Yellow | YRC's New Safety Training for the Drivers.

Spaghetti

TB Veteran
Credits
YRC is suppose to have one of these for each terminal soon. The driver foreman will be setting the options as each driver performs their safety training techniques. Remember, safety is #1, now it is time to prove what driver's really know.

YouTube - truck driving simulator

Is that beer in the can ? This guy looks inpaired !
Does he have a program to help sleep through some lot lizzard beating on the door ?

LOL!!! LOL!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Another is a series of safety JOKES!!!!
Wanna "Crash" safety course? Ok we start in Liz N.J. at oh, Around 7am with a set of pups. Try to make it to the N.B. "Joisey" pike to the G.W. bridge (A.K.A. THE GATES OF HELL!!) go down the corkscrew towards the Tri Bourgh. Remember to take the beloved " TRUCK RT" around the Elavated subway an onto the sides streets until you can get back on the so called "INTERSTATE" (HA-HA!)
Just for SH*^S & Giggles lets take the back streets to the Brooklyn terminal. Remember you can't go on Metropolitian Ave or get off at Morgan/Meeker anymore! Then come out (Remember this is rush hour in "DA CITY" and head for the Varenzonnos (Bad spelling sorry) to the 440 and back to Joisey. Do this without hitting anything or anyone (Like thoses guys have done for 30 + years and THEN talk to me about "safety"
Sorry but I have to roll on the floor and laugh my A#$ off some more!!
Oh and if offends the so called "Safety Dept" GOOD!

Last edited by a moderator:
In a past life (at Roadway), I had the opportunity to check one of these out. They are useful even though they may not simulate Brooklyn, Queens or North Jersey. I seriously doubt though you will see these at all terminals, they are terribly expensive to buy and the logistics of getting a mobile unit to 300+ facilities will be tough.

I heard YRC is starting up Smith System training again very soon. They are asking some of the Teamster drivers who taught it before if they are interested in teaching it again.

I hope they do, as well as getting back to all the other training that used to be done. Both the roads and the workplace are not getting safer on their own!

I heard YRC is starting up Smith System training again very soon. They are asking some of the Teamster drivers who taught it before if they are interested in teaching it again.

Smith system,
Nothing more than Insurance ind. standards to try to replace experance!
I drive using the "LEHIGH vALLEY" system!
It has only one rule, Ready? Ok, here it is---------------------------------------

LOOK OUT FOR # 1!!!!!!!! YOURSELF!
And I didn't need to sit with some loser for 8 hours to learn it!!!

You have to go through the Smith System already with the online quarterly training that is required.

You have to go through the Smith System already with the online quarterly training that is required.

Required?
Yes.
Worth a rats snotball?
NO!
If I want to learn anything about driving then I will pick my own heros! Not some self apponited safety___________________________! (Fill in the blank on this one folks, I might Pi#$ someone off!)

These guys arent worried about safety. All they want you to do is watch a movie then sign the paper saying you were trained, so they can use it against you when something happens.