Yellow | YRC Worldwide reduces loss in third quarter

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
YRC Worldwide Inc. reported a dramatic reduction in its losses for the third quarter as it benefitted from lower costs and a continued uptick in freight.

The Overland Park-based trucker (Nasdaq: YRCW) on Friday reported losing $61.7 million, or $1.33 a share, in the July-to-September period. By comparison, it lost $158.7 million, or $66.66 a share, during the same period a year ago. The year-ago figures were adjusted to reflect a one-for-25 reverse-stock split the company implemented at the end of September.

Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected a loss of $1.31 a share.

Revenue during the quarter fell 5 percent to $1.14 billion, meeting analysts’ expectations.....................

YRC Worldwide reduces loss in third quarter | Kansas City Business Journal

I'm confused here, wasn't his royal highna$$ claiming just this past week they'd show an 80 million dollar profit, ebtida? Can't imagine what they'll be(losses)2 worst quarters.

That headline makes it sound good, until you see that there was a 9 million loss in the 2nd quarter and now a 61 million in the 3rd

I'm confused here, wasn't his royal highna$$ claiming just this past week they'd show an 80 million dollar profit, ebtida? Can't imagine what they'll be(losses)2 worst quarters.

I can`t wait to hear his bull:::shit::: excuses next quarter!!!

wonder what the losses would be if they paid some of their bills instead of issueing worthless stocks as cash settlements

duh!! this time it's different..they payed 75M on the debt this Q

During the 1920's Henry Ford decreed that nobody who worked in his automobile plants should receive less than $5 a day for their labor. Conservatives labeled him "a traitor to his class" and despaired that rewarding labor at that level would bring about the destruction of the American economic system. Ford's response:

"People need to make $5 a day to afford to buy my cars."

If you add the logistics company we sold along with all the terminals and property sold we lost alot more than it looks like. Then you can deduct the 75mil we paid in debt most of it interest. WE are in big trouble with the 4th quarter being one of the slowest. Just hope the banks, bond holders and investors come up with there end of the deal.

YRCW) on Friday reported losing $61.7 million

loss of $35 million in the second quarter of this year.

YRC Worldwide reduces loss in third quarter

YRC sure is good at trucker math, only in the world of trucking can losing more money than last quarter be spun to a reduction by ignoring last quarter and using last year. YRC is as good as billy big rigger at the truckstop lunch counter bragging away how he is getting rich leased to PRIME.

duh!! this time it's different..they payed 75M on the debt this Q

During the quarter, YRC repaid $25 million in debt, sold $36 million in excess property, entered into $3 million in sale-leasebacks and sold most of its YRC Logistics business for $38.7 million, which was used to reduce debt.
YRC Worldwide reduces loss in third quarter | St. Louis Business Journal

That would sound good if they had earned the money to pay down debt, but they sold assets they already had in hock so gained no ground.

The other sad thing is if yrc was paying fully into the pension the losses would be higher then last year's 3rd quarter. you would add 150 million to that. last year was 166 mill so this year would be 212 mill if they had to make the pension payment

divided by 25,000 employee's = $2480 per employee divided by 13 weeks in a quarter= $190 a week lost per employee and they aren't funding the pension fund.
Well surely each employee can come up with the $2480 to kick in the kitty along with all the other gifts. You all must have some unused stuff laying around you can sell on Craigslist. I'm surprised "Zollars the Clown" hasn't thought of it yet.