Yellow | YRCW-TNFINC Contract Negotiations Update 12-21-18

Question for the T.B. experts on here , Will these new "Right to Work Laws" in some states effect any changes in new contract , IF we get one ??

Why are you concerned about a new contract? Aren't you always saying they should lock the gate?
I think that he wants a fair contract.... his way about expressing himself sometimes upsets people.... we... I get fed up with the way things are going at times and probably upset people too...

I want a fair contract also....

I think that he wants a fair contract.... his way about expressing himself sometimes upsets people.... we... I get fed up with the way things are going at times and probably upset people too...

Stimpy, I don't get upset with Wong. We've been jousting with each other for a very long time now. All in good fun even if we don't see eye-to-eye all the time.

I should set you guys up on a weekend turn to Dallas with my partner. You would then see him in a whole different light. But if you run into mistic while down there, don’t mention light...

Question for the T.B. experts on here , Will these new "Right to Work Laws" in some states effect any changes in new contract , IF we get one ??

Here is an example of what is in there now:

State Law
(d) No provision of this Article shall apply in any state to the extent that it may be prohibited by state law. If under applicable state law additional requirements must be met before any such provisions may become effective, such additional requirements shall be first met.

Agency Shop
(e) If any agency shop clause is permissible in any state where the provisions of this Article relating to the Union Shop cannot apply, the following Agency Clause shall prevail:
(1) Membership in the Local Union is not compulsory. Employees have the right to join, not join, maintain, or drop their membership in the Local Union, as they see fit. Neither party shall exert any pressure on, or discriminate against, an employee as regards such matters.

Article 3, Section 1
(2) Membership in the Local Union is separate, apart and distinct from the assumption by one of his/her equal obligation to the extent that he/she receives equal benefits. The Local Union is required under this Agreement to represent all of the employees in the bargaining unit fairly and equally without regard to whether or not an employee is a member of the Local Union. The terms of this Agreement have been made for all employees in the bargaining unit and not only for members in the Local Union, and this Agreement has been executed by the Employer after it has satisfied itself that the Local Union is the choice of a majority of the employees in the bargaining unit. Accordingly, it is fair that each employee in the bargaining unit pays his/her own way and assume his/her fair share of the obligations along with the grant of equal benefits contained in this Agreement.

Why are you concerned about a new contract? Aren't you always saying they should lock the gate?
Key words ! "IF we get one ??" now this is ONLY a THEORY ?? but now with this new HNRY Logostics , big changes maybe be happening behind the scene and we don't see the big pic yet ! and YES does anybody think they can keep the gates open & hire driver's at this pay scale in years to come after 90% of current driver's retire or Quit in next few years ??

Last edited:
Key words ! "IF we get one ??" now this is ONLY a THEORY ?? but now with this new HNRY Logostics , big changes maybe be happening behind the scene and we don't see the big pic yet ! and YES does anybody think they can keep the gates open & hire driver's at this pay scale in years to come after 90% of current driver's retire or Quit in next few years ??
They are hiring the dregs at 309 met a new driver with a recent DUI and another who did a few years in prison for growing marijuana they will take anyone with a CDL! The YRC school is training drivers for Fedex, R & L and Old Dominion they tell them to go to the YRC school to get trained with doubles then just hire on with them pay back tuition. Their recruiters are worthless this is still one the best entry level jobs $60,000 first year better than starting college graduates they would keep more people if they would just be honest tell them their going to be on call and running teams first few years.

take a long look around you at your terminal. what do you see ? you see decay from a lack of investment into the most important customer the company has, its employees. forklifts, pallet jacks, load bars, trucks, property everything is worn out into submission and yet they will offer us a pittance of a salary increase and the sheep will take it. have some pride in yourself and be willing to say enough is enough. 10 years of givebacks of your money into a black hole and no end in sight. our c suite managers make the most of anyone in transportation and no one is being fired for incompetence. stock down 80% on the year and debt at 900$ million. argue over 60 80 90 an hour raises but no one is looking at the entire picture and how far behind we are compared to our competitors in technology, equipment and manpower. you want to hire more people, pay isnt the only thing that matters. its the entirety of the product being offered. at our competitor estes who has a terminal in our back yard literally, they have heated docks.. heated docks !! we have doors that dont close and wont be repaired or replaced.

