Yellow | YRC Worldwide (YRCW) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

Darren Hawkins -- Chief Executive Officer

The idea of having one of our current brands behind inline, behind another one of our brands at a customer's location is a difficult proposition. When you've got regional networks that can recover much quicker from winter storms, the national networks that still use a hub-and-spoke system, those things become glaringly apparent during stressful times, like prolonged weather events that happen in parts of the country that aren't accustomed to. So when we put all that together, it just reinforces that our One Yellow strategy is exactly the right thing to do and the direction to go.

Jeff Kauffman -- Vertical Research Partners -- Analyst

All right. So at end of the day, we still have inefficiency and redundancy in the network. And you know, that may explain some of that difference and you've got these transition costs with the systems change over and those never go as smoothly as we'd all like to believe. Is that a fair assessment?

Darren Hawkins -- Chief Executive Officer

Yes, you did an excellent job summarizing that.

Say That Again Andy Richter GIF by Team Coco

Really winter storms ?? Then how can ABf post a profit , while paying higher wages and full pension payments ?? Riddle me that Darrren ?? https://arcb.com/about/news-events/press-releases/arcbestr-announces-first-quarter-2021-results

This is an easy answer. One carrier has experienced freight operators at the helm, the other has a revolving door of clowns. I’ll let you pick which is which.

Hell they’re so goddamned stupid they just picked a carpet hauler without a college degree to run the organization.

This is an easy answer. One carrier has experienced freight operators at the helm, the other has a revolving door of clowns. I’ll let you pick which is which.

Hell they’re so goddamned stupid they just picked a carpet hauler without a college degree to run the organization.
Maybe he will lead them back into those ever loving, order direct, home carpet deliveries? Would be good deck bar freight sitting up high to cube trailers.