ABF | YRCW stock down another 25% today trading as low as $3.29

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
This stock traded at $11.04 July 21st and $17.61 January 22nd.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/34172...doj-alleges-systematic-overcharging-shipments

YRC Worldwide (YRCW -20.5%) sinks to a 52-week low after the U.S. Department of Justice files a lawsuit against some of the company's units alleging the freight companies "systematically overcharged" the federal government for freight carrier services and made false statements to hide their misconduct.

The lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Buffalo alleges that for more than seven years the subsidiaries defrauded the Defense Department "by millions of dollars for shipments that were actually lighter, and thus cheaper, than the weights for which the defendants charged the government."

YRCW says the government's claims are "totally without merit."

Bankruptcy the government is in on the scam too why would this come out at the end of the year around contract time?

Maybe there wasn't an agreement to settle out of court?
Ok, when you are in a disagreement with a company about charges , you 1st talk to them and try to change it , if they won't try to work with you , then you sue them , so it kinda looks like YRCW won't try to settle this one on one , so now the courts will !

if the stock goes below $0, will the employees have to write THEM a check?...can a stock even go below $0 like the temperature?

Sorry, not exactly true. I have seen counter shares sell for less than .01 cents. For example, 3 shares for a penny. I have never seen it sold that way in the U.S. but when I was younger I used to trade in overseas markets.

.01 is NOT less than zero. You need to brush up on your math skills.

.01 is NOT less than zero. You need to brush up on your math skills.
Really, how much is 3 share for $.01 cent and a $25 brokerage fee? Please show your math (LOL school term).

This is from 2010 I think......."SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW said late Wednesday its board approved a 1:25 reverse stock split to become effective Oct. 1. YRC will amend its certificate of incorporation Thursday, reducing the number of authorized shares to 80 million from 2 billion, and the number of outstanding shares to 48 million from 1.2 billion. Shares of YRC fell 19% to 26 cents in after-hours activity"

Really, how much is 3 share for $.01 cent and a $25 brokerage fee? Please show your math (LOL school term). This is from 2010 I think.......SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW said late Wednesday its board approved a 1:25 reverse stock split to become effective Oct. 1. YRC will amend its certificate of incorporation Thursday, reducing the number of authorized shares to 80 million from 2 billion, and the number of outstanding shares to 48 million from 1.2 billion. Shares of YRC fell 19% to 26 cents in after-hours activit

Stick to the topic we're discussing, a share price can never be LESS than zero. Three shares for .01 cent is still NOT less than zero. Why are you even bringing brokerage fees into the discussion? We're talking about a share price, period, not any ancillary fees of any kind.

PS - The correct term is over-the-counter shares, not counter shares.

Stick to the topic we're discussing, a share price can never be LESS than zero. Three shares for .01 cent is still NOT less than zero. Why are you even bringing brokerage fees into the discussion? We're talking about a share price, period, not any ancillary fees of any kind.
No......and brokerage fees are part of stock cost.

No......and brokerage fees are part of stock cost.

Brokerage fees are part of the COST to buy or sell shares. They are not SHARE price. Stick to the topic we're discussing please. Share price can never be less than zero. It must be a shock to you to be wrong for the first time in your life, right?

Brokerage fees are part of the COST to buy or sell shares. They are not SHARE price. Stick to the topic we're discussing please. Share price can never be less than zero. It must be a shock to you to be wrong for the first time in your life, right?
You're absolutely correct. All those people who lost everything in the stockmarket really didn't lose everything because a stock cannot go below zero. LOL. Market advice 101. I love it. Thanks for cheering me up before I go to work. A good laugh helps start a good trip. Thanks triplex.

You're absolutely correct. All those people who lost everything in the stockmarket really didn't lose everything because a stock cannot go below zero. LOL. Market advice 101. I love it. Thanks for cheering me up before I go to work. A good laugh helps start a good trip. Thanks triplex.

You continue to make comments which have absolutely nothing to do with the original point - that a share price can never be less than zero. Is it really that hard for you to understand and accept the accuracy of that statement? You sure like to deflect when you discover you're wrong in a discussion. Have a safe trip anyway.

You continue to make comments which have absolutely nothing to do with the original point - that a share price can never be less than zero. Is it really that hard for you to understand and accept the accuracy of that statement? You sure like to deflect when you discover you're wrong in a discussion. Have a safe trip anyway.

Kz2SiPU.jpg