Yellow | YRC Worldwide Schedules Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Conference Call

C.F had more freight than they could handle.Revenue driven instead of profit driven.
Is YRC going to shutdown on labor day too? I still remember when it happened at the Bridgeview terminal where the soccer stadium is now with the all the Police and security I'm still surprised no one went Postal.

CF wanted to shut down. YRC wants to survive, They are just can't figure out how to be profitable. I'm just too fed up to care anymore. Pay the rate or shut the gate. Sometimes tough love leads to better decisions.

So you compare getting a raise to committing *******? What a mindset.

Try improving your reading comprehension. Forcing a company to go out of business because you don't get everything you want is what I'm referring to, i.e., the "pay the rate or lock the gate" mentality. Finding a solution which benefits us while keeping the job going seems to me to be the right answer. But what the heck, let's shut them down, unionized trucking has been doing so well in recent years right?

I understand the difference and demanding a living wage is a far cry from your "*******" term. I think it's you that doesn't get it.

I understand the difference and demanding a living wage is a far cry from your "*******" term. I think it's you that doesn't get it.

OMG, I'll try one last time. The ******* metaphor is in regard to wanting to close a company down if they don't pay what someone wants as the "rate". Nothing in there about a "living wage". I'm done with this particular pissing match, think whatever you like and have a nice day.

CF was run into the ground and bankrupted deliberately after ConWay was up and running. The final part of that plan was the slap in the face to the Teamsters with the shut down on Labor Day. Could have shut it down on any other day. They picked Labor Day. It was part of the plan at CF.
There is no plan at YRCW.....for anything.
Your last sentence says everything that anyone needs to know.

Yrc was run by people that don’t have a clue about running a trucking company and this was done by design. You will see that Yrc contract demands are so outrageous that even Hoffa will say have to say no. Life at Yrc is about over get ready to move on.