Yellow | Yrcw National Contract 2019-2024

So every contract same old crying wolf story we have no money vote yes or we will shut the doors , will we have heard this story over & over , time to VOTE for whats right
978-2-7643-2429-5.jpg

If this passes we will be looked down on as 2nd class teamsters plus hurting our Teamster brothers at ABF and UPS Freight they will want same concessions next contract on pension contributions saying we can't be competitive because of YRC.

If this passes we will be looked down on as 2nd class teamsters plus hurting our Teamster brothers at ABF and UPS Freight they will want same concessions next contract on pension contributions saying we can't be competitive because of YRC.

If this gets turned down and scares shippers into staying away and therefore causes the demise of one of the last large unionized LTL trucking companies what will we look like to most people? I'll answer that for you - we'll look like a bunch of ignorant jerks who just shot themselves in the foot! Duh!!

So every contract same old crying wolf story we have no money vote yes or we will shut the doors , will we have heard this story over & over , time to VOTE for whats right
978-2-7643-2429-5.jpg

Wong, I'll say one thing about you. You're consistent in your idiotic view that YRC is loaded with money that they're hiding from the Union, the SEC, the shareholders, the financial analysts, etc. Must be fun to go through life in fantasy land.

How much money does YRC payout to it's non-union employee pension plan every year remember Welch gets $80,000yr pension but can't contribute more to ours?
The non union drivers have no company funded pension plan, the clerical staff dosen't either, as far as I know. The drivers do get 4% into a 401K however.

Regardless of one's opinion of the offer. Comparing YRCW to UPS Freight is nonsense. UPS just shut down UPS Freight until their proposal was approved, to reinforce their "last, best and final offer". And if you don't think UPS was prepared to simply close UPS Freight, you are beyond rational thought. FYI, UPS Freight does not contribute to any MEPFs. So your comment on pension contributions is meaningless, with regard to UPS Freight.
Should there be meaningful dialogue on what should be done with the revenue that otherwise ought to
be contributed MEPFs, of course. But rational thought would lead to the realization that, with the exception of a handful of MEPFs, any money contributed would be wasted. Due to the inescapable conclusion that most MEPFs are on the verge of collapse. And no amount of money from YRCW will prevent that.
Your inclusion of ABF's collective bargaining agreement fails to recognize the vastly different financial condition they enjoy over YRCW.
"Second class Teamsters" is rather disingenuous. There are many Teamsters in America who earn far less and don't have the same benefits and pensions.

The non union drivers have no company funded pension plan, the clerical staff dosen't either, as far as I know. The drivers do get 4% into a 401K however.
$2.07/hr X 2080 hrs/year, maximum in 2019 for all bargaining unit members contributing to 401k.

sorry, what is the pension contribution I shouldve written. is it $125 a week or $80 a week.. I have heard a vast amount of numbers looking for facts. No bs.

Impossible position. No matter what you do, you're screwed. And in the process you've destroyed the union. There is no solidarity. There is no chance of organizing. Hoffa Senior built the Teamsters, Hoffa Junior destroyed the Teamsters. Congratulations, you went along for the ride. Helluva ride at that.

Regardless of one's opinion of the offer. Comparing YRCW to UPS Freight is nonsense. UPS just shut down UPS Freight until their proposal was approved, to reinforce their "last, best and final offer". And if you don't think UPS was prepared to simply close UPS Freight, you are beyond rational thought. FYI, UPS Freight does not contribute to any MEPFs. So your comment on pension contributions is meaningless, with regard to UPS Freight.
Should there be meaningful dialogue on what should be done with the revenue that otherwise ought to
be contributed MEPFs, of course. But rational thought would lead to the realization that, with the exception of a handful of MEPFs, any money contributed would be wasted. Due to the inescapable conclusion that most MEPFs are on the verge of collapse. And no amount of money from YRCW will prevent that.
Your inclusion of ABF's collective bargaining agreement fails to recognize the vastly different financial condition they enjoy over YRCW.
"Second class Teamsters" is rather disingenuous. There are many Teamsters in America who earn far less and don't have the same benefits and pensions.
UPS Freight lost their leverage when Hoffa ratified the Package contract. It's easy for you to talk about pensions when you are already retired collecting a pension from a Local fund that is fully funded not in danger of going kaput mainly because UPS package and UPS Freight still contributes. Local told me I will only get $7 dollars a year at 25% contribution 2009 rate so what is the point of my contribution going into the fund when I will only get $216 dollars a month after 30yrs newer guys like me should have option of contribution going into a 401k or IRA. So what are they going to do when Central States goes bankrupt and Locals that have their own funds fully funded still want contributions?

I'm talking about the company non-union employee pensions remember those pension settlement charges preventing YRC from making a profit?