ABF | YRCW stock down another 25% today trading as low as $3.29

But,.....You accept an elected position in anticipation of the responsibility,...the moral responsibility,.....to be able to tell the people who elected you the truth......

Even a Steward's election......You should be found out quickly if you can't tell either your co-workers, or management the truth......

And,....Not having the courage to speak up,....is just as bad as a lie.......

When our IBT leaders ...discount us, and say: "Ahh,...yer just a truck driver.....Ya don't unnerstand...".....They are trying to justify...to themselves...reasons for not telling us the truth.
I don’t disagree with you but the reality is if Hoffa would have told everyone that we needed to reduce the pension payout he would not have been re-elected. Most politicians number 1 priority is to keep their jobs. Not right but reality. Very few politicians have a spine.

I don’t disagree with you but the reality is if Hoffa would have told everyone that we needed to reduce the pension payout he would not have been re-elected. Most politicians number 1 priority is to keep their jobs. Not right but reality. Very few politicians have a spine.
Those politicians who have decided to ignore political motivations (who have a spine or decide to tell the truth) do not get reelected. An election IS a popularity vote. And if you don't tell people what they want to hear, then the people elect the person who does tell them what they want to hear.

Those politicians who have decided to ignore political motivations (who have a spine or decide to tell the truth) do not get reelected. An election IS a popularity vote. And if you don't tell people what they want to hear, then the people elect the person who does tell them what they want to hear.
That’s a first or second post I actually agree with you with. Politicians are scum bags.

Teflon Don lost the popular vote but won the electoral college.
Just sayin......

Teflon Don lost the popular vote but won the electoral college.
Just sayin......

Ho-Ho!... We've made a distinct effort to keep politics out of this board......hard to do, sometimes....

Many may agree with your sentiment, Brother,.........but we've got to keep the politics corralled up in their own....umm...

That'll prevent the unfounded opinions and childish insults,.....and we'll all continue to respect each other here....

Ho-Ho!... We've made a distinct effort to keep politics out of this board......hard to do, sometimes....

Many may agree with your sentiment, Brother,.........but we've got to keep the politics corralled up in their own....umm...

That'll prevent the unfounded opinions and childish insults,.....and we'll all continue to respect each other here....
I respect that. I respect all.
You know there is a "But"
Politics was brought up way before I wrote anything.
usually keep it to myself. And I will.
Sorry. Will not happen again.
(I provoked the canary. Sheesh) :27:

Last edited:
I respect that. I respect all.
You know there is a "But"
Politics was brought up way before I wrote anything.
usually keep it to myself. And I will.
Sorry. Will not happen again.
(I provoked the canary. Sheesh) :27:

I wallow around in the "Politics" swamp until I get disgusted with the childish name-calling. Then I come back here , as a breath of fresh air, to talk to adults.....

I just didn't want to see any of that here, Brother......I enjoy talking to all of you guys here......

I wallow around in the "Politics" swamp until I get disgusted with the childish name-calling. Then I come back here , as a breath of fresh air, to talk to adults.....

I just didn't want to see any of that here, Brother......I enjoy talking to all of you guys here......
I completely understand.
I don't like politics to begin with.
I won't even go on the political forum and I won't bring it up anywhere else again
If I do. You know what to do. Lol.
I enjoy talking here too and politics doesn't belong here.
OK. Nuff said.
Gotta go do my time anyway... I work afternoons.

Afternoons? When I worked, I loved afternoon shift. Start at 2;00,.....done by 11:00...

That's the leisure shift..........most management gone by 5:00.......
True.
But I've been pretty well stuck on it for a long time. (no cdl) midnights is the other choice. No thanks on that.
One of the reasons I'm leaving. One among many. I'll be on it forever or as long as they exist. Two pm would be much better. But even with the time I have I can't hold an earlier because there are 58 year old guys there with 34 years. I only have 31.
Never ever be able to hold anything earlier.

The point was that politics play a large role in decisions made by our union leaders and are certainly taking account of before making any decisions-especially unpopular ones. Politics are unavoidable.

Afternoons? When I worked, I loved afternoon shift. Start at 2;00,.....done by 11:00...

That's the leisure shift..........most management gone by 5:00.......
True.
But I've been pretty well stuck on it for a long time. (no cdl) midnights is the other choice. No thanks on that.
One of the reasons I'm leaving. One among many. I'll be on it forever or as long as they exist. Two pm would be much better. But even with the time I have I can't hold an earlier because there are 58 year old guys there with 34 years. I only have 31.
Never ever be able to hold anything earlier.

O/B rocks!! Clean freight, makes the company money and building is easier than cleaning up OPS. (Other People’s Shenanigans)

True.
That's one reason I stay on it. Hours too. Even though it's grown old.
I look at it this way like today.
3 hours in the dentist chair. And still plenty of time to finish a shift.
The things you can get done BEFORE work.
Now. Just a matter of staying awake this long.
:1036316054:

Up @ $5.63, 30 minutes till close.
Coulda made a nice little profit, buying on the low. :17142:

I think that would be more than double your money @ $2.41?
The stock history & 250 a share it might not be much of a risk to take. Contract talk time, I might short the stock & then buy as soon as they announce an agreement. von.

Kinda.
I've been laying in bed waking and falling asleep for two hours.
Not a restless time. Just felt good knowing I could just do it.
I didn't have to get up. Even after goofing off like that I've 5 hours before my shift. 4 hours before I have to drive in and nothin to really do today.
Now yesterday was different.
Bu I ain't cutting grass. Done doing that.

Brother,....Robert Young retired in 2016. I don't think he has any role left in the operation of what is now no longer the company he built.......
The Young Turks and the Bean-Counters are in charge........You know,....The ones that couldn't tell the difference between a glad-hand and a gearshift two tries out of three.......

The....numbers and the computers and the software matter, now.........Employees are an afterthought, at best....and at worst, an impediment to more profit.......