Yellow | Yrcw Stock "conversations" On Yahoo Finance

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
How low can the YRCW stock price go?

I just bought 1000 shares. YRCW is not out going out of business. This is a long term stock. Patience pays off at the end

All the pain and suffering one has to endure with this stock and company.

This is not at all what I expected. They are long on talk but short on delivery. Two more quarters like this and they are out of cash. I continue to be astounded that with $5 billion of sales they can't squeeze out even a couple percent profit. They need new leadership at the top although it may already be too late to save it.

YRCW needs to restructure refinance debt at more favorable rate , that's what they say . Todays earnings dose not help their ability to refinance at all . They need it bad to survive and even then it's questionable . The cheaper route is probably BK

When 75% of your trailers are empty at a break bulk and vendors want to charge interest because they can’t get paid what’s that tell ya.

If you have hesitated buying IMHO the time has come... Great news out... I believe earnings will be a positive surprise here...

And finally stop blaming the labor the union only makes it so there are fair wages you can't blame the union you can't blame the labor you know who's to blame it's the company the company the company and the people who run it

See more at...
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YRCW/community?p=YRCW

:fan:

On the conference call they said tonnage was heading up. It’s slower now then it was in July. In my opinion it’s gonna take more than consolidating terminals to stay in business.

YRC is not meeting it’s daily shipment projections. That is the bottom lune.
You are correct. And I bet there will be 100 guys working overtime on the docks this weekend at the dc’s. Then not enough work during the week to keep people busy.

You are correct. And I bet there will be 100 guys working overtime on the docks this weekend at the dc’s. Then not enough work during the week to keep people busy.
Funny,
There is plenty of OB loads sitting at my Terminal on the weekend (And during the week) waiting to be picked up. Why do they sit? Simple,
THERE ARE NO ROAD DRIVERS WITH ANY TIME LEFT TO PULL THEM!
This goes back to the sickness almost every Company is feeling,
Lack of warm body ITUS!
What is it with these damn Kids today? If they cant sit their asses in front of a computer then they don't wanna work.
Hell we have a warehouse in the area that will start you, START YOU! At $18.50 an hour. That's the get your foot in the door wage. And they can't find or keep anyone!
Mind you, Lack of people is I guess one of the better problems to have, But it's still a problem! And it's all over Transportation, Warehousing, and Construction.
When you have to have job fairs at prisons for people getting out in 2-3 months just to find workers then there is one hell of a labor shortage or this Countries economy is exploading!

YRC is not meeting it’s daily shipment projections. That is the bottom lune.
Daily bill count for YRC alone,the last 2 quarters is around 38,000, with the regionals around that also, for the last 5 years. About 4,000 less per day total for all 4 companies. I would estimate yrc would need about 45-50,000 bills daily to show a decent profit and reduction of total debt to get things better. The bad part is to move 50,000 per day they would need;
A better relay system
Less handling
Smarter employee utilization
Update anti productive work rules
Management with current freight industry knowledge, and not 30 years ago mentality
People giving an honest days work instead of constantly complaining about the assignment given
Supervisors with open minds to employee input on operations
Just my opinion

How low can the YRCW stock price go?

I just bought 1000 shares. YRCW is not out going out of business. This is a long term stock. Patience pays off at the end

All the pain and suffering one has to endure with this stock and company.

This is not at all what I expected. They are long on talk but short on delivery. Two more quarters like this and they are out of cash. I continue to be astounded that with $5 billion of sales they can't squeeze out even a couple percent profit. They need new leadership at the top although it may already be too late to save it.

YRCW needs to restructure refinance debt at more favorable rate , that's what they say . Todays earnings dose not help their ability to refinance at all . They need it bad to survive and even then it's questionable . The cheaper route is probably BK

When 75% of your trailers are empty at a break bulk and vendors want to charge interest because they can’t get paid what’s that tell ya.

If you have hesitated buying IMHO the time has come... Great news out... I believe earnings will be a positive surprise here...

And finally stop blaming the labor the union only makes it so there are fair wages you can't blame the union you can't blame the labor you know who's to blame it's the company the company the company and the people who run it

See more at...
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YRCW/community?p=YRCW

:fan:
I hope that 1000 shares makes you a bundle, I just don't got that nerve no mo.

Daily bill count for YRC alone,the last 2 quarters is around 38,000, with the regionals around that also, for the last 5 years. About 4,000 less per day total for all 4 companies. I would estimate yrc would need about 45-50,000 bills daily to show a decent profit and reduction of total debt to get things better. The bad part is to move 50,000 per day they would need;
A better relay system
Less handling
Management with current freight industry knowledge, and not 30 years ago mentality
People giving an honest days work instead of constantly complaining about the assignment given
Just my opinion
You hit the nail on the head. Although someone with the ability to move freight like they did 30 years ago would probably be a good start. At my barn, we're still docking freight at 1100pm while the sup's try to figger out the "plan". We regularly dock headers because we might need to change the "plan". Listening to employee input would be a good start, but one of the tenet's of YRCW mgmt is do exactly the opposite.

when is YRCW going to announce a change of operations?
With the next MOU. Could be anytime now. Oh the heck with it, I'm going to spill the beans. just got off the phone with Darrin, the new mou will make us all "utility employees" You'll work the dock for 6 hours then leave on your linehaul trip. Hourly for 6 hours then on the mile. This will provide us with the "synergies to compete in todays market place"

With the next MOU. Could be anytime now. Oh the heck with it, I'm going to spill the beans. just got off the phone with Darrin, the new mou will make us all "utility employees" You'll work the dock for 6 hours then leave on your linehaul trip. Hourly for 6 hours then on the mile. This will provide us with the "synergies to compete in todays market place"
300lbs+ Road Drivers are not going to be good on the dock bad move if true

Do they have sun visors??
Obviously these lifts ain’t from 309....
The visors, and mirrors on the new lifts at 309, lasted less than a shift, before going MIA. I would add, there was dock construction under way at that time also.

New Penn wasn't a huge profit company for it was regional and only a couple thousand employees.
BUT it made money.
Sometimes the best money in the business.
It didn't see sense in theories which lose money.
Like the "bill count" theory.
Yes they used to tell us the bill count.

But what made money was the revenue per bill.
And that was posted on the load sheets right at the strips and loads for all to see.
It said exactly how much that bill was paying us.
And if the bill wasn't paying.....I doubt they hauled it many times.

And the revenue can't even be guaged with the amount of damages and refusals and claims when all that matters is bill count.

Instead of using a system which worked for profit, which gets incorporated into a Teamster contract, generating stability, they opt for the system which generates alot of work.....for loss and instability for customer, Teamster, and company.

The only customers which matter are the top shareholders.
And right now they are Black Rock and Vanguard.
Who are top shareholders in most of trucking companies and the companies we all haul for.

Meaning, that they can afford loss in some companies but not all.
And put this company against that or this employee against that one at will to keep all under their heel.
The only way to stop the madness is to get the numbers in the union the way that the real Jimmy Hoffa had.
We, at all companies are all in the same boat, and the top dogs are just playing with all of us.
And the freight will continue to be hauled, wether the companies can profit or go under.

If huge money can keep Yellow unstable, and the bill count theory is a good way to do that, then the union members in LTL are kept in check in fear of job loss.
And other drivers won't join the union because they will continue to believe that " unions sink companies".
Seriously, you had to dig up a 3 year old post to push the Vanguard and Blackrock theroy.

A better relay system
Less handling
Just my opinion
Partner ""Common Sense "" is not in the Yeller Handbook , but if they could only reflect in a mirror to look back on past mistakes made & stop making the same mistakes again !!