in tonnage has to be questioned.

I can’t speak on holland but at NP the freight has overtaken the dock, there’s full trap trailers everywhere and peddle runs are running over full everyday and coming in fully loaded from pick ups, their even running some Saturday deliveries. everyone there is questioning where the hell its all coming from.

Our EoL is behind offering Saturday & Sunday work. Glad to see greater profit per shipment and per hundred weight.

They have paid down the debt, while purchasing and leasing new equipment, to the tune of 8,000 trailers and a relative number of power units.

This bodes well for labor, in that positive cash flow has been attained despite poor managing and our poor work habits.

Because terminals are leased, property improvements and upgrades fall on owners and do not effect bottom line.

Corporate will determine a pool of money available for dispersal, divisible by our representatives at negotiations.

Quit speaking in general terms and state EXACTLY what you want. Give it serious thought and decide what you are willing to fight for and what you are willing to accept on all levels.

Begin by rescinding all past sacrifices and terms of the MOU.
EXACTLY , what I want ?? the -15% back & weeks vac back & matching 401-K & limit on forced overtime hours , that would be a good start for 2019 and also they have paid debt pay down does way less then the -15% paid on by us driver's ,while Upper Management stayed at full pay , they did not donate there -15% wages to help save the company like we are still doing !

10 years and still the debt is not paid. Its going to be used again to keep that 15 to 20% going indefinitely. I see a lot of my neighbors driving new suv's and new cars. Im not sure if they have mortgage payments but I do know that they just got a bill in the mail that doubled the school taxes.
Rather drive junk and live in a paid off house.
Working on the paid off house thingy.
I have a 22 year old car.
A 14 year old car.
A 8 year old grandkids van.
And a reliable 3 year old pickup.
Low payment. But workin on getting it paid off.
Hate car payments.. Had to do it cause the 23 year old pickup. Work truck. Was dying a slow death. Had over 300 grand on it. Went through two kids and one engine. Got my money's worth outta that one.
Only bought one new car in my life.
Still have it. Looks new. But it's 22.
House is definitely more important at my age.
I don't care what I drive as long as they are reliable.
And that is all I have to say. (for now) :stirthepot::woot2:

Ya. The ten years and still in debt thing is stupid
No other company on this earth could get away with it.
Why? Principle.
But like I have said in other posts.
As long as the checks keep coming I'll still keep going.

Rather drive junk and live in a paid off house.
Working on the paid off house thingy.
I have a 22 year old car.
A 14 year old car.
A 8 year old grandkids van.
And a reliable 3 year old pickup.
Low payment. But workin on getting it paid off.
Hate car payments.. Had to do it cause the 23 year old pickup. Work truck. Was dying a slow death. Had over 300 grand on it. Went through two kids and one engine. Got my money's worth outta that one.
Only bought one new car in my life.
Still have it. Looks new. But it's 22.
House is definitely more important at my age.
I don't care what I drive as long as they are reliable.
And that is all I have to say. (for now) :stirthepot::woot2:

Ya. The ten years and still in debt thing is stupid
No other company on this earth could get away with it.
Why? Principle.
But like I have said in other posts.
As long as the checks keep coming I'll still keep going.

Corporations carry long term debt all the time. YRCW's problem is the large amount of debt due to the leveraged buyouts of Roadway and USF.

Here is what I want in the contract, to be paid like the other ltl carriers, we are the lowest paid on the street, a matching 401k no more union pension because its insolvent- my hours are paying for someone else and Ill never get to collect a penny, a week of vacation added before 10 years you get 2 in 2 years and then have to wait to year 8 or 9 to get a third, while having to go up to 20 to get a 4th week.