take a long look around you at your terminal. what do you see ? you see decay from a lack of investment into the most important customer the company has, its employees. forklifts, pallet jacks, load bars, trucks, property everything is worn out into submission and yet they will offer us a pittance of a salary increase and the sheep will take it. have some pride in yourself and be willing to say enough is enough. 10 years of givebacks of your money into a black hole and no end in sight. our c suite managers make the most of anyone in transportation and no one is being fired for incompetence. stock down 80% on the year and debt at 900$ million. argue over 60 80 90 an hour raises but no one is looking at the entire picture and how far behind we are compared to our competitors in technology, equipment and manpower. you want to hire more people, pay isnt the only thing that matters. its the entirety of the product being offered. at our competitor estes who has a terminal in our back yard literally, they have heated docks.. heated docks !! we have doors that dont close and wont be repaired or replaced.
Very well said:clapping:

THANK YOU ! I've went back to this company 3 times after layoffs . NO MORE ! The writing is on the wall (unfortunately) . I hope for the best ,but how can you not see the train wreck ?

I'm leaving in 18 working days.
I saw the writing on the wall long ago and this is the first chance to leave so I'm taking it.
Good luck to all who have to endure the situation.
I do mean that. Alot of good men and women still do their jobs.
No joke. We kept it afloat. Jest if you like. But the ones who kept working and did the job through these 10 plus years kept em afloat.

I'm leaving in 18 working days.
I saw the writing on the wall long ago and this is the first chance to leave so I'm taking it.
Good luck to all who have to endure the situation.
I do mean that. Alot of good men and women still do their jobs.
No joke. We kept it afloat. Jest if you like. But the ones who kept working and did the job through these 10 plus years kept em afloat.

It’s nice having the option to retire but I won’t do them any favors. This management can’t pay attention needless to say a raise. I’m not getting anymore in retirement so i do a quarter of what I use to do. We put a million miles on a clutch and never leave the yard. I watch people retire with more money than me and I have been here 8 to 10 years longer. Screw Yrc and Hoffa prime example of thief’s and age discrimination. Suck what you can till the end it won’t be much longer.

im not sure anyone can make a 1/2 filled pup last all night but i sure try every night.. goal for 19 is to not move a single pallet at night just ride around. bad enough we get yelled at for sweeping dock or trailer out we are told we dont have time for that..

Eol's are the place to be. The dock hands pretty well run it. One supervisor.
Paper pusher. And bad decision maker needed. Lol.
Now I've never worked a large distribution center. Different worlds.
Enough problems at an eol. I am fortunate not to have been forced to work at one. But of course I know some who do.
As for retiring. I gain nothing by staying. Nothing. And I will take what I can while I can. I earned the pittance I'm gonna get. If it runs out. So be it. I'll worry about that when it happens. And most likely won't worry about it. Cause there is not a damn thing I can do except for what I doing now.
Preparing..
And trust me. I am preparing well. I'm not worried if the pension runs out.
But I'm gonna sit on my ass after 31 years and get a peice of it.
And anyone who doesn't. Well. That's their decision.. I've made mine and moved some big pieces on the board in preparation. If someone has the age and can get out in one peice why not? Why stay? More B. S.? I've had enough. Just read through these threads. They say alot.

Eol's are the place to be. The dock hands pretty well run it. One supervisor.
Paper pusher. And bad decision maker needed. Lol.
Now I've never worked a large distribution center. Different worlds.
Enough problems at an eol. I am fortunate not to have been forced to work at one. But of course I know some who do.
As for retiring. I gain nothing by staying. Nothing. And I will take what I can while I can. I earned the pittance I'm gonna get. If it runs out. So be it. I'll worry about that when it happens. And most likely won't worry about it. Cause there is not a damn thing I can do except for what I doing now.
Preparing..
And trust me. I am preparing well. I'm not worried if the pension runs out.
But I'm gonna sit on my ass after 31 years and get a peice of it.
And anyone who doesn't. Well. That's their decision.. I've made mine and moved some big pieces on the board in preparation. If someone has the age and can get out in one peice why not? Why stay? More B. S.? I've had enough. Just read through these threads. They say alot.
You are very wise man.....I pretty much done what your doing......good luck, you won't regret it......don't forget to turn the porch light on. :1036316054:

Leap of faith.
Porch light is always on!

UWsInPu.jpg