Yellow | Yrcw National Contract 2019-2024

If it passes, mark my words, they’ll come back within the 5 year period, and ask for a pay cut again. This just limps them down the road a bit, till they think it’s the right time to pull it. Good luck to all.

I think so too, they need to turn a billion in profit over 5 years to pay for this. Don’t see how it will happen, even more so if the economy takes a ::shit::.

This is just my opinion but the only way to possibly have a positive outcome is to use the pension payments or possibly a 401k option to make YRC employee owned. The employees would then have voting rights as stockholders and a ownership attitude towards doing their jobs and running the company.

Three percent jump in rail and PTS :17113: 2014...The maximum amount of over-the-road
purchased transportation shall be limited to 6% (starting with Calendar Year 2014) of YRC Freight’s total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. In conjunction with using over-the-road purchase transportation providers, YRC Freight’s total combined intermodal rail miles and purchased transportation miles shall not exceed 26% of YRC Freight’s total miles during any calendar year.
2019..........4) Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, YRC Freight shall be permitted to utilize companies for over-the-road purchased transportation substitute service. The maximum amount of combined PTS and intermodal rail miles shall be limited to 29% (starting with Calendar Year 2019) of YRC Freight's total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. TNFINC IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION MAY LIMIT OR DISCONTINUE THE USE OF PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION IN ANY GEOGRAPHIC AREA WHERE IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE UPON THIRTY (30) DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE TO YRC FREIGHT. 5) At those locations where PTS is utilized, YRC

page 4 paragraph 3;
"To the extent any non CDL qualified employee bidding into a Non-CDL Driver position is at a rate that is higher than the
current Non-CDL Driver rate, he or she shall maintain that higher rate. Existing CDL - qualified employees shall not be
eligible to bid on Non CDL Driver positions, except as otherwise provided in this Section or as otherwise mutually agreed."

OH, know this, the Central States Pension is KAPUT in 5 years and will be taken over by Uncle Sam...

NOTICE: REQUIRES A 2/3 NO VOTE (200 NO and 100 YES) IN ORDER TO BE REJECTED AND SENT BACK TO NEGOTIATIONS, if 199 NO and 101 YES the contract is accepted;

either way the bank/attorneys get their $million$ bonus...

imano, make it $2 now and $2 over 4 years imayes, if it ain't in my pocket it ain't mine; AND YRC can claim poverty the next day and do some new "save us again" MOU's, i don't like it;
who is going to truck their mobile home to follow work?
a $4 an hour raise over 15 years (2008), a bankrupt Central States Pension, and non-CDL two tier pay scale...

Last edited:
This is just my opinion but the only way to possibly have a positive outcome is to use the pension payments or possibly a 401k option to make YRC employee owned. The employees would then have voting rights as stockholders and a ownership attitude towards doing their jobs and running the company.
Respectfully, I don’t care to own any of this place. It’s a dinosaur that has well outlived it’s usefulness.

Even with that said I’m guessing the stuffed shirts in Overland Park would cringe at having to answer to a bunch of truck driving owners at the annual meeting...
Wouldn't that be the ideal situation rather than them thumbing their noses at the employees? I'm not talking about sham stock options. I'm talking about a real ESPP maybe at a slight discount and using some or all of the pension funds. What would you have to lose especially if you are in Central States? Your BA is still getting his 3 pensions.

Three percent jump in rail and PTS :17113: 2014...The maximum amount of over-the-road
purchased transportation shall be limited to 6% (starting with Calendar Year 2014) of YRC Freight’s total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. In conjunction with using over-the-road purchase transportation providers, YRC Freight’s total combined intermodal rail miles and purchased transportation miles shall not exceed 26% of YRC Freight’s total miles during any calendar year.
2019..........4) Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, YRC Freight shall be permitted to utilize companies for over-the-road purchased transportation substitute service. The maximum amount of combined PTS and intermodal rail miles shall be limited to 29% (starting with Calendar Year 2019) of YRC Freight's total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. TNFINC IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION MAY LIMIT OR DISCONTINUE THE USE OF PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION IN ANY GEOGRAPHIC AREA WHERE IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE UPON THIRTY (30) DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE TO YRC FREIGHT. 5) At those locations where PTS is utilized, YRC

I assume the IBT will be hiring a new employee to monitor the 26% across the country?

NOTICE: REQUIRES A 2/3 NO VOTE (200 NO and 100 YES) IN ORDER TO BE REJECTED AND SENT BACK TO NEGOTIATIONS, if 199 NO and 101 YES the contract is accepted;

I’m not sure if that’s correct, it’s my understanding that if more than half the voting members vote, then it is majority wins. However, if less than half the voting members vote, then it takes 2/3’s of the votes to decline or accept. The caveat being, it’s been, of late, imposed with less than 2/3’s rejections.

If it passes, mark my words, they’ll come back within the 5 year period, and ask for a pay cut again. This just limps them down the road a bit, till they think it’s the right time to pull it. Good luck to all.
Exactly what my BA said and if they dont manage better they will go out of business within 5 yrs anyway!