Yellow | Yrc Worldwide Skids After Q2 Loss Blamed On Labor Dispute

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
YRC Worldwide (YRCW -22.1%) is on track to close at a seven and a half month low after posting a much larger than expected Q2 loss while revenues slipped 4% Y/Y to $1.27B.

YRC cites the labor strife that preceded a May agreement for much of the Q2 weakness, as CEO Darren Hawkins said the contract affected the company in several ways: "First, we saw declining revenues due to temporary customer concern surrounding the labor negotiation. Second, while the labor contract was ratified midway through May, the economic package was retroactive to April 1, [which] created cost headwinds that we were not fully able to offset during the quarter with revenue growth or cost savings."

Trucking and logistics names trade broadly lower: SAIA -1%, SNDR -1%, JBHT -1.4%, WERN -1.6%, CHRW -1.7%, ODFL -1.9%, HUBG -2.4%, XPO -3.6%, KNX -4.6%.

ERTjz3C.jpg

:fan:

They could have started the contract negotiations last year didn't have to wait until the last minute. Lets extend the contract and have a retro check so it seems like a bonus with newer workers getting bigger retro checks. This contract does nothing for workers between 3 and 14yrs just a $1.00hr raise they should have just added 5 more sick days instead of giving the vacation back so everyone gets extra time off. Personally I don't think YRC can afford this contract and we will be voting on a MOU by the end of the year.

They could have started the contract negotiations last year didn't have to wait until the last minute. Lets extend the contract and have a retro check so it seems like a bonus with newer workers getting bigger retro checks. This contract does nothing for workers between 3 and 14yrs just a $1.00hr raise they should have just added 5 more sick days instead of giving the vacation back so everyone gets extra time off. Personally I don't think YRC can afford this contract and we will be voting on a MOU by the end of the year.

Why are you concerned about a possible MOU? Aren't you now working someplace much better than YRCF?

Just calm down and repeat after me, "Do you want fries with that sir?"

Serenity NOW

Last edited by a moderator:
I think labor strife/dispute is a dumpster full of bull ::shit:: for an excuse.
Blame it on the Teamsters when the mou goes away. Typical scumbag management.

Oh wait there is no management at yrcw without the Teamsters paying for everything.
Did anyone really think management would act differently though? They've got an excuse now for every ::shit:: quarter, a new contract without an mou.

Last edited by a moderator:
jaloc has decided he is content in the world of YRCW. Starting at the bottom at UPS was intimidating and might have been a struggle. Something about a ‘bird in hand?’
I need steady work saving up so I can go to UPS the first few years are rough.