R&L | yrc

I know this forum is an odd place for this but what is going on with YRC. I just looked at their stock, it is down to $3.18 (down 20% just today). I know they are struggling plus we are all dealing with this economy. I know some freinds of mine have been laid off recently. I hate to see anyone loose their job. However if things don't staighten up I think YRC may loose everything don't you? I hope this economy turns around soon, although I don't think it will. Good Luck Everyone!

The main thing is there is to many people doing the same jobs and here is a way to cut dead weight I think.I to hate to see anyone lose there job but something is going to happen one way or another.

Yellow's stocks been down for atleast a month now. Look at OD's got cut in half over the last month. (still not as bad as yellow). Well lets just keep plugging away to hope we have a place to go to every day.

If we get some managment to look at the dispatchers we could save a lot of driver hours and fuel. I'm guessing this is our number 1 and 2 expense. Get our sales force to do something and we may pull thru ok.

Called my salesman on the 7th with a customer wanting to give us more product but wanted to talk to him first. Went back on the 22nd customer asked AGAIN to have him call or stop by. WTF? Can we turn our back on local bussness? 3 miles from our yard clean 40x48x36.......

Yellow's stocks been down for atleast a month now. Look at OD's got cut in half over the last month. (still not as bad as yellow). Well lets just keep plugging away to hope we have a place to go to every day.

If we get some managment to look at the dispatchers we could save a lot of driver hours and fuel. I'm guessing this is our number 1 and 2 expense. Get our sales force to do something and we may pull thru ok.

Called my salesman on the 7th with a customer wanting to give us more product but wanted to talk to him first. Went back on the 22nd customer asked AGAIN to have him call or stop by. WTF? Can we turn our back on local bussness? 3 miles from our yard clean 40x48x36.......

Know what you do call Tim S at ext1228 in Wil and he can help get what our customers need.

I really dont think holland and the whole yrc company will go anywere. They will continue to suck all the money they can out of usf then sell them off and buy up somebody else and so on

I really dont think holland and the whole yrc company will go anywere. They will continue to suck all the money they can out of usf then sell them off and buy up somebody else and so on
Don't want to drag this thread out any longer but I agree. I know very little about the Preston/Yellow thing but after that happened I realized how screwed up the LTL industry is and that anything is possible!!!!!!

Anybody look at usf reddaway there well over half teamster on the west coast and more profitable then all the non union that's why YRC bought them to suck the money out of them. I honestly dont think YRC will keep the USF group to much longer before they get rid of them to help with there money problems

i agree on the leads. calling the hotline number on the business cards is much easier, and it seems the response is coming back much quicker. not to beat a dead horse, but it seems like the rate department has made some changes. everytime time i call the 800 hot quote number on the business card i get right through and they respond with good rates to get additional business